proctas moonstone HDi,

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
proctas moonstone HDi,
shes my second 306 i have owned, had her for 5 years now and i have just paid her off!  Big Grin so iam debt free!!
1st of all shes on about 76k or somert.
had her both belts and water pump changed, also shes had her crank pulley replaced with a soild faced one. also before xmas her fuel pump packed up on her leaving her off the road for a few days sadly just after i filled her up with derv.
photo of her when i got her.
[Image: Picture006.jpg]
then some rent boy decided to think it was funny and key her rear quater panel :evil: also my jack failed dropping the car onto the wheel smashing the side skirt in. the my mate slipping over on ice in our car park and crashing the trolley into the front bumper. not his fault as work was too tight to salt the car park :evil: so with all her battle scars she looked a right reck Sad
so i pulled the plug on the metro project for a few months and did some right old over time over xmas. i sorced a new side skirt and bought a gti 6 splitter for her.
ready for her to go in for her repair. 400 quid later and she was as i bought her again Big Grin
pictures of damage
[Image: 013.jpg]
rear bumper needed repainting
[Image: 014.jpg]
damaged front end
[Image: 009.jpg]
then after
[Image: 002.jpg]
[Image: 003.jpg]
[Image: 007.jpg]
my gti6 splitter
[Image: 005.jpg]
last year i then treated her to a nice K&N filter for her loyal service, she failed her test on the cat blowing so my tester said get a decat for it. he swopped the ends over for me and she was thru her test with in minutes Smile turbo spools nice and loud and nice and responcive.
when i was out doing my scrappy raids for the metro and i came a cross a fifth cyclone, the scrappy said £15 to you. charged another fella £75 quid for an alloy. my mum bought me a spare wheel bag to keep the wheel clean.
i did a mod with my rover metro, a second fog light, i then thought why not put on the 306, so out came my donor cars bulbs and one was sorced.
also i got hold of gti boot trim. but want to get a new one as this ones f*cked sadly.  
so what are the plans, well this year its disc and pad upgrade and a start for pushing for power.
but tax and test 1st.
Thanks given by:
Love that last picture, actually pointing to the splitter lol

Good to see her getting some love though man, looks tidy again now! Smile
Thanks given by:
Looks very tidy and a great starting point for modifying!
[Image: Foxy2.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i think the 1st thing will be the wheels, they are in bad need of a referb.
Thanks given by:
been researching for discs and pads upgrades. iam going to go with yellow stuff pads with brembo max discs all round i think. but it will have to wait as i scuffed the front bumper getting out of very tight space where my dad parked my car. we will see about getting sorted before the mot as thats due in a matter of weeks if that. plus she needs another service too. i mite do that when i get her new brake setup.
i had a play around again with back box, trying to get that bugger to reline up. i was sweering like rab c nesbitt trying to get the thing sorted. better than it was. f*ck knows what gentoo were thinking as they were clearing a house two doors up from me.
Thanks given by:
Shame about the bumper! My mot is due Friday!
Thanks given by:
Playing with the right car now fella Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Shame about the bumper! My mot is due Friday!

i was well pissed still boiling about it now, as thats gonna be £100 quid or so that could have gone on the pads. iam going to looking the car over again for my mot.
i might change the wipers again, as a mot precaution. oh aye i need to sort me rear washer jet as its blocked. forgot about that one.
Thanks given by:
devils_fuel Wrote:Playing with the right car now fella Wink

yeah times come now pal, as the car is paid for and the sleeper project is practically near the end. not sure on what to do with the HDI. i have done sleeper.
Thanks given by:
Go euro! Ye I have a few bits to set for mine! Luckily I have a week off!
Thanks given by:
went down to get the car booked for the bumper to be sorted, sadly i will have to wait till back end of march, so i have pushed the forward on the brakes upgrade,
turbo grove discs all round
yellow stuff all round
just over 300 quid delivered
Thanks given by:
yesterday me and my dad fitted these all round
[Image: 001-6.jpg]
[Image: 006-5.jpg]
next up will be mot then droplinks and either anti role bar, then suspention
Thanks given by:
Metal Drop links bud £12 a pair on the bay, much better.

Perfect starter for a project though mate , go for a oem modded Smile

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yellow stuff bit OTT? I love them discs just for what they look like. Mine are just silver now Sad
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Neil Wrote:Yellow stuff bit OTT? I love them discs just for what they look like. Mine are just silver now Sad
yellow stuff is the new green stuff now, i just need to bed them in Smile if the setup works i will copy it over to the rover.
puglove Wrote:Metal Drop links bud £12 a pair on the bay, much better.

Perfect starter for a project though mate , go for a oem modded Smile
i was thinking on getting adjustables ones, i will check out the metal droplinks too.
as for modded oem my rover is just like that. so yeah its time for a oem derv sleeper. :twisted:
best of both worlds :twisted:
Thanks given by:
An fair enough. I had greenstuff and ebc discs on my Saab and that thing pulled your face off when you stopped with them on! Loved them. Did get greenstuff with my discs and calipers but they had had it so on cheapy halfords pads for now until I can afford new discs and pads all round.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Don't get the metal drop links, the bend rather then flex!
Thanks given by:
Or bend then snap like mine did haha
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
i was thinking on getting rose jointed ones
Thanks given by:
Rose jointed are win!
Thanks given by:
I always like the look of drilled and groved but wouldnt dobit on a road car? I hear they have a tendancy to crack between the drilled holes
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
And they create stupid amounts of brake dust!
Thanks given by:
these are not drilled right the way thru as i read ones like that crack,
where can i get the rose jointed droplinks?
Thanks given by:
Didn't ripthrough make some?
Thanks given by:
Foxy-jim Wrote:Didn't ripthrough make some?
not sure,
Thanks given by:
Pm him!
Thanks given by:
yeah ripp made some rose jointed drop links, dont think he makes them any more though just because they take too much to make them iirc, worth a pm or they may even be good 2nd hand
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i will give the lad a pm, see if he would do one more batch up. tomorrow i will see when the best time is to get her booked in for mot. busy weekend this one as a our stock takes been pushed forward.
Thanks given by:
pmd him so waiting on a reply,
Thanks given by:
Can't link on my phone but 280835578839 stick that number on eBay Smile
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by: