Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mark's smoothed 306 with added extras.
So had my MOT this week. Another years happy motoring.
Thanks given by:
Ah the joys. Just spent £179.

One new tyre as one of mine was an advisory on the MOT.

New front discs and some new pads.

Going back to Mintex 1144. The 1155 are good and work well from cold, but not much difference to the 1144 for the difference in price.

Looking at getting the bonnet re wrapped in blue.
Thanks given by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSw78g0K...ata_player
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Again :/

Needs better brackets for the boost pipes.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
It's fixed now, sounds much better.

Last time it was number 3 injector line. This time it was number 4, diesel covered the engine bay, and the back of the car was oily as hell.

Ps. Phil your engine bay is filthy compared to mine, and it was so much easier changing mine. Will find another line and come put yours back together soon.
Thanks given by:
Power steering pump has gone bad Smile.
Thanks given by:
All downhill now you've got a job and driving it again... lol.
[Image: KrisB-new-Logo11.gif]
Thanks given by:
At least the problems waited til I had a job, otherwise it would have been even worse.

Ruins my no spending on stuff to build up my money reserves though.

New tyre arrived today and brake pads and disc's should be here tomorrow/Saturday.
Thanks given by:
New discs have arrived.

Just waiting on my pads, and a working car.

[Image: E24FAE75-FC84-4890-A6A7-B254FD40EAF0-706...165381.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yea back on the road.

Brakes and tyres sorted in the next few weeks.
Thanks given by:
(05-01-2013, 06:34 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: Yea back on the road.

Brakes and tyres sorted in the next few weeks.

What discs you get?
Thanks given by:
Mtec disc's.

Have used them before with standard pads. They worked well and stood up to a lot of punishment.
Thanks given by:
What tyres do you use bud, just out of interest?
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Pirelli P zero Nero.
Thanks given by:
looking nice bud Smile
Thanks given by:
Thanks.

Finally my Mintex 1144 pads have turned up, ordered at the same time as my tyres from camskill. Guess there was a delay in dispatch or they had to order them in.

[Image: 567D7B5A-5E18-4017-BB8E-5E609A2BFBCB-231...FE65CA.jpg]
Thanks given by:
looking good dude what turbo you got on this?
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
T25 iirc
Thanks given by:
Correct.

Really should see what the actual size of it is, but don't think I got any good pics before I fitted it.

Phil, going to scrap yard Saturday if I get the injector I will pop up and put your car right.
Thanks given by:
ahh fair one Smile
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Yayyyy!!! :-)
Thanks given by:
Hopefully there will be a 306 there I can use.
Thanks given by:
New brakes are on, had to use slightly bigger spacers as the 6 discs sit closer to the alloy that the hi spec brakes.

But all fits just.

More issue with the car last week roof is leaking somewhere and letting water in over night. Roof liner get a bit wet but the water on Thursday night ran down the pillar and into the electrics luckily only took out the indicator.

Think I might be close to killing my second engine after just a year and 6 months. Clutch slips when accelerating in gears 3,4 & 5. Never really noticed it before as I have got into the habit of accelerating by controlling the throttle.
But if you just flood it, then it slips. Also noticed over Xmas and even now the coolant temp has been all over the place, only going up to 90 and back down again but it's still a worry.

I have dumdum space engine from the sedan but that had coolant pressure issues. Think it's time for better head stud, but I would like forged internals Smile
Thanks given by:
cant believe ive only just got round to reading this thread, real nice looking car. i like Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Really Nice car, I think when I get bits together to go Front mounted I will get Kris to fit it and bring my detailing kit down and give your car a showroom finish, ;-)
Thanks given by:
That will be cool, bit hard though as mine is vinyl, but you can still clean and polish it a bit.
Thanks given by:
Hi,very nice car and nice preparation !
Good luck for your project .
Thanks given by:
It's basically finished. Lol.

Now it just leaks from the roof, uses water and oil, rattles, vibrates and is just a bitch.

Won't be long til it's gone to the scrap yard in the sky if all goes well next month with my job.
Thanks given by:
So car has been making some bad sounds this week. Took it to Kris yesterday as I thought it could have been the alternator, turns out seized tensioner.

So that came off, then replaced for a new one, then oil change, then off to Birmingham, then Ace then centre london then home 420miles in total.

Coolant system is still pressurizing, but its not really affecting the temp of the car. Yesterday rad warning light came on in traffic on the way to biringham, but then went out once we got moving, topped up the system once we had left brum.

Then was fine until we arrived in Portsmouth, it did get over 90 twice on the way home, but I was flooring it both times, let off a bit and cooled back down to 80.

Just re bled the system, which will last all of about a week.

Comment below for info on coolant issue, if not please go to new thread.

http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-11072.html
Thanks given by:
ok so the temp issue has been really annoying me the past few weeks, its like i was topping up the coolant and re bleeding it on a weekly basis.

So last thursday I emptied the whole coolant system, and re filled it with new coolant and water, last time we did this at Kris's it did not help.
But so far there has been no crazy change in temps like before and low coolant light either. I doubt it is fixed but it seems to have done something.

I would like to change the head gasket and get some uprated head studs, but a bit unsure where to start. I remember hearing about other peugeot ARP head stud with custom spacers.
I would like to have some reliability before swapping into over to the new shell. So I can have a bit of peace of mind until I find a new job and then look into swapping the conrods and a new turbo.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Marky Mark's Astor 6 mackat 106 30,261 05-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Last Post: mackat
Wink Mark's White Phase 1 XUD Project MarkHam 13 4,814 11-03-2015, 02:10 PM
Last Post: anto