proctas moonstone HDi,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proctas moonstone HDi,
(02-08-2017, 10:35 AM)td_dan Wrote: Lol

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

the club did give him "crash of the year award" for it, did you ever get the trophy Andy? . . . . we were looking for your address to post it Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

the club did give him "crash of the year award" for it, did you ever get the trophy Andy? . . . . we were looking for your address to post it Smile

nope still need the address!
Thanks given by:
(02-08-2017, 11:27 AM)Mattcheese31 Wrote:

Nah i wasn't interested, old news now anyway, all about the defender now!
Thanks given by:
please take it otherwise ive got to bin it and they werent cheap!
Thanks given by:
Anyway moving on, I am hoping to get some budget together and find a place to sort out the cyclones, I would love them done in that chrome finish I had when I bought the car.
Thanks given by:
Have you put bullbars on the front of the defender? Could be a sound investment. Or failing that you could just borrow somebody else's sense of humour.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
My mum is now using this now until their defender is back in action again, just as well I kept the car rather than got shot of it last year.
I did a few things with it last month, just changed the drop links, Where is the best place to buy some really good decent ones? the ones I took off where shot just after a year! I did sort out a knock, turns out the anti roll bar was a little slack on the driver side. Also we sorted out the injector hiss, replaced all four of the copper washers.
I did have plans on the wheels and a service, but with my dad cocking up I have had to put my plans on hold.
Poodle the bull bar was bought and put on the very week I bought the defender, it has had a few other things, but id have to sort out a thread of that, which I am not going to do.
Thanks given by:
Personally if i can it try to fit TRW suspension bits as they seem decent and i haven't had any issue with it, maybe a bit more expensive but worth it in my opinion. I get most of my parts from either mista auto or GSF as they usually have 50% ish off most weeks and seem to decent brands.

Heres a link to the links at mista auto http://www.mister-auto.co.uk/en/anti-rol...g3229.html
Thanks given by:
Hahah good man! As above with regards to TRW, they are OEM suppliers to a lot of marques and it shows in the quality.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I will keep TRW in mind, I for the last two months I have only had my arse in this car for 2 days! I am starting to forget what its like to drive, been that used to the defender now.
Still wanting to give her a service, and sort out those bloody wheels! I was hoping that I could have started to clean up the floors, but again with things been the way they are at the moment. I haven't even had the chance to do f*ck all with her.
Thanks given by:
Well I managed to give her a full blown oil change, As the weather was the best it was last week. It really needed it mind, We are just off a 100k now on her clock.  She is still pulling strong and all her electrics still work 100% I am hoping to try and throw some money at her this year, now that she can spend more time off the road. 
These wheels I have on really do let the car down sadly, but its the best I can do for now, until I can get the cyclones sorted out. But its all work in progress Inlove 
I did fit a new battery and a cut off battery like I had on the metro just to save the battery, due to the car now not been used that often. 
Not sure when or if there will be another update, just have to wait and see on that one. but its proof that its still alive with shite wheels on though sadly. 
[Image: CZaaTv0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well last weekend this hit a milestone, 100k! it was 58k when i bought it. The fuel pumps getting a little noisy for some reason, not sure on why. Seems to be pulling strong though still, and its been used mostly by my mum for work now, i think i have had my arse in the car only handful of times now for work.
Thanks given by:
Mine his 100k on the Friday just gone. Just broken in haha
Thanks given by:
Everything still works and the interior hasn't reflected its done the mileage or even its age. So these are built to last I think.
Thanks given by:
Brilliant Smile good to see another cared for pug
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you are still looking after this and it's still looking after you :-)
Thanks given by:
This one hasn't been remapped at all either, and when things do go wrong I do jump on it.
Thanks given by:
Renewed the insurance this week, and its gone back up to nearly 400 quid! That's what I was paying nearly 8 years ago! I had to question that one like, they gave me some shite about things, been wound up across the board, but they decided to drop the defender a little more on renewal. I would expect the defender to go up more, but not the 306!
Thanks given by:
well its been a while since I posted on here, I still have this and its going strong unlike this place by the looks of it now! Christ its really dried up now, what happened to the 306 love etc? The forum hasn't even changed at all! 

Anyway, I had to give her a brake over haul at the rear end, due to the rear flexi hoses been rotten, but I had to take it to a different MOT centre, which I will not be using again!  The advisories he gave me on this was just a pure piss take! 

I changed the brake discs and pads, the discs had seen better days and with me finally getting the car back to do the work, I managed to jump on it, took a bit longer than expected sadly. Due what should have been five min jobs, turned out to be a few weekends.  

[Image: dj1cpBZ.jpg]

That's before I replaced the discs, but you get the idea, I have also got an quote to give the bodywork a tidy up too, So I am working towards this next year, and I am going to try and push to put the original wheels back on and bin these off. Also I do have the stuff to get under the car treated and painted too.  I have something to put on the front, but it will have to wait till next year, a long with a couple of other things. 
Also I will leave this here 

[Image: j8g8l9J.jpg]

[Image: pNXuQDz.jpg]
like she was waiting for me on this special moment!!
Thanks given by:
Oh boy, those rear disks looked really crusty! I guess she'd been stood for a while. Lovely new calipers though!

Good to see you back on here btw. Yea, it's generally quiet but still get the odd flurry of activity now and again!
Thanks given by:
(16-12-2018, 09:47 AM)Mighty306 Wrote: Oh boy, those rear disks looked really crusty! I guess she'd been stood for a while. Lovely new calipers though!

Good to see you back on here btw. Yea, it's generally quiet but still get the odd flurry of activity now and again!

They have been on the car for a few years now, I normally change my brakes every two years. But with my dads defender been out of action, I couldn't do what I wanted to do to this last year. my mum was using this for the best part of last year, Also it doesn't really do the mileage as it did, with it been retired as a daily car. Its gone as a second car now.  
I only pop on now and again to see what is going on, but from the look of it, nothings even changed since I have been away.  its gone very quiet like dot net did.
Thanks given by:
Well its been 2 years since i have posted on here, and visited! Looks like most of my 306 buddies are long gone now sadly, looking at how long ago some people logged on here last. Anyway i thought i would update on this, i still got her, she failed two Mots, one last year, on the rear brake discs, One of the rears had cracked! looks like i had been sold a bad set, I had only did 1k miles on them. This year the rear beam had gave up, so a big thanks to stef on here, making me a full replacement one up, So me and my mate got that swopped over and she flew through the mot again, i had to change the pads, one had dropped to pieces, so iam starting to really think, was i sold a bad set of discs and pads. My mam again has been running around in her, more times than i have! But for the fun part i got busted speeding in this, so i have to do the speed aware course! Two fast metros i have owned and i get done with the 306, 35 in a 30 going down hill. you got to laugh! I have also started to buy replacement bits for this, things are looking a little rough now. I am hoping to spend some money on getting her bodywork tided up and looking nice again, and the cyclones back on her. Sort of a mini restore.
Thanks given by:
Only 2 years? Seems like it was yesterday ?

The best of us have completed a speed awareness course ....infinitely preferable to points!
Thanks given by:
(04-08-2017, 12:47 PM)Poodle Wrote: Have you put bullbars on the front of the defender? Could be a sound investment. Or failing that you could just borrow somebody else's sense of humour.

oh man. im 3 years late to this joke. very good!

Sucks about the MOT but glad it made it through in the end. There are still people around but the facebook group is more active than here.
Thanks given by:
en a while again since i was on here, and it looks like everyone i knew is long gone now.  Such a shame.. 
Just for the record for the thread,  i have slowly started to tidy this up again, 

The badge that was painted many moons ago, i had to replace, as it was stone chipped to hell, with a new replacement unit,  
[Image: WfW3t2M.jpg]

new one installed,
[Image: g20FQgr.jpg]

I am trying to get the car in for a rear quarter and rear bumper tidy up, as those are shockingly bad now, with rust and paint peal.  The paint job that was done a few years ago, has started to fail now.  Might be knocking on 10 years ago since it was done.   But thing i will have to put another rear bumper on it, that's if i can find one new.  Funny how i posted a thread many moons ago about cars you don't see anymore, and guess what these are now one of them.  Funny isnt it how 7 years down the line things change.  Anyway MOT update, it went through again with only the hand brake needed adjusting, that's it.  I am looking at putting a new timing belt and water pump on it, as i think its getting close for that to be done, years wise.  Plus the car is starting to use water now, also i am still trying to get the original wheels back on the car too, but at this moment, my mam is using this again. Till god knows when, as my dads defender is off the road, due to a few repairs needed.

(22-12-2020, 09:57 AM)Eeyore Wrote:
(04-08-2017, 12:47 PM)Poodle Wrote: Have you put bullbars on the front of the defender? Could be a sound investment. Or failing that you could just borrow somebody else's sense of humour.

oh man. im 3 years late to this joke. very good!

Sucks about the MOT but glad it made it through in the end. There are still people around but the facebook group is more active than here.

Joke??? i did put a bull bar on the defender, it was one of the 1st things i did.  It cannot be that active, looking at it, the one i am a moderator one, seems to be a lot more active.  I do try and push people on here for the info, just so that the forum is still been used.
Thanks given by: