Boring '6/Rallye MPG question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring '6/Rallye MPG question
more shit kits . . .

http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/acatalog/Big..._Kits.html
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
So latest. Drive home Sunday and ragging it in town and motorway. 31.3mpg
Thanks given by:
41litre tank...and you can only fill it to about 33litres. thats pretty small considering how far you sometimes have to go to get LPG.
Whatever, fit a crap kit, I dont care. Just thought I would offer profesional advice regarding explosive systems
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Theres a place in Leeds doing a sale, £579 for a basic kit fitted and certified, £979 for a deluxe multi point kit. They did my mates 3.2 XJ6 and hes never even been back to them...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 12:10 PM)Piggy Wrote: Just thought I would offer "professional" advice regarding explosive systems

lol . . . .like Dum-Dum is a Pro too . . .

and i've corrected your unprofessional spelling FOC . . .Wink
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
Matt you always make me laugh...

Liam i say go for it aslong as its a long term investment!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 12:24 PM)Anton Wrote: Matt you always make me laugh...

Liam i say go for it aslong as its a long term investment!

i know i'm a twat lol . . . .but it doesn't change the fact that i'm usually right . . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:59 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 11:57 AM)Piggy Wrote: thats a TINY tank first of all, secondly, its all crap stuff. I guarantee all you will be doing is going back all the time with problems with a kit like that

41 litre tank not that tiny . . . .and why not just concede the point as you're obviously wrong Wink
Nope 41l is tiny, youll get about 35L of useable LPG from that and BIM you use more lpg than petrol per injection youll get less than half the mileage of a 6 tank from it so if you get 300 miles in a 6 youll only get 150 miles from the LPG and youll get really pissed off filling up that often. If you go for a blast, the sort of 2 hours pinned that everyone loves youll do a tank of LPG easily.

This is why I was looking at 100L tanks

(31-07-2013, 12:18 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Theres a place in Leeds doing a sale, £579 for a basic kit fitted and certified, £979 for a deluxe multi point kit. They did my mates 3.2 XJ6 and hes never even been back to them...
Dont go for a non multi point kit youll ruin the fun of a 6 and ruin your power.

Long story short if your not making more power on the LPG kit then its not a good kit (because its not mapped to suit the engine)
Thanks given by:
Just stop being a gimp and put petrol in the petrol car!
Thanks given by:
sorry Matt I didnt realise you were a certified LPG fitter.

Doh
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 01:21 PM)Just Sean Wrote: Just stop being a gimp and put petrol in the petrol car!
Why? it would make more power properly set up on LPG!
Thanks given by:
For a grand! At least! I'd rather spend that money on bodies!
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 01:30 PM)Piggy Wrote: sorry Matt I didnt realise you were a certified LPG fitter.

Doh

i'm not, but seeing some of the crap you spout i'd have a go at doing it to your standard Wink
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 02:50 PM)Just Sean Wrote: For a grand! At least! I'd rather spend that money on bodies!
A good LPG kit would run bodies and make big power and if you already have fully map able LPG you don't have to worry about another aftermarket ECU.

Also Matt/Piggy put your handbags away or ill ban-handbag* you both

*ban-handbag is Eds equivalent of a banhammer
Thanks given by:
But then, your looking at a grand for the bodies and mapping, at least. And a grand for the LPG kit at least.
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 03:15 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 02:50 PM)Just Sean Wrote: For a grand! At least! I'd rather spend that money on bodies!
A good LPG kit would run bodies and make big power and if you already have fully map able LPG you don't have to worry about another aftermarket ECU.

Also Matt/Piggy put your handbags away or ill ban-handbag* you both

*ban-handbag is Eds equivalent of a banhammer

i'm bored now anyway Chris, point is Liam said a grand fitted for a kit and has a friend who's had no problems with it, Piggy says you can't even buy the parts for that, first two links i find on Google say you can (second one has a 90l tank) . . . .so argument over chalk one up for Matt . . . .Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I was looking at the multi point kit for it to be honest, I mean whats so bad about these kits anyway? It must be ok if they give a 2 year warranty surely?
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 03:20 PM)Just Sean Wrote: But then, your looking at a grand for the bodies and mapping, at least. And a grand for the LPG kit at least.
Nope if you have a decent mapable LPG kit then you only have to pay for bodies which is from about £400.

(31-07-2013, 04:12 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: I was looking at the multi point kit for it to be honest, I mean whats so bad about these kits anyway? It must be ok if they give a 2 year warranty surely?
They give it a warranty but it'll be down on power and not give great economy (especially on a spi system). You gotta bear in mind that most people who have the kits fitted are boring old farts who drive rovers and never go past 3000rpm

The big problem is to run the LPG most systems they read the petrol injection system as to what it thinks it should inject and then just adds about 10% on the end of where the petrol injection would be. However they do nothing to adjust the ignition timing and LPG likes more advance. Its also alot more variable in the amount of fuel it would actually like to inject at a given temperature. Problems caused by this are compounded by the fact that it likes to burn hot anyway.
Thanks given by:
If I was fitting lpg to a really expensive, high powered car - I would splash out on the more expensive kits, Keihin injectors and the like. Ensuring the kit can provide enough gas for the power requirements and is mapped well.

But a 2k+ kit on a cheap 6?! The cheaper multi point kits will do fine, providing good installation. Get on an lpg forum - get proper advice from people who have experience running such kits. Diy could get it done with good components for well under a grand.
[Image: brokendown-1-1-1.jpg]

Dturbo GT2259s build thread;
http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-3692.html

Daily driver; 330d Msport (doesn't blow up!)
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 11:33 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 11:31 AM)Piggy Wrote: nope, I dont think so...unless you are saying cheap is good and its fine to throw a crap LPG system onto your pride and joy to watch it go up in flames one day?

no i'm not, like i said you're missing the point, house prices up here are 1/3 of the national average, goods and services are similarly priced . . . .Smile

This^
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 05:12 PM)n0v0s Wrote: If I was fitting lpg to a really expensive, high powered car - I would splash out on the more expensive kits, Keihin injectors and the like. Ensuring the kit can provide enough gas for the power requirements and is mapped well.

But a 2k+ kit on a cheap 6?! The cheaper multi point kits will do fine, providing good installation. Get on an lpg forum - get proper advice from people who have experience running such kits. Diy could get it done with good components for well under a grand.

This is kind of what I'm thinking, I mean obviously a 2 grand conversion will be better but is it worth it on a 306?
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 07:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: This is kind of what I'm thinking, I mean obviously a 2 grand conversion will be better but is it worth it on a 306?

No.

lol But seriously, you'd never make the money back in fuel saving, and definitely not when you come to selling it imo.
Thanks given by:
just because you can buy something cheap, doesnt mean you would surely?!

I can get brake pads for a fiver, but stuff that for a laugh.
I can get tyres for a fiver each, again, bugger that..Just coz its cheap dont mean its good
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 10:04 AM)Toms306 Wrote:
(31-07-2013, 07:01 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: This is kind of what I'm thinking, I mean obviously a 2 grand conversion will be better but is it worth it on a 306?

No.

lol But seriously, you'd never make the money back in fuel saving, and definitely not when you come to selling it imo.

Orly? At a 25 mpg average I'd spend about £250 a month in a '6, LPG would roughly half that.7-8 months and I'd have my money back Wink
Thanks given by:
You keep a car 8 months? Pfft! Tongue

I'm shocked at that figure though, that's only 1000 miles a month isn't it, not sure how my brain miscalculated that so badly. Confused

£250 a month.....still cant even believe that lol. I thought ~£100 in diesel for that sort of milage was bad tbh!

Guess I'll never own a '6 with that sort of mpg lol. Sad
Thanks given by:
(31-07-2013, 08:50 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: I'd expect 25 round town, 40 on the motorway and an average of somewhere between 28-35mpg real world depending on how you drive

i averaged 450 miles to my tank with the trips too and from pugfest

but you drive like a fanny on the motorway
Big Grin

whats the point of owning a six if your going to be scared of driving it

250 miles on my last tank = loads of smiles per miles
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 07:49 PM)cully Wrote: whats the point of owning a six if your going to be scared of driving it

250 miles on my last tank = loads of smiles per miles
This sums up my gti ownership
Which is why I sold it in the end, started worrying about my bank balance and not enjoying it
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
(01-08-2013, 06:23 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You keep a car 8 months? Pfft! Tongue

Had my DT 10 months now mate Wink

And to be fair, I still love it.
Thanks given by:
Wow, where does the time go lol!
Thanks given by:
I was promised DONATOR status!!
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club