New Daily

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Daily
S40s or V40s?

If V40 they were based upon a Mitsubishi Carisma... Which is an oxymoron in itself... S40s are OK, but they use the Ford 1.6 Zetec... In a car weighing that much it must have been fooking dire.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Don't know, some sack of shit with a massively under powered engine.
Thanks given by:
I have looked at the C30 as a next car, you cannot beat Volvos for sleepers!
Thanks given by:
Meh, Sounds like a really nice squidgemobile to get you places, I'm sure its comfy and wafty and I'd love to drive it on the motorway.

But in all seriousness, why mod it at all? You're keeping the nanstone bus for that!
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 08:43 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: But in all seriousness, why mod it at all? You're keeping the nanstone bus for that!

^ This ^
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
(05-08-2013, 09:22 PM)Norledge Wrote:
(05-08-2013, 08:43 PM)Jonny81191 Wrote: But in all seriousness, why mod it at all? You're keeping the nanstone bus for that!

^ This ^

Ive told Ruan this about 3 times already !!!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
We had one of these on loan when the laguna got written off. We drove it to the south of france and back, and the build quality is amazing. Solid.

Great cars IMO.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
In fairness I've had a drive tonight... its a perfectly average daily. Just doesnt need 'the Ruan effect'
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Always had a thing for these tbh

You'll probably see people slow down when your around, everytime I see one I scream 'OH SHIT T5' then slowdown to realize its not -_-
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Ruan, stop thinking about modding your daily and use the money to make the Nanstone epic already! It's literally CRYING out for some love and a new engine!!!!

Also, you need to come down to mine when you've cleaned it up properly and convince Mazz that she doesn't want a friggin range-rover Disco; she wants one of these!!
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
I've just bought 2 new tyres for it...

Dunlop SportMaxx SP RTs... Why do I do it to myself!!!

After actually giving it a proper hoonage last night, it's showed up JUST how numb the steering is, you don't realise how communicative the 306 is sometimes until you drive something that really doesn't have much!! It's grip is actually very impressive considering it's "only" on 205/50/17s, and I've found out if you really want it to, the back end will come out of shape and is shockingly predictable... The suspension however is so damned good for a STOCK estate, beautifully flat considering, it's a firmer ride than most "luxobarges" - but then it is branded as a "Sportwagon"... It'll be interesting to see if the new tyres give it a bit more feedback, it's on Goodyear NCT5s atm and they don't seem great, so be interesting to see.

You've just got to be aware of it when pressing on, you never quite know how much lock to feed into a corner to make to go round, you usually end up adjusting mid corner!

But considering it'll spend it's time devouring the Motorways of the UK, I'm not too arsed about that, I drove from Cornwall to Gloucester then over to Bicester yesterday, got out the other end and felt like I'd been in the car for an hour, not the 5 hours it actually took... And averaged 53mpg at 75-80 ish the whole way rinsing the shit out the cruise control - love it.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Thanks given by:
When are you getting the tyres fitted?!
Thanks given by:
NCT 5s are terrible! Had them on one of the Golf's. Didn't realise they were 'eco' tyres at the time, slippery as hell in the wet!
Thanks given by:
Eeeexcellent.

NOW KILL IT WITH BOOST!
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
yeah, map and a gt22+vnt coming soon I can see it
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
I'm leaving it STOCK - I've promised myself...

It's too nice having a genuinely comfortable, stock daily... Though one thing I've noticed is that one cylinder misses and doesn't combust properly when cold in the morning, I'm guessing dodgy injectors as it quickly clears up (5-10 seconds) and is 100% fine when running... So may get a new set, though I'm surprised at only 88k it's got a dicky injector... It's definitely only one as it starts clean as a whistle on the other cylinders and fires instantly, just got to be one cylinder causing it, you feel the car shake a little...

But then am I really bothered? Not massively, doesn't seem to cause any ill effects other than a few puffs of white when it starts from cold....
Thanks given by:
What, not even a jaunty remap?

Your issue spunds like faulty glow plug(s) as it clears up in 10secs and gives off whitish smoke. Typical. My controllers packed up so all 6 are offline - no issue. Common problem.

A dodgy injector would be more suspect with rough idle, smoke whilst driving etc. I wouldn't worry. For peace of mind, get a leak off test done. Also, im not sure how fancy a code reader you can get for these, but bms have software that shows the injector mass adjustment rates, real time. And so give good indication as to how fked an injector is. Something like that would be ideal.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
Could actually be a dodgy coolant temp sensor so its not actually getting the correct cold start enrichment.
Thanks given by:
You can get Volvo VIDA on ebay as a Chinese clone for not very much, that should give me the correction data I need...

I doubt it is glow plugs as it's not across all cylinders, it's only the one, which would indicate dodgy injectors... I know the clutch will want replacement soon enough so really cba with a remap atm, it's more money as I'm not touching SID803 with a barge pole, it's like torque base edc16 with more shit on top... And has to be BDMd - no flash over obdii....

And yeah, I'm going to do the oil and filters soon for my own peace of mind... So may bust out a leak off test then... I'm scared almost to know how bad the inlet is for egr sludge.. Its got cooled egr so dunno how bad it'll be, I'm expecting quite..
Thanks given by:
(15-08-2013, 03:17 PM)Ruan Wrote: You can get Volvo VIDA on ebay as a Chinese clone for not very much, that should give me the correction data I need...

I doubt it is glow plugs as it's not across all cylinders, it's only the one, which would indicate dodgy injectors... I know the clutch will want replacement soon enough so really cba with a remap atm, it's more money as I'm not touching SID803 with a barge pole, it's like torque base edc16 with more shit on top... And has to be BDMd - no flash over obdii....

And yeah, I'm going to do the oil and filters soon for my own peace of mind... So may bust out a leak off test then... I'm scared almost to know how bad the inlet is for egr sludge.. Its got cooled egr so dunno how bad it'll be, I'm expecting quite..

Bet it's like this lol

[Image: 563650212_o.jpg]
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
Pfft, that's still nothing on the Vectra EGR....when it'd been stuck open for no idea how long! lol

I hate EGR valves tbh, if it weren't for those buggers, swirl flaps and VNT's wouldn't fail so often!!
Thanks given by: