Project Cruise Ship

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Cruise Ship
Nothing really exciting to report, I took the ship to be valeted by a friend who is in the trade and the best thing is...it cost me nothing Smile

The complete interior apart from the roof lining was washed and protected, the results are amazing!

Apologies for the 1 crap pic lol

[Image: u3unu4a2.jpg]
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Got my eBay winnings today. Fitted my new oem mats and SP grille, pics to follow as I got caught in the rain fitting the grille

Thanks given by:
You're old!! Tongue

Nah it looks cool mate. Must be nice to have something new(ish) that you won't have to fart about with every five minutes. What's it go like? Smile
Thanks given by:
(29-05-2014, 08:24 PM)disco stu Wrote: You're old!! Tongue

Nah it looks cool mate. Must be nice to have something new(ish) that you won't have to fart about with every five minutes. What's it go like? Smile

I wanted a focus but they're too small, so I went bigger Smile

I didn't think of a 407 before I saw the advert but the value for money is great and they have nailed the build quality-ish Smile

It's 136bhp but it's pulling over 2 tons! It's home is the motorway, the torque in 6th is Smile

Thanks given by:
Slam it! Wink
Thanks given by:
Ha ha love to on 20" rims...but no lol

Maybe lower 30mm on 17" cosmos though...keep it oem Smile

Thanks given by:
Sounds good bud Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks fella + I spent all the monies buying the thing so mods will be further down the line Sad

Thanks given by:
All is going very well which is good but I need some help and guidance as I've never owned a HDI before.

When driving around town at low revs the car seems to have what I describe as a hesitation/delay. It's not all the time and the temp of the engine makes no difference. I've had the airfilter out and it's clean, I've cleaned the resistor/sensor at the airbox with a very soft cloth and it's made no difference.

Any ideas chaps????

A discriprion nabbed from another forum is below, sounds like a common issue but no solutions Sad

" a tendency for the engine to be slightly hesitant at between 1500-2000rpm when in gears 1 to 3. It doesn't do it all the time, but when it does I can feel the engine hold back and then go (if that makes sense). At first I thought it may be something to do with the air con compressor kicking in and out, but it does it even with the climate control switched off. I've checked the air intake and made sure all connections are sound and replaced the airfilter. My next thoughts turn to either glowplugs or fuel filter? - I just get the feeling its not running smooth, a but like damp/old spark plugs in a petrol car."

Thanks given by: