Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
none of the attachments work for me...
Thanks given by:
Yeah 2 months and no update, suspicious.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, update, that, erm....

Firstly, sorry about the pictures, you'll want to give Fooby some shit about his broken forum on that score. Wink

So, the car; i fitted the looms, got the electricals working, washed it and tidied a few bits. Booked her in for MOT and got going nice and early in case of problems, Jonny was riding shotgun and Fooby tailed me in his 6. The HDi drove well, balancing seems to have resulted in very little cabin vibration despite the solid mounts, steering wasn't as horrifically heavy as I was expecting and the helix paddle clutch was actually really smooth. Stopped after a mile to put some fresh fuel in, only for Jonny to point out it was dripping oil, at quite some rate too... I immediately called off the MOT and drove it to my house, where it was abandoned until after work that day.

On closer inspection it seemed to be pissing oil out from behind the flywheel, the one place where I'll have to take the whole sodding lot apart again to get it fixed. Censored  As such, and due to a whole load of other things now pressing on my time, it has sat on my driveway untouched, dripping and disgraced. In the meantime, I've been sorting out all the other bits and pieces life presents and I'd been doggedly ignoring in the hope of finishing the car soon. On the bright side this means i now have a fiancée (thank you), many holiday photos, some new customers, a new engine bench in the workshop and a much healthier 205 and 106. In the not-to-distant future i expect to also have a mortgage, qualification and fully functioning boxer van.

However, fret not for it has not been totally forsaken! The many other things that needed doing are now mostly done and work will resume shortly, give me another month or so and i hope to have something a bit more interesting to share. Big Grin
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Keep at it
Mate It will get there!
Thanks given by:
Ah that sucks dood.
But we look forward to madness being completed Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
sometimes real life takes over!
we all know real life is a scary place and we all hide back in our cars eventually Wink

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
You didn't buy a crank seal from the same place as cully did you? Confused
Thanks given by:
(31-08-2015, 08:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You didn't buy a crank seal from the same place as cully did you? Confused

LOL.... Prick Tom Dodgy

I have an excuse for damaging the seal but aren't you a mechanic Poodle whistle

i know how pissed i was having to take the cambelt off to redo the seal
but if its crank fly seal that's a whole different problem that may warrant taking the engine out to do it properly

I do feel for you poodle Sad

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
GTI6 Info

Don’t drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Thanks given by:
(31-08-2015, 08:22 AM)Toms306 Wrote: You didn't buy a crank seal from the same place as cully did you? Confused

No he took fitting lessons from Jonny lol
Seriously, i know how heart breaking something like that is. Get it all in and running only to find its all got to come back out again!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
f*ck the car, congrats on the rest dude!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Hahah thanks guys, nice to see people are still interested. And thanks for the congratulations Kezzie. Smile

I am indeed Cully, only just completing my L2 VCQ though, which doesn't stretch quite as far as engine rebuilds, or even clutch jobs for that matter lol. Genuinely can't think of a reason why it might be leaking, they're not genuine seals, but then it is half-decent quality so i don't think i can shift the blame there. Meh, got a new genuine seal on order anyway, will post a picture of the fail when i pull it apart. Well, i say that, but it would involve actually posting pictures in my own project thread, so don't go holding out hope. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I hate those seals, they seem to like to leak fir no apparent reason other than to be an utter pain in the lady garden!
Thanks given by:
(01-09-2015, 11:32 AM)Poodle Wrote: Hahah thanks guys, nice to see people are still interested. And thanks for the congratulations Kezzie. Smile

I am indeed Cully, only just completing my L2 VCQ though, which doesn't stretch quite as far as engine rebuilds, or even clutch jobs for that matter lol. Genuinely can't think of a reason why it might be leaking, they're not genuine seals, but then it is half-decent quality so i don't think i can shift the blame there. Meh, got a new genuine seal on order anyway, will post a picture of the fail when i pull it apart. Well, i say that, but it would involve actually posting pictures in my own project thread, so don't go holding out hope. Wink

They are a bastard. Very easy to cut (sometimes without noticing) And they can also leak if pushed in too far. I think the genuine ones are slightly deeper so you can push it in till it stops and it will not leak but some pattern ones are slightly thinner so will leak if not pushed in flush (which they should be). From memory mine was FAI and was about 1-2mm thinner than the genuine one that came out!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Always use payen for seals
Thanks given by:
So is this a working drive able car yet?
Thanks given by:
Nope, as usual my schedule for fun things is lagging way behind what i'd optimistically hoped for. Haven't even looked at it yet, will wait until i'm in the new house as it'll just be a hell of a lot easier on that driveway and there will be fewer obligations pressing on my time.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Update needed!
Still Living For The 306  Rofl

306 Ph1 Dturbo Estate
205 1.9 GTI (Rust.In.Pieces)
306 HDI Stage 3 Estate (Rust.In.Pieces)
Thanks given by:
Not in the new house yet, not looking likely to be for a month or so. Don't expect to see a meaningful update before spring tbh. Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I vote a picture or two of its current state will keep the dream alive over the festive period.
Thanks given by:
Defo a cheeky pic or 2 needed
Thanks given by:
Good plan, might even help my motivation once we're moved. Will get a couple next time i'm home during daylight hours.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Anymore with this Smile ?
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
yeh whats the latest?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't exist. The whole thing was just his imagination.

Oh wait, sounds like my car Tongue
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Can't believe poodle is keeping this quiet.

Unfortunately shortly before Christmas he has been forced to end then project early. I won't go into detail but he kept a few parts but the rest is...... Well I will let the photo tell the rest.

[Image: Poodle%20Hdi_zps1z5kpoxo.jpeg]
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Oh.. that's a shame.. Sad
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
(06-01-2016, 02:07 PM)Fozzy Wrote: Can't believe poodle is keeping this quiet.

Unfortunately shortly before Christmas he has been forced to end then project early. I won't go into detail but he kept a few parts but the rest is...... Well I will let the photo tell the rest.

[Image: Poodle%20Hdi_zps1z5kpoxo.jpeg]

Nice but that has a ph1 boot (single hole at the lock not double) and Poodles was a ph2

Also I'm pretty sure that is your workshop in the bottom corner of the picture.
Thanks given by:
And that also has a colour coded rear bumper which I'm sure poodles (Liam's old car) did not
Thanks given by:
Hahaha will have to get up earlier than that to hoodwink the nerds, John! Rofl

Unfortunately my last statement stands; no progress until we're moved and settled. Doesn't help that we were meant to be moved in by mid-december and one guy in the chain has yet to finish his paperwork. Hmm
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How she stands at the moment:

...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,242 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta