What to buy

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to buy
Saab saab class saab awesome to drive saab saab points on my license saab.

/Niall
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
lmao
Thanks given by:
Can I just point out for all the vectra fags that I dont know anyone whos driven the dead identical models of mondeo and vectra and didnt prefer the mondeo.

You all only like vectras cos youve never had a good mondeo.
Thanks given by:
My dad had a titanium mondeo lovely car, I could get a ghia x in my price range or slightly over with all the toys but slightly concerned about the injectors.
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 01:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: You all only like vectras cos youve never had a good mondeo.

Completely the flip side of it for the Mondeo bummers, everyone has a personal opinion. You stated previously I believe you drove a Vectra as a courtesy car or company car? Clearly would have been something like a 1.8 LS which yes would be dreadful - as would a 1.8 LX Mondeo.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 01:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Can I just point out for all the vectra fags that I dont know anyone whos driven the dead identical models of mondeo and vectra and didnt prefer the mondeo.

I'm not a Vectra fag - I want rid of it as soon as possible. Theres a list as long as my arm of things I don't like about it, and I certainly would've been disappointed paying £27k for one new!! However I still explained some of their positives. I was cornering at a little over 60 this morning through an NSL (I was only speeding as I needed a poo....no really!) and it just held perfect, on the same road that I lost the 306 to LOOS at much lower speed, and the same road I bumped the Golf off the kerb through understeer (yeah I'm a shit driver, I don't really care). The Vectra really is the grippiest car that I've had, even compared to the ones I lowered etc.

I didn't say I preferred it over the Mondeo though...if I could've found a 155 Titanium X (same power and spec list) at the same price when I was looking I'd have gone for that no doubt but they were all higher priced than the Vec's. However in diesel form they also have a lot of common faults, infact theres one sitting across my road now that wont idle and is coaling like mad all the time. My Dad drives a petrol V6 Ghia X.......160k miles (that's higher than any diesel Ive owned), hasn't been serviced in over 40k (since he bought it, might have been longer!) and hasn't had any engine faults at all....just shows that petrol is the way to go for reliabilty if you can afford the fuel.
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 01:56 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: Completely the flip side of it for the Mondeo bummers, everyone has a personal opinion. You stated previously I believe you drove a Vectra as a courtesy car or company car? Clearly would have been something like a 1.8 LS which yes would be dreadful - as would a 1.8 LX Mondeo.

Nope our work Vectras were 2.5 V6 TTDi so the really hot diesels and they were shocking, they'd last maybe 24 hours before needing to go off and be fixed (usually something expensive like clutch, box or turbos). Lets put it like this, they were off being fixed so often that by the time the Vectra had reached 20k the BMWs the same age had reached 200k

The direct comparison I drove was a mates 2.0 Vectra b 2.0 sporty one to my mk1 Mondeo Si 2.0
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 04:00 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: The direct comparison I drove was a mates 2.0 Vectra b 2.0 sporty one to my mk1 Mondeo Si 2.0

So you're comparing a Vectra B to a Mk1 Mondeo, both petrols...

When we're discussing a Vectra C and a Mk3 Mondeo diesels.... Tongue
Thanks given by:
They don't make a 2.5 V6 TDDI so thats certainly wrong?

If you're referring to the 3.0 V6 CDTI then they are not great, people tend to go for the 150 1.9 CDTI as the tuning options have much more potential.
Thanks given by:
(03-09-2013, 07:39 PM)Chris_90 Wrote: 306 sedan d turbo Wink

Trust me seans are Shit for bootspace. The boots big but due to the lights and closed off back seat area you can't actually fit anything in. Den wouldn't get our big pram in mine even if the boot was empty
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
(04-09-2013, 01:22 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Can I just point out for all the vectra fags that I dont know anyone whos driven the dead identical models of mondeo and vectra and didnt prefer the mondeo.

Good mondeo? Theres no such thing! They are all poorly built, cheap and not very nice to be a passenger in let alone drive! Still, at least when your bumper shatters when you go over a pot hole, you can get away with repairing it with gaffa tape and painting over it because thats the mondeo way!

(04-09-2013, 11:46 AM)Poodle Wrote: Saab saab class saab awesome to drive saab saab points on my license saab.

/Niall

6 vs HDi. Lets go?

/Ginge
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Rofl
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Flicking through threads looking for a picture
Stayed with pugs for a while and got a vectra daily now for missis to run seems tho I don't drive a car now days

My god glad I didnt get a Mondeo

Peace out
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by: