205 STDT - Restoration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 STDT - Restoration
Ah sick, cheers Dan!

It'd be awesome if you're up for that man, get the f*cking thing sorted out once and for all lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thanks for getting that engine out of my way haha.

Get it out alright at the other end?
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
My pleasure haha! Er, sort of, crane legs wouldn't fit under the rear bumper so went to jack it up only to find the low entry jack wouldn't go under either. lol

Came out fine once we'd worked that out though, reckon it still took less time than getting it in. :p Cheers for helping us load it up, we would have been struggling had it not been for that forklift.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This car is awesome! That is all. Big Grin
Welding and fabrication projects undertaken, contact me for more information.

Thanks given by:
(01-07-2013, 04:34 PM)td_dan Wrote: I have a beige steering wheel and gearknob Smile

Aggy you got a top dash plastic? Desperatly need a black one

You still got the beige gearknob by any chance?
Thanks given by:
this thread needs more pics!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Afraid not mate sorry
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
In the words of my welsh comrades in work... TIDY Smile
Thanks given by:
Cheers chap!

Not much news on this, made a completely new exhaust system for it from my old hdi system. Somehow failed to get more than one picture though... Still need to weld a couple of mounts on, so will try and take some more later.

List of niggles is getting steadily longer, she's getting a hell of an overhaul come summer holidays.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
How it started:

[attachment=14862]

And the finished product:

[attachment=14863]

Would have taken more, but it was raining by the time i finished welding. It doesn't really hang that low, i just hadn't finished doing it all up at that point.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Was waiting to pull out my road the other day and a green STDT in this colour and wheels went past, had a mahoosive exhaust on it though, fair bit of coaling when we had a little race down the dual carriageway!

Can't believe I've not seen this project until now!
Now only a has been!!

www.autorite-sport.co.uk
Thanks given by:
I guess this is due a proper update. Not that there's anything to update with, the sunroof still leaks and I haven't really done anything to her besides change the oil.

Failed its mot today, nothing serious, just a couple of boots, bulbs, leaky shock and a balljoint. Nothing really unexpected, the CVs and front shocks were well worn when I bought it, i've already got most of the replacement parts, just haven't gotten around to fitting them yet lol. The driveshaft on the other side got replaced for the last mot, am going to swap the whole shaft again this side too as its a bit sloppy. Some signs of rust appearing underneath again, will fix that little lot at a later date.

Once the hdi is running reliably i'll take this old girl off the road to sort out the leaks and rust once and for all.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Still got the sunroof pal Smile lol

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Shame it failed but keep at it. Really wish was about to help out / see the hdi in action Sad
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I remembered that the other day! Did wonder if you'd chucked it by now lol, sorry about that. Will hopefully be making a trip up your way soon, will give you a shout.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Thats fine mate its stored away safe so dont worry lol

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Just found this thread - very interesting, as my son has an STDT as well!

He is keen to add a FMIC and, to this end, we've just grabbed an intercooler/pipes/manifold from a 1.9 Xantia TD at scrappie, in hopes that they can be fitted & made to work!

I wonder if anyone reading this can advise, please? (I notice that strictly-perv has previously offered experience for this but I can't PM to him, unfortunately!)
Thanks given by:
Strictly derv has a guide on the 205 forum for fitting fmic to the 1.8 Smile

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Oops, strictly_Derv - got his moniker wrong in my earlier post! Apologies to him!!

Any idea whereabouts I can find his guide? I just had a quick look, no luck......
Thanks given by:
http://forum.205gtidrivers.com/index.php...pic=137001

There you go

Current cars
Thanks given by:
Many thanks!
Thanks given by:
Get a project thread up, Matt, would be interested to see the build.

Missed your comment there, Steve, sorry. I fixed all the bits and she went through the MOT fine two days later, so it's all good. Tweaked the tracking while she was on the ramp as she ate a pair of rainsports in very short order, the dunlops i've replaced them with are so much better. (I think it's dunlops, might be goodyear, either way they're not completely crap, so win!)

Have also since developed a quick fix for the leaky sunroof, it involves a tarp, a couple of guy lines and a hook, proper pro job if i say so myself. Probably doesn't do the paint any good, but i'm not sure you'll be able to tell the difference lol.

Oh, and mods; this is a peugeot, ie not another marque. Lrn2dictionary, noobs. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
hey dude, nice car. Not many of those kicking around Smile Will be watching this thread with great interest.
Thanks given by:
Thanks bud! Hopefully this will be coming off the road fairly sharpish, want to do a second round of restoration work over winter. Unfortunately it relies on me getting my shit together with the compound boosted thing, so don't hold your breath. Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well this is rather overdue an update! Not that there's been an awful lot happening with it, the missus has been driving it daily without too much trouble. Or at least not from the car; the missus moaned like f*ck lol. As such, come insurance renewal time we swapped - she now drives the nad and i'm in this.

Driving it daily i very quickly realised that the moaning wasn't entirely unfounded, tbf to madam. The already tired shocks had clearly passed the point of no return since i last drove it and the top mount bearings were getting a tad grindy. Plus the driveshaft replaced when i first bought the car has already split all its boots and gotten gritty inside... Not impressed with that, but it's outside of the years warranty so that's that. One quiet day at work last week i replaced the lot with some second-hand b4s, nearly new bearings and mount rubbers, and some actually new drop links and os driveshaft. Gave her a quick oil change while i was there, briefly considered changing the air filter before deciding it'd be much more fun to sack off the intake tract altogether. She now chirps, whistles and squalls like a good'un, all the more so thanks to the thoroughly knackered turbo. Big Grin

Unfortunately while i was under the car i spotted a couple more issues. The front tyres are down to the wear markers, that's already been sorted with some lovely new ps3s. Of more concern was the rather large bubbly patch on the sill, which i pressed with a finger in the vain hope that it might just be a paint bubble... It wasn't, my finger went straight through the sill with ease and on closer inspection it's pretty severely rotted in that corner - after a thorough poking it seems the sill is almost completely split from the body and floorpan panels for best part of half a metre and is developing a lovely hole up further up the sill. I would ignore it until i take it off the road, but the mot is in three weeks and while my tester may be friendly he's not daft enough to let that go. Rolleyes

Hopefully i'll have some better news for the next update, i'll leave you with a picture of the moment i found the slight hole...

...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This made it through another MOT successfully on Friday, the only problem was dirty contacts on my number plate lights. Jonny kindly fixed up the slight hole (which was a much, much bigger hole by the time we'd finished poking it) and she was good to go. Put the tracking gauges on yesterday morning for good measure; she's now a real pleasure to drive. Almost... lol

...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good work! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Who needs sun beds when you can weld in a t shirt. Big Grin

Cracking to see this getting some love.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ebay E36 Restoration Project me-tm 8 2,978 20-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: me-tm