Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Double-stock HDi - On hold pending removal of thumb from arse
Show my the last f*cking page, stupid piece of shit forum!
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
Hahah nice to see you're still interested. Wink

MOT today, no surprises - a good solid fail. Most bits are easy enough to fix, but it seems i've developed a pretty substantial hole in the chassis - just above the ns subframe mounting point - so the garage will be fixing that. I can weld, but not sure i want to trust my limited skills when it comes to something so important lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Bummer. They all seem to be going in that area. Its because of idiots thinking they can jack them up there!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Exactly that, nice jack mark right beside it, a hole i can fit my thumb through and bubbling paint across a good few cms... Dodgy

Big hairy arseholes.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Best thing to do is scrap it!
Thanks given by:
Or sell it whole for someone else to do my dirty work.

Owait i'm not a pussy, :p lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
The 6 didn't have that hole ya git! The dturbo did :p
Thanks given by:
Still should have kept the six. :p How's the vag?
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Should have updated this by now, whoops.

She passed on the second attempt, needed some welding to the subframe pick up on the ns and a few minor brake adjustments, but was otherwise all good. Have been driving her for the last week and shes awesome in the twisties, especially compared to the shed lol.

Unfortunately i've already developed a problem - I revved her a bit harder than I do normally and when I lifted off to change gear the dials juddered down to zero and the rev counter stopped working, the other bits recovered immediately. That is, they worked until I turned her off... Since then none of the dials work apart from the water temp gauge, so that'll be a fun job for another day.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
1st thing id do is take them out and check the connections. My DT did somthing simular. And id for got to flick the locking arms back over on the plugs.

Also ph2 front bumper cough cough

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
The electrical problems turned out to be just one fuse in the end, affected everything though, crazy.

And bugger off with your sodding ph2 bumper lol. :p Now if it was a ph2 sp bumper, that would be a different matter...

Stage 1'd her earlier, feels quicker than i expected, much better to drive. Splitter is next on the list to fit, and some hubcentric spacers to cure the slight rubbing on the inside of the rear arches. Will have to shell out for a refurbed beam in a couple more years i think...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looking forward to seeing this on the weekend dude
[Image: fe6eddc8-1731-4100-a5fe-1edb853a88b6_zpseeacf928.jpg]
Thanks given by:
She's nothing special yet bud, don't hold your breath either lol. Forgot to mention that actually - since we get a couple of runs at the dyno i'm going to do a before and after, see what we find...

You fancy giving me a ride in yours at the weekend? Want to see how your turbo feels. (giggedy.)
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah man can do dude uttah booooost Wink
Thanks given by:
Sweet, looking forward to it mate.

Hoping i can pull something different out of the bag with the map, but we shall see...
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hopefully I wont have any boost leeks haha what map you going for?
Thanks given by:
Haven't read this for a while, so just caught up... Good work mate, made some awesome progress on this Smile
Thanks given by:
Fingers crossed eh haha. I'm not sure yet, at the moment it's a pro_steve 125 "smoke" map, but Steve tells me it's a bit out of date...

Cheers Curt, been slow going, but it's getting there.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I'll take you out I. Mine mate if you want too
Thanks given by:
Aw hell yeah, saturday is going to be a good day. xD
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How many remaps for a hdi os there?
Thanks given by:
Loads!
Thanks given by:
Really?
Thanks given by:
Theoretically theres almost unlimited variations, just depends what your end goal is. Any mapper worth their salt will be able to make a custom map for your engine. Ive got the popular decat and rear-mid box conversion, but i've also got an r70 pump, so my stage 1 would be different to one for somebody without the pump.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Pro_steve has suggested i get an 1800bar FRPS, so i'm picking that up at 9 and fitting it immediately. Then i'll be making a trip to Brizzle, where we will be seeing if Steve can't tease a bit more from this pump... ninja
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good man! Can I ask how much you've managed to get one for? Keeping an eye out for one myself
Thanks given by:
(01-02-2013, 07:44 AM)Poodle Wrote: Pro_steve has suggested i get an 1800bar FRPS, so i'm picking that up at 9 and fitting it immediately. Then i'll be making a trip to Brizzle, where we will be seeing if Steve can't tease a bit more from this pump... ninja

Brizzle eh', you should pop down to weston after, have a tomatoe sandwich? Tongue

I thought the 1800 FRPS had to be mapped in before you could drive it?
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Would have done Danny, but I had to be back as I had people coming round for dinner.

The DV6 FRPS was £70 direct from Peugeot, not ideal but I needed it at short notice. It doesnt have to be mapped in for the car to run, however it acts as a tuning box so can be pretty dangerous for the engine if youre not careful with it.

Result on the rollers was 130.1 and 220, pretty pleased, although I think it could have done better with some decent airflow. Has ruined my mpg though, just too much fun. xD
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was good to see you dude and the look of the car had to be one of the best lmao
Thanks given by:
And yourself man, pity your motor didnt make it, was looking forward to seeing that.

Aye she's gorgeous, real stunner. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "stock" S16 project Jonny81191 44 12,242 14-03-2015, 05:09 PM
Last Post: procta