Dodgy GTI 6 Bottom Pully

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dodgy GTI 6 Bottom Pully
Greetings all.

Been stripping down my 6 engine. i have seen the threads about the bottom pully going out of line because the rubber wears, Timed the engine up and the bottom pully was way off, on the crank pully there is some paint marks, so i went off that. i assume that if i was to buy a new bottom pully that would resolve the problem?

Does anybody know who produces a GTI 6 workshop manual, as i only have the standard peugeot haines one.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
Hi mate, common problem for that to happen, well done catching it before you did any damage.

Lynx Power Engineering do single-piece lightweight billet pulleys for a fairly resonable price; be rude not to upgrade whilst you're at it Wink
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
excellent catch!
could of been an expensive mistake
Thanks given by:
If you look on the pulley, there is two small arrows that should line up. If they dont, your pulley is fooked. Either go for a light weight single piece one or just get a new one from ECP or similar.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(05-09-2013, 04:35 PM)Niall Wrote: If you look on the pulley, there is two small arrows that should line up. If they dont, your pulley is fooked. Either go for a light weight single piece one or just get a new one from ECP or similar.

Cheers i will check that tomorrow, i saw a warning on my autodata.

Euro car parts do one for 47+ the dreaded.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Buy a RichW one solid pulley.

Peugeot engine manual available on GTi6 owners, from here http://www.mediafire.com/?yyoztk2wdyz. Not sure if it works, i'm in the office and mediafire is banned.
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
C2K. Many thanks for the link. Just what i was looking for Angel
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Thanks given by:
Good spot! I would just change for a rich w pulley if you're changing it anyway, its lighter and wont slip either! I'd never refit a standard type if changing bottom pulleys...
[Image: New%20GTi6%20Filmstrip%20sig2_zpsu8ocrldg.jpg]
Thanks given by: