Electrical Woes!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical Woes!!!
My HDi Meridian has stopped locking its driver's door on the remote fob. It tries to lock the other doors but the locks just pop back up when the driver's doesn't lock. The central locking works fine on the key. Took it to an auto electrician who told me to buy a new central locking motor - somehow I don't believe this to be correct as the central locking is working fine.

He did check for snapped wires going into the door etc. but that was the extent of his diagnostics. Anyone got any ideas?

Also my rear wiper is completely kaput. For weeks before it gave up the ghost it was making a strange buzzing sound and doing nothing before bursting into life. Again, the auto electrician told me to change the wiper motor but I want to be sure before wasting money.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry, wrong section, I will repost.
Thanks given by:
Moved to the correct section Smile
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
I got the central locking working in the end. I put anther door piller loom in. So that sorted out afew things. The central locking still wouldn't work. So I got anther motor connected it to the loom connector and it worked fine.

You could lock the doors on the driver side only manual with the key due to that motor not working. But could open and close the others once the driver door was locked using the remote. But the driver side wouldn't with the remote due to the motor.

So now I've fitted a new motor on the car its working great now.

My rear back wiper motor would work sometimes like the front one as well. Then they both packed in after so changed the motor on the front fixed that. I left the back one blank but the motor had gone also as well.
Thanks given by:
How far did he go to check for snapped wires?! I've had to really cut back into the rubber connector before now to check for breaks right at the edge!

Aside from that it could be a dodgy motor.
I Black mask Crystal headlights, check out my Thread
Black mask Service
Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
Well I got a motor that I can swap in.

I got the door card off and the plastic adhesive sheeting that covers the lock. Now all I need to know is...how on earth do you get the motor out? [/b]

Please bear in mind I'm an absolute dummy and just sort of fumbling my way through this, so apologies!
Thanks given by:
If they are riveted in; you'll need to drill the old ones out.
You can replace them with bolts as long as they are short enough to clear the motor and window when opening!
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
What needs to be disconnected before removal? Access is somewhat limited shall we say!
Thanks given by:
Just disconnect the motor if you've removed everything else.

Remember to remove the glass first!! It sits on 1 clip i think?? Wind it down halfway and you should be able to access better
Black mask Service
Thanks given by:
(17-07-2013, 11:28 PM)Welshy_Pete Wrote: I got the central locking working in the end. I put anther door piller loom in. So that sorted out afew things. The central locking still wouldn't work. So I got anther motor connected it to the loom connector and it worked fine.

You could lock the doors on the driver side only manual with the key due to that motor not working. But could open and close the others once the driver door was locked using the remote. But the driver side wouldn't with the remote due to the motor.

So now I've fitted a new motor on the car its working great now.

My rear back wiper motor would work sometimes like the front one as well. Then they both packed in after so changed the motor on the front fixed that. I left the back one blank but the motor had gone also as well.

The way I removed the door motor was to disconnect the wiring connector off. Then unscrew the 3 torx on the outside of the door near the door catch. There maybe a plastic black cover to take of as well before you can get to the motor. Take of the door pin lock latch which you unlock the door and lock with by hand.

This is were is gets hard there not much room inside. I had to twist the motor side ways to get it out and of the key lock latch holding it on place. Once the motor loose you need to disconnect the rest of the metal latches off.

I managed to do it all but getting it back on the top metal latch was the hardest to get back in place to clip in properly.
Thanks given by:
just plug the spare motor with it dangling in the air before going to all the effort of swapping it out to find that your loom is broken.
Thanks given by:
Good thinking, thanks!!!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 08:32 AM)DarkInferno Wrote: just plug the spare motor with it dangling in the air before going to all the effort of swapping it out to find that your loom is broken.

That's what I said on my post I plugged the motor in to the loom lol.
Thanks given by:
Oops, sorry!
Thanks given by:
(19-07-2013, 11:50 AM)PugLover1984 Wrote: Oops, sorry!

No problem haha.

Try the motor in the loom. The hardest part getting the motor in and out not a lot of room.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Electrical woes bashbarnard 13 2,918 06-06-2017, 11:16 AM
Last Post: bashbarnard
  Electrical help!!! Pompey306mark 7 1,965 16-08-2014, 04:47 PM
Last Post: Pompey306mark
Rainbow I got a electrical problem tomosy10 9 2,404 19-03-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Razorback_Rob