Help me find...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help me find...
Can anyone help me find...

A tablet or similar device (preferably with GSM) WITHOUT a camera - for what I've got to use it for it CANNOT have a camera!

Old school is good, but if it is, it's gotta be available cheap, I was looking at Nokia Communicators - that kinda thing... But can't find anything very suitable?

Loves and kittens.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tonnes on here at decent prices, some 'brand' and some lesser known brands.. http://dx.com/c/laptops-tablets-1499/tablets-1409
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Amazon-Kindle-...1c374ed3f7

no camera on the older ones, there are a few others like the asus ones, but a lot if not all the newer ones will have cameras in...

what you going to be using it for? (if you don't mind me asking)
Project: Formula Peugeot
Thanks given by:
could you just break the camera lenses or have it covered?
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 11:37 AM)lolsteve Wrote: could you just break the camera lenses or have it covered?

This. hammer = no camera
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 11:39 AM)cwspellowe Wrote:
(02-10-2013, 11:37 AM)lolsteve Wrote: could you just break the camera lenses or have it covered?

This. hammer = no camera

A lot of companies with sensitive information or equipment will see it that you could easily have the camera repaired or uncovered, hence the no camera policy. Quite common nowdays tbh
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's a Datacentre that doesn't allow any cameras, USB Storage or paper in...

Yet you an take a laptop in.... As long as it doesn't have a camera...

FFS!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
You need to get friendly with the operators there. I run into these problems all the time, but if their rules are really stopping you working and you get friendly with the guys running the place they can be flexible. I've been on sites where everything has been read out to us like that, we'd kindly say well do you want this work doing or not? Soon after its fair enough in you go with your big toolbox and here's a pass for the whole building Smile
Thanks given by:
Funnily enough this is the reason why blackberry were good 5-8 years ago. They were focused on business use and didn't have cameras as a lot of places confiscate camera phones. My office do with visitors as we do have some sensitive info there.
Now blackberrys are just used as door stops and organising riots and not much else.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 12:10 PM)Niall Wrote: Now blackberrys are just used as door stops and organising riots and not much else.

I've hard milwall fans have started using them as bricks when they don't have a paper/magazine to hand now aswell...

This should do you ruan...

[Image: usb-typewriter.jpg]
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Kindle Fire? http://www.amazon.co.uk/kindle-fire-tabl...B0083Q04M2
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 12:20 PM)Grant Wrote:
(02-10-2013, 12:10 PM)Niall Wrote: Now blackberrys are just used as door stops and organising riots and not much else.

I've hard milwall fans have started using them as bricks when they don't have a paper/magazine to hand now aswell...

This should do you ruan...

Even that's got a f*cking Webcam, I can see it!!!

And yep, looks like a Kindle Fire is the best we can do actually...

They're a proper arsey data centre as apparently it holds DoWP and NHS data... It's a class 4 data centre and they're very proud of it apparently...

Even though I heard a hilarious story about how the guys there were showing off their rack key system that only allowed you to take keys that you'd been allocated and before you leave the room, you have to put the keys you took back so they couldn't be lost or removed... To which the bloke has 4 sets of keys in his hand and says "Ah we'll just go out this unalarmed door here" - with the keys in hand.... *Facedesk*

All a bunch of bollocks basically - it's a cracking excuse for me to get a Nokia Communicator as I've wanted one, but never been able to justify it... Now I can get one on the basis it DOESN'T have a camera Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Which DC is that Ruan?
Thanks given by:
(02-10-2013, 11:52 AM)Ruan Wrote: Yeah, it's a Datacentre that doesn't allow any cameras, USB Storage or paper in...

Yet you an take a laptop in.... As long as it doesn't have a camera...

FFS!

No paper....Wtf
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
It's one in the north east, I don't think I'm technically allowed to say?!

I do understand the paper one, it's a non air-con datacentre, just forced air, so it's REDICULOUSLY windy in there... So you cannot leave paper anywhere, it will fly off somewhere.
Thanks given by:
Not to worry mate, I just wondered if it was the DC supplying our system Smile I don't think it is.
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 09:03 AM)Ruan Wrote: It's one in the north east, I don't think I'm technically allowed to say?!

Newcastle'ish possibly?
Thanks given by:
Nook 7?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
They're e-ink though aren't they?
Thanks given by:
Not sure if they have a camera but what about the new Microsoft surface tablet/laptop crossover?
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 09:42 AM)tigerstyle Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 09:03 AM)Ruan Wrote: It's one in the north east, I don't think I'm technically allowed to say?!

Newcastle'ish possibly?

Around that area yeah Smile

You probably know the one I'm on about, it's a HP owned one I know that much...
Thanks given by:
Is that patient data Ruan - the nhs stuff? We're allowed phones on the wards where we have patient/confidential notes right in front of us. We have even been supplied iPads with no such camera warnings.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Different rules between being in a hospital compared to in a DC though buddy Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Find my sister a car. Kezzieboy 33 8,273 04-04-2015, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Kezzieboy
Thumbs Up Find out where your car was first registered Mattcheese31 11 2,233 22-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Last Post: lolsteve
  An Interesting Find... Scott 10 2,166 15-05-2014, 07:21 AM
Last Post: THE_Liam