alreeeet from north wales

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alreeeet from north wales
had my L reg 306 1.9 td for a couple of months now.....like driving a tank with a rocket up its butt lol.....am in North Wales ( first car ---- Had bikes prior to this but have a number of children so the wife and i ....felt it time to get a car...) had a few issues but getting there....only mod i have made is a set of whistleing halfords roof bars lol)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
Greetings
Thanks given by:
Welcome to the forum mate! Has your car had a new front end? It's a phase 2 front end from a '97 on car...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
i didnt even realise that liam

Welcome a long Smile
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 09:03 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Welcome to the forum mate! Has your car had a new front end? It's a phase 2 front end from a '97 on car...

ooops its an R reg lol.....so yeh its a phase 2....back bumper was a 'whiter shade of pale' lol so i used a number of solutions to get it as close to black as possible....bought it blind on ebay drove the wifes car down to powys then driove it back home (praying it would not have any issues) all tyres needed changing, front pipe needed changing ( took the cat pipe off and put a straight through on) track end was 'looser than gary glitter in a childrens home' still have a knocking sound, guessing its something to do with the ANTI-ROLL bar (only happens on full lock) .......the issue i have is the handbrake.....the cables underneath were not in place so had to be 'ammended to fit' has laquer peel but in fairness the lil red monster is a tank with attitude lol
Thanks given by:
Welcome. Where in north wales are you I'm from Wrexham.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 09:19 PM)Aaron _d95 Wrote: Welcome. Where in north wales are you I'm from Wrexham.

i am an hour down the road in Llanfairfechan mate near Conwy....plenty of little roads to throw its bottom round ( sometimes i forget i am in the car an think i am still on a bike lol)
Thanks given by:
welcome. a knock on full lock maybe cv joints.

is this tuned at all??....you say a tank with a rocket...if its not tuned, its slow! haha!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Sounds about right for a blind eBay buy! Last time I did that was a lot worse! As for the faded bumpers, try Auto Glym trim restorer, worked well on mine. Or just rub veg oil into them, that works as well Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 09:24 PM)Piggy Wrote: welcome. a knock on full lock maybe cv joints.

is this tuned at all??....you say a tank with a rocket...if its not tuned, its slow! haha!
compared to my bike that did 0-60 in less than 4 seconds it is slow lol....but the engine out does the wifes 2006 astra 1.7 cdti...i have noticed it has issues when approaching roundabouts....---- does not like slowing down to second tends to pull too much...so end up 3rd going round then away whoosh

cheers Liam, i used back to black followed by a black dye, followed by a spray followed by some more dye lol......it was one of those niggly things that really sent my mind wild lol
Thanks given by:
XUD boxes are quite low-geared, and XUDs also have epic engine braking, dropping into second at speed needs a bit of heel 'n toe Wink
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 09:23 PM)stocksmenace Wrote:
(26-09-2013, 09:19 PM)Aaron _d95 Wrote: Welcome. Where in north wales are you I'm from Wrexham.

i am an hour down the road in Llanfairfechan mate near Conwy....plenty of little roads to throw its bottom round ( sometimes i forget i am in the car an think i am still on a bike lol)

Same I also ride a bike. Ha

NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
having tinkered with bikes over the years and being concerned with the condition of the body...i feel rather bad on my 306...had considered wrapping it to hide the awful laquer peel...(decided against it) should have a few k miles out of her....110k on th clock when bought...have started amending the inside...bought some leather vinyl stuff to sort out the door interiors (takes longer than changing them direct for leather ones but for £10 for enough material from "the range" its just a case of man hours to be put in
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 09:54 PM)stocksmenace Wrote: having tinkered with bikes over the years and being concerned with the condition of the body...i feel rather bad on my 306...had considered wrapping it to hide the awful laquer peel...(decided against it) should have a few k miles out of her....110k on th clock when bought...have started amending the inside...bought some leather vinyl stuff to sort out the door interiors (takes longer than changing them direct for leather ones but for £10 for enough material from "the range" its just a case of man hours to be put in

Would you be interested in a full set of mint 5 door leaf pattern half Leather interior my mate got has got some also in Wrexham.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Hello welcome to the Peugeot 306 car forum.
Thanks given by:
[/quote]

Would you be interested in a full set of mint 5 door leaf pattern half Leather interior my mate got has got some also in Wrexham.
[/quote]

No thanks bud, i have thrown some cheap covers on the seats for the time being...
on anther note i have noticed considering its a 1.9 turbo i do seem to get quite a decent mpg... getting over 50 on average
Thanks given by:
Welcome
Thanks given by:
Welcome
(msg sent from hell)

If i dont c ya threw week ill c ya threw window.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Newbie from North Wales Dionbee93 10 2,300 26-08-2015, 05:57 PM
Last Post: RetroPug
  Newbie from West Wales madwelshman 32 8,978 26-11-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: madwelshman
  newbie hello from sw wales blinkyeatu 9 3,500 26-11-2014, 03:55 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu