Auto window question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auto window question
Evening, can anyone confirm if its just the window switch that is different between auto windows on a ph3 meridian for example and my hdi dturbo.
The meridian has auto drivers window mine doesnt
Im lazy and want auto window is it just as simple as swapping the switches? Or is it not that simple
[Image: av5ym8.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Not quite that simple mate, theres a difference in the wiring iirc. I seem to recall someone who just tried swapping the switches, and blew a fuse when they clicked for the auto.

Im sure someone will be along shortly though to make me look like I have no idea what im talking about though. Itwasntme
[Image: P1060836_zpsz3xgxt7q.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I thought all phase 3's had auto drivers window.....mine all have!
Thanks given by:
No my 5dr hdi dturbo has a normal window switch no auto Sad
Thanks given by:
Hmm, I had a 5 door DTurbo recently, I'm sure that was auto. The only difference between it and the later meridians was rear electrics I thought. The switch is in the garage still but I cba to go check atm lol.
Thanks given by:
(27-09-2013, 08:28 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Hmm, I had a 5 door DTurbo recently, I'm sure that was auto. The only difference between it and the later meridians was rear electrics I thought. The switch is in the garage still but I cba to go check atm lol.

Go on have a look Wink
Its defo not auto I mean its not like its goin to have been changed?
unless it has and auto one will just plug straight in that will be win
cheers guys
Thanks given by:
Lol, I'll look tomorrow if theres not a more helpful reply before then.

I'm almost certain it was auto though, as I remember getting slightly irritated at the fact the passenger one in 306s isn't auto and I'm used to both being auto in other cars lol.
Thanks given by:
Ideal cheers mate
Thanks given by:
Best bet would be to get a auto window switch and try it. I dunno if I got 1 lying around. Not sure if the xs was auto window
Thanks given by:
Yeah thought id see if anyone knew before trying it and finding out it doesn't work :/.
If u have one frosty give me a tx
Thanks given by:
No, it isn't the same. IIRC you need to switch the door loom (or at least there is a difference somewhere in there and it is quicker to switch the door loom).
[Image: 306Green5DrSig.png]
Thanks given by:
You definitely need the loom as well. Fit the switch only and you will pop fuses.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Did anyone get round to doing this? I don't see why switching the loom would enable the auto function as it's intergrated into the switch on ph3s? Confused
Thanks given by:
Isn't there a control box in the door too? I looked into it briefly and decided it was too much effort and just held switch down lol
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(03-10-2013, 12:07 PM)Grant Wrote: You definitely need the loom as well. Fit the switch only and you will pop fuses.

Correct. The non auto door loom provides power to different pins on the switch. Change the switch and door loom and away you go.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 10:49 AM)Niall Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 12:07 PM)Grant Wrote: You definitely need the loom as well. Fit the switch only and you will pop fuses.

Correct. The non auto door loom provides power to different pins on the switch. Change the switch and door loom and away you go.

Will a 5 door door loom fit a three door?
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 12:00 PM)DeeTurbo Wrote:
(17-04-2014, 10:49 AM)Niall Wrote:

Will a 5 door door loom fit a three door?

Not sure. May be a bit too short.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(17-04-2014, 08:13 PM)Niall Wrote: Not sure. May be a bit too short.

Yeah that's what I was thinking.
Thanks given by:
I did this to my brothers p3 hdi dturbo v reg and it just kept popping fuses so i would change the loom as others have said
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  drivers auto window sam 14 4,459 14-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Last Post: puglove
  Electric Window Reg question Ben Jay 5 2,216 02-11-2012, 03:55 PM
Last Post: ash240970
  Auto wipers question Midnightclub 42 12,773 22-04-2012, 10:06 AM
Last Post: cully