Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dum-Dums VNT 2.1TD OEM+ Bianca Estate. (loads of pics and video now added)
So todays shinys from the post. Just waiting on my flanges through the post and a call from Peugeot to pick up some bits.

My K&N filter
[attachment=17937]
[attachment=17938]

Another 3" V-band clamp to join the down pipe to the main system to make it easier to remove.
[attachment=17939]

Oh and got myself another fuel filter
[attachment=17940]
Thanks given by:
whats the specs on that fuel filter bud??

nice K&N by the way Smile ThumbsUp cost much?! Undecided
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(23-07-2014, 07:13 PM)Piggy Wrote: whats the specs on that fuel filter bud??

nice K&N by the way Smile ThumbsUp cost much?! Undecided

Fuel filter is a cheap one and not very large but its taken 2 months for the last one to start clogging so it'll do me. its 3/8" in/out

The K&N was £45ish and is kinda temporary as I'd love one of the dustbin sized ones everyone has but need to work out space once the turbo is mounted. This one is relatively small but has the long tube so I know it'll fit past that stupid merc turbo outlet.
Thanks given by:
So the turbo flanges turned up the other day which will be finished with bolt holes soon. Sadly the turbo is not going to be fitted this week now.
[attachment=17983]

And the reason for not fitting the turbo is these.
[attachment=17984]
[attachment=17985]

2 lovely rust patches on my nearside rear arch, the pictures are after I'd prodded all the loose rust out with a screwdriver as they hadn't actually gone through before that. I had been taking bits off that side to fit my battery box which is going half in the storage cubby at the back of the boot as its nice and out the way then to keep practicality. Fortunately I now have a welder and some spare steel sheet to knock up a decent plate for this and get it repaired.
Thanks given by:
oww that is getting to be a familiar sight on these now
Thanks given by:
Yeah, thought I'd got away with it not having felt any holes when I did the waxoyl but I guess thats been coming for years. It appears its got through a crack or a hole in the underseal so you cant feel it happening from the outside.

On the upside one of them is a simple flat patch however the other one is on a f*cking compound curve so I'm contemplating how best to patch it or if I should do 2 patches joined together on it. Wish I'd looked yesterday and cut the bit out of poodles scrap shell as that was rust free.
Thanks given by:
Have fun welding that!!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
LOL, I'm sure I will, power turned down, nice and steady and hope.
Thanks given by:
Cut out till you find decent metal. Get a earth point as close as possible...tack a nut/bolt onto plate if needs be ThumbsUp
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Boost first rust later Wink

Wait does that mean the funnel sivve filter is being replaced? Top Bodge

Shame about the arch not too bad repaired alot worse
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 09:28 PM)Piggy Wrote: Cut out till you find decent metal. Get a earth point as close as possible...tack a nut/bolt onto plate if needs be ThumbsUp
Yeah, thats gonna be the hard bit, only have a 9" grinder or shit tin snips, hopefully the wire brush will clean the edges nicely.

Gonna use seatbelt mounts as earth points as they are in good thick metal with a nice tight thread.

(27-07-2014, 09:36 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Boost first rust later Wink

Wait does that mean the funnel sivve filter is being replaced? Top Bodge

I wish I could but I need to relocate the battery before I boost and need to fix the rust before I relocate the battery. TBF for 250k that arch isn't bad at all, I've seen 100k shells 10x worse

Yeah the sieve is being replaced and may be up for sale if anyone is desperate enough.
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 09:36 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: Boost first rust later Wink

Like this Danny?

[Image: pa3yjepy.jpg]

Yeah f*ck the metal Chris, go light weight and feel the boost Wink
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
God I hope whatever repair I do is better than that LOL
Thanks given by:
(27-07-2014, 10:47 PM)devils_fuel Wrote: [quote='Danny2009' pid='457296' dateline='1406496970']

[Image: pa3yjepy.jpg]

NAILED IT!!! lol
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Selection of grinders here you can borrow if you want DumDum from 4" to 14", flap discs as well.
Have more 4"grinders than I need so if you make it over here I have one you can keep mate.
I have the same 9" Makita as you and it ain't the most gentle and forgiving tool, in fact its a torque spewing beast.
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2014, 04:57 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Selection of grinders here you can borrow if you want DumDum from 4" to 14", flap discs as well.
Have more 4"grinders than I need so if you make it over here I have one you can keep mate.
I have the same 9" Makita as you and it ain't the most gentle and forgiving tool, in fact its a torque spewing beast.

Is that the Ley Hill just outside Chesham cos if so I may take you up in the offer of the 4" grinder as I still have a few spare 4" discs.

The Makita is a monster, the torque tries to rip it out your hands but with a diamond blade it destroys EVERYTHING.
Thanks given by:
EXCITED! my last few bits have turned up at peugeot so I can actually crack on. Just need to drag myself over there and pick them up.
Thanks given by:
Yes it is the Ley Hill just outside chesham.
As said in P.M, if you need it anytime soon it's sat in the shed doing nothing and you are welcome to take it bud.
Thanks given by:
get some seam sealer when you have repaired it too, and do both inside and out, then stone chip the bastard, and paint inside. don't f*ck on with hammerite as its just shite,
Thanks given by:
C'mon bud....my VNT be running this sunday. Lets get there together yeah Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 06:13 PM)Danny Wideboy Wrote: Yes it is the Ley Hill just outside chesham.
As said in P.M, if you need it anytime soon it's sat in the shed doing nothing and you are welcome to take it bud.
Cool, I'll catch you some time soon.

(29-07-2014, 08:28 PM)procta Wrote: get some seam sealer when you have repaired it too, and do both inside and out, then stone chip the bastard, and paint inside. don't f*ck on with hammerite as its just shite,
Yeah Inside I hammerited, then covered it in sealant then hammerited it again. Outside is gonna get doused in waxoyl.

(29-07-2014, 08:33 PM)Piggy Wrote: C'mon bud....my VNT be running this sunday. Lets get there together yeah Smile
I got off the course at work so I have been on the car today and have 3 more days to play with it. Might have the turbo running for friday but its alot of work. Update shortly.
Thanks given by:
Good luck getting it sorted mate! I need to start taking time of work to do the car. Its getting me down not being able to fix it!
Thanks given by:
Sooooooo, picked up the bits from peugeot. 2l of genuine gearbox oil, 5l of engine oil, manifold gasket, breather pipe to replace my leaking one, manifold nuts and a full pack of sump washers.
[attachment=18020]

Got my battery terminals on the new wiring, it was a tight fit to get 35mm2 wire into them but its done now, just need to run them and crimp ends on which will be a pain in the arse without the right crimps but I'm hopefully gonna do it with the vice.
[attachment=18021]

Got the start of the downpipe welded up and added my air filter and well its quite a length when it's all together.
[attachment=18022]

So decided it was time to fit it in the bay. Still haven't quite worked out how I'm going to make a mount up as theres not alot of good spare bolt holes in the engine bay but I'm sure I'll work it out.
[attachment=18023]
[attachment=18024]
[attachment=18025]

Finished the day by getting the car on stands with the wheels and hub nuts off and engine and gear oil drained out. Tomorrow I'm going to take both the shafts out (need to replace one anyway, and the other runs through the lower mount that is getting a red powerflex. Having both shafts out improves access to the turbo and manifold as well so once those are out I just need to make the manifold plate as I already have the turbo one and crack on with welding up the link pipe and mounts.

If that all gets done tomorrow I'll be surprised but its nice to have an aim.
Thanks given by:
Are you driving it yet!
Thanks given by:
(29-07-2014, 11:16 PM)Sian Wrote: Are you driving it yet!

Why, do you want me to pop down and see you?
Thanks given by:
Dum dum This work is very good, now to hope that everything goes well.
As goes with arduino, arduino will mount to control the vnt?
Thanks given by:
Ace mate. Keep it up
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(30-07-2014, 12:18 AM)akuma406 Wrote: Dum dum This work is very good, now to hope that everything goes well.
As goes with arduino, arduino will mount to control the vnt?
I wont be using arduino. I have fitted the turbo with a boost actuator that will push the vanes open when the turbo comes on boost.

(30-07-2014, 06:30 AM)Piggy Wrote: Ace mate. Keep it up
Cheers mate.
Thanks given by:
Surely you want the vanes to shut once it comes on boost??
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
It's all about when the vanes open, a VNT comes on song Wink
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stage1 to 3? Because stage2 is for pussies..now with pics for added goodness toseland 49 30,478 31-10-2016, 11:00 AM
Last Post: toseland
Heart Dum-Dums Bianca GTi6 Dum-Dum 516 352,751 30-08-2014, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Dum-Dum
  The 2.1TD Bianca Sedan - Dum-Dums Project Cheap Dum-Dum 330 156,126 21-01-2013, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Dum-Dum