3k~ to spend on a car what would you buy?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
3k~ to spend on a car what would you buy?
No really, vectras are shit.

*wanders off to find bigger spoon*
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Fine line between being a hipster and individuality. As Danny said buy a car because you like it, not because you want to show what a unique snowflake you are Wink
Thanks given by:
Agreed...you have to think why certain cars are more 'individual'.....there has to be a reason there's not more of them about. Wink

I really couldn't care how many people own the car I choose. Same with wheels - I like 'clones and couldn't care less that half the phase 3s came out with them.
Thanks given by:
It's not individuality for the sake of it, I just get bored of common cars you know? Shit cars are still shit, no matter how rare, or common they may be Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Should be able to pick up something american and V8 for that money, Caprice, Delta 88, Catalina, Cutlass, Regal, fox-body Mustang or maybe even a gen 3 Firebird or Camaro...

Meets none of your requirements, but nothing makes knickers come off faster than a V8 Wink
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Haha thanks for the input, but think im going to stick with something diesel, and german Wink
Thanks given by:
I'm gonna just leave this here...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oldsmobile-Cut...4d11e7af19
Thanks given by:
Bet that handles well...
Thanks given by:
Bet it doesn't, but it's so full of win, if it had any more win, it'd... be... full of win!
Thanks given by:
(10-09-2013, 09:34 PM)Stephen Wrote: Haha thanks for the input, but think im going to stick with something diesel, and german Wink

well what a waste of a thread.

/yawn.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
How dare he start a thread asking for opinions and then make his own decision...
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 07:31 AM)Scott Wrote: How dare he start a thread asking for opinions and then make his own decision...

its not that...its just that was the obvious, predictable, boring choice as soon as this thread was started...

loads of interesting input and guess where we are at...a boring, expensive to repair, common choice of a german diesel.

and they say Germany lost the war! Doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I may have accidentally while drunk bid on that Cutlass... Thank f*ck it didn't make the reserve!
Thanks given by:
(11-09-2013, 07:34 AM)Piggy Wrote: its not that...its just that was the obvious, predictable, boring choice as soon as this thread was started...

loads of interesting input and guess where we are at...a boring, expensive to repair, common choice of a german diesel.

and they say Germany lost the war! Doh

This is getting really rather old.

It's up to Stephen what car he buys.

There's nothing wrong with starting a thread for ideas of cars you may not have thought of and then going with what he already had in mind.

Once again, it's your OPINION.
Thanks given by:
Exactly what curt said
Thanks mate.
I'm obviously not going to buy a car that someone else wants to buy/wants me to buy.

I wanted opinions not instructions
Thanks given by:
For your budget, you will struggle to find a good 330d sport. Likely to be the older 2.9 engine which is wank. Most of you would cream yourselves over the delivery of the later 3.0 330d, derv head or not. It really is an astonishing engine. The chasis is quite good too with some tweaks to geometry to improve handling and refreshed suspension/bushes. At 3k, you will be limited somewhat if you have particular spec in mind. Budget for atleast thermostats, bushes and steering uj. About £200 parts.

Keep in mind that a lot of the e46s are ropey now with re to bushes and suspension. A non leggy SE is comparable to a boat, and the typical sport with 100k+ mile suspension is crashy as shit! Coupled with fked front lower rear wishbone bushes makes for a very un inspiring ride full of tramlining goodness. Also, don't forget how bmws are setup with less negative camber than the rear. A quick but of 4wheel aligning can sort the handling - adjustable front and rear camber as standard! .. All 'sport' models should have had m3 suspension fitted as standard which is more suited imo.

The e46s give you massively over optimistic bullshit mpg figures on the obc. Mine hits 60mpg on a combined run. It works out to just over 50. A 320d would struggle to match that at a similar high speed pace. They are shit, comparatively. Unless you are eking out every last drop of diesel:mile doing 50mph in a nsl for e.g.... In which case, there are more economical cars on the market..

Rust.. Most will be going on the arches, bootlid, bonnet. If not visible, it will still be there but on the inside. If you find one without, snap it up and seal it. Mines a minter, well maintained as does everything well for me after a bit of fettling. Very reliable - commuted to many exams 100s of miles away on the day in complete confidence. I'd recommend one!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
saab 9-3 tid 150 . think these map to around 200 too
Thanks given by:
(12-09-2013, 08:32 PM)WILL1000 Wrote: saab 9-3 tid 150 . think these map to around 200 too

Just a worse version of a vectra with a Bodykit..
Thanks given by:
Have you thought about..... You know..... A 306?
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ok, it's a peugeot. But. Consider a 406 SE 110HDi? All the toys for a fraction of the cost, and you then have money left to fuel it, repair it and map it to 130 Tongue
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Volvo S60 T5 with a map? Sound like an Audi Quattro, 200bhp, great build quality and mint ones are that price?
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the detailed answer n0v0s! And everyone else Smile Volvo would be my second choice tbf. Parents had that 406 and didn't like it much
Thanks given by: