t25 rebuild

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
t25 rebuild
Ive got a t25 welded to an xud manifold. It smokes real bad and chucks oil out the exhaust. What rebuild kit do i need. Heard about 360 bearings buf not clued up on turbos any help much apprciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
For the cost of the rebuild you may be better just getting another turbo, much less hassle as well.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't recommend getting another blower, if its spluttering oil out, just buy a rebuild kit for £35 and rebuilt it yourself. Cheaper than another turbo, and you can upgrade parts to 360 thrust as you said. There is a wealth of guides on how to rebuild turbos a simple google search will find, and your blower is knakkered in its current state after all, so what you got to loose? would also recommend a staggered oil seal.

In fairness, it will only be your hotside oil seal thats blown, so you could just get away with putting a new seal in, but while its in bits might aswell do the journals/upgrade.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-T2-T25...565941ccc1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Garrett-T2-T25...4aa8ed537d

these two for a bombproof turbo, have built a few using these parts and they're still on the go on tuned xud's now.

you also have to question why it has failed, oil seal failure on hotside is down to egt's mostly, so you may have a tune thats too rich, try turning your fuel down otherwise it'll just do it again.
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The turbo was sat a while. Its the you fitted for me dave when doin gov mod. I no none of its history. But them kits are nice and cheap so thats a winner Smile fuel has been turned down for mot so barely over standard
Thanks given by:
Hmmm, surely it would be a good opportunity to get a more modern turbo. There is also a cost involved in getting the turbo rebalanced after rebuild if your doing it properly.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
Dave i have a t25 in my room that you rebuilt, bought it off silverzx (trent)
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(21-08-2013, 06:35 PM)R1CH4RD Wrote: The turbo was sat a while. Its the you fitted for me dave when doin gov mod. I no none of its history. But them kits are nice and cheap so thats a winner Smile fuel has been turned down for mot so barely over standard

Sorry bud I forgot its you, is that t25 STILL on the go?? surely you must have gone through several sumps of oil now? :p
We should have spent an hour of so rebuilding it before putting it on your motor Big Grin

Getting it balanced is no issue as long as you mark the wheels so you can put them back into their original orientation.

(21-08-2013, 07:06 PM)padge Wrote: Dave i have a t25 in my room that you rebuilt, bought it off silverzx (trent)

Is this going on your motor? I know trent gave that death everywhere and it was fine haha
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yes dave it is lol, i have faith in t25's, spesh the ones running 360 bearings and new seals Smile
[Image: Untitled-1_zpsc57da38e.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I took it off. Running a k14 for now. It wae smoking way to bad to leave on. Couldnt see out the back window all the way home. Got some very dodgy looks on the a1. Think ill get a kit on pay day Smile a lot cheaper than i expected which is always a bonus
Thanks given by: