Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rd's bagged HDI - new boot build
(07-02-2015, 03:00 AM)Pete Wrote: Brilliantly daft wheels, qudos for being different.

Thanks bud Smile

(07-02-2015, 08:54 AM)Toms306 Wrote: I like them now they've painted, ashamed to admit it really haha. lol

Oh tom I dont believe it! Miracles do happen lol Smile
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yeah maybe I'm having a midlife crisis lol.
Thanks given by:
Steelies back on painted new colour, tidys it up a bit for a while. Also fitted new gaz front air struts hopefully improve the ride quality

[attachment=21744]
Thanks given by:
Full car picture now the steels have been repainted. Dropped the front an extra 5-10mm and still more to go Smile 

Now to redo the boot build for show season 

[attachment=21755]
Thanks given by:
That is low....

I can't see how you can get it lower on the front

What happened to the red wheels? I thought it looked alright.
Thanks given by:
(07-02-2015, 03:00 AM)Pete Wrote: Brilliantly daft wheels, qudos for being different.

Yep agreed, I think it was more the colour being wrong than the wheels themselves. Paint them in some obscene flip paint or lilac or maybe some lurid fluro colour, Maybe have them all different colours, pastel pink, lilac, yellow and green maybe and i reckon they will make the car.
Thanks given by:
(23-02-2015, 04:32 PM)mr_fish Wrote: That is low....

I can't see how you can get it lower on the front

What happened to the red wheels? I thought it looked alright.

Got sick of the red wheels tbh they are now sold.

Well I can adjust the setup slightly for more lows, much greater comfort with double bellows and gaz shocks though which is good.

Now to decide what colour to paint the car
Thanks given by:
Dare I say it....Think this would look better with cyclones...ninja The steels aren't that bad but just something more aesthetically pleasing personally, hopefully see you about when the better weather's here and I get this passat sorted! 
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 01:01 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Dare I say it....Think this would look better with cyclones...ninja The steels aren't that bad but just something more aesthetically pleasing personally, hopefully see you about when the better weather's here and I get this passat sorted! 

You may be right, been tempted to get a set to try. But too oem for me I think.

The weather doesnt look like changing anytime soon lol
Thanks given by:
Looking epic mate

Needs more colour coding Smile
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 07:34 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looking epic mate

Thanks mate Smile you mean more of the wheel colour? See im considering painting / wrapping the car so its maybe subject to change anyway
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 08:36 PM)rd070707 Wrote:
(24-02-2015, 07:34 PM)7057sam Wrote: Looking epic mate

Thanks mate Smile you mean more of the wheel colour? See im considering painting / wrapping the car so its maybe subject to change anyway

Paint it, dont wrap it! I wrapped mine and you will never be truly happy with a wrap, ended up taking it all off after a few months and respraying
Thanks given by:
(24-02-2015, 06:26 PM)rd070707 Wrote:
(24-02-2015, 01:01 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Dare I say it....Think this would look better with cyclones...ninja The steels aren't that bad but just something more aesthetically pleasing personally, hopefully see you about when the better weather's here and I get this passat sorted! 

You may be right, been tempted to get a set to try. But too oem for me I think.

The weather doesnt look like changing anytime soon lol

I'd try a set on to see, wouldn't hurt. 
Naw definitely doesn't lol hopefully does just as I get mine sorted Tongue
Thanks given by:
Quick update the new wheels are finally on, staggered borbet A 7.5j and 9j.

Came in pretty poor condition so polished the lips up myself and painted the centres Smile

[attachment=22561]

[attachment=22562]

next on the list is to re-do the air boot build with something more special
Thanks given by:
Slightly better picture

[attachment=22584]
Thanks given by:
(09-04-2015, 09:45 AM)rd070707 Wrote: Slightly better picture

WOW that is effing LOW!

How do you get about? Do you live on the flats of the land? Do you have spare sumps? It looks awesome though! Big Grin very very sexy Wink
Thanks given by:
its on air ride bud I can only roll in a straight line like that lol. As long as its an extremely flat road that is
Thanks given by:
So you lift it for daily use and speed bumps Big Grin There's barely enough room for a rizla on that rear arch lol you thought of flaring/ rolling the arches a lil bit... I guess that might spoil the look though :/ still very nice looking Big Grin

Or.... Dimma Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Gotta be honest I preferred the bright green steels.
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 09:46 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Gotta be honest I preferred the bright green steels.

Massively agree.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, as awesome as this is, it's lost a lot of it's individuality. Borbet's have been done to death since dinosaurs roamed lol
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
I prefer the shiny rimmed ones to the green ones, so it's all personal preference really. Being honest I don't like that height over them though, I know it's only show height so probably look better (imo) at road height. Smile
Thanks given by:
I like it in booth form as somthing people haven't done to many 306's

Great work,keep it up : )
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 09:46 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Gotta be honest I preferred the bright green steels.

Uck yeah gotta say the steels were great but just simply got bored of them and needed a change. Borbets are pretty common I know and to be honest they arent what I set out to buy but wheels in the right width offset are hard to come by and I couldnt stand the car sitting not moving any longer.

We will see what comes up for sale over the next while I may change again. On the look out for some clones at the minute though to keep the borbets good
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 10:48 AM)7057sam Wrote: I like it in booth form as somthing people haven't done to many 306's

Great work,keep it up : )

Thanks bud Smile

(11-04-2015, 10:15 AM)Jonny81191 Wrote: Yeah, as awesome as this is, it's lost a lot of it's individuality. Borbet's have been done to death since dinosaurs roamed lol

Yeah I cant disagree with you lol, I just wanted polished rims and found it hard to find anything special that will fit right. Plus I polished them up so may have increased there value a bit
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2015, 09:48 AM)JJ0063 Wrote:

Massively agree.

Me three
Thanks given by:
Another years MOT on the old girl, first time its been through with the air suspension so its good they are happy with the work

Had comtemplated taking this back to standard and selling up but I cant do it, so still considering painting it, any nice ideas on colour?

[attachment=23199]
Thanks given by:
Mint green.

[Image: philadelphiaautomotivephotographer-3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah always thought of that colour JJ. If I do go full paint though id be sorely tempted to convert to phase 1 on the way
Thanks given by:
colour i was going to do mine and from that car that wanted me to do it years ago but last year it was common as hence why i changed my mind. plus theres a 306 i think from hungry in that colour
Thanks given by: