205 STDT - Restoration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 STDT - Restoration
So what were the issues after I left dude or was it just slow going?
Thanks given by:
Lol Niall, ffffuuuuuuu...

Main issue was not having three hands so I could hold the pump in place, hold the nut in place and operate the ratchet. lol Besides that, stop solenoid on the new pump didnt want to work, battery ran down again and wiring took some modding. It's pretty much set now, just needs some fine tuning. Thanks for your help today mate, was good to see you.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
salut, superbe la 205 hâte de la voir finis courage

hi, great haste to see 205 finished Courage
Thanks given by:
Thanks man, won't be finished for a couple of years yet as there's a respray to come, and hopefully a new engine, but the bulk of it is done now. MOT tomorrow, at least it will be if the front caliper swap goes well in the early hours before work lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Clutch now works properly and pump is sorted. Managed to snap a bleed nipple off so have had to refurb and fit my old hdi brakes instead, got one side done before work this morning, will finish that tonight. Will be test driving later unless I manage to f*ck up something else, which means i'll finally put up some decent pictures! Well, i'll take some pics anyway, can't promise i'll get as far as uploading them lol.

Apologies for the stream of boring updates, but i'm using this as a log/service history of sorts. Although thats not too dfficult to remember, now I think about it, since the only running gear not yet replaced is the rear beam, steering rack, wheel bearings and one driveshaft. Literally everything else has been replaced or refurbished. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
'tis sounding like an interesting machine....a pocket rocket if you will....but will save judgement for when/if pictures arrive Smile

top stuff for sticking at the machine and getting it back on the road ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Really impressed at how this drives with the new pump actually, completely transformed it!

Finally, pictures, proper ones this time and all! lol

Passed today with a clean sheet, still needs a few things done, but i can relax now. Thank f*ck lol.

Oh yeah, the grill will be going in very shortly, it was just rather low on the priority list until now.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well done man , good to see all the hard work has payed off
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Glad to see its on the road, this means you get your car back now.

Now you haven't got anything to do, if i drop my car to you tomorrow you can fit a new aux belt to by pass the aircon right........ Big Grin
[Image: 306oc_zpsf2d249a4.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Congratulations on the MOT pass. Smile
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, pretty relieved tbh

Lol Fozzy, I refuse to do any more to cars outside of work until at least the weekend. :p
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Your grills missing. Trying to be like ginge eh?
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
well done matey.

good feeling of triumph eh Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 07:15 AM)samass Wrote: Your grills missing. Trying to be like ginge eh?

Yeah man, daddy cool!

Cheers Piggy, something like that yeah lol, still riding the high, sadly enough. lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Great news! I think Charli and I need to go for a cruise! Smile
Thanks given by:
(26-09-2013, 11:59 AM)Poodle Wrote:
(26-09-2013, 07:15 AM)samass Wrote: Your grills missing. Trying to be like ginge eh?

Yeah man, daddy cool!

Cheers Piggy, something like that yeah lol, still riding the high, sadly enough. lol

get some more boost and you will LOOOOUUURRRVE it

I am using waaaay too much fuel coz of making excuses to go drive my new GT and make choo choo sounds
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Hahaha no, no more boost, 'tisn't mine and the owner says no. Sad
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Looking great buddy! Congrats on the pass. X
Thanks given by:
oooh nice going dude Smile
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Well done mate, going back to your car will save you a fortune.
Thanks given by:
Not much has happened with this since it got mot'd. The battery died a death a couple of weeks ago so she was treated to a brand spanker in the form of a nice, shiny Bosch silver. Other than it's all been odd tweaks here and there - straighten the steering wheel, adjust the clutch cable a bit more, tidy wiring, clean more connections, etc. Still trying to trace all the rattles and knocks, slow going as i'm relying on Charli to explain the problems...:
"It sort of goes 'brrrrrrrr'..." Oh right, when does that happen? "When i'm driving it" Fair enough, where's the noise coming from? "um, the car..? Somewhere in front i think" Riiiigghht..... lol

One problem we have managed to isolate is a knackered aux tensioner, however it seems you can't get hold of a new one for love nor money... Looks like i'll be taking another trip to Solent Bearings and refurbing the current one myself, unless anyone has a better idea..?

On a slightly more exciting note, i have picked up another engine from pugmarshall which will be fully rebuilt over the next year. Might take some pictures of that when i get around to sorting out the garage and can actually get in there again lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I remember your garage, was a bit busy lol

what sort of tensioner is it? any pictures?
Thanks given by:
class to see it been put back on the road, just tweaks and setting up now.
with my car, I put on an uprated alternator and a heavy duty HDI battery on. so the charging system is pure mustard!
Thanks given by:
I like your garage
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Cool motor! Lol at the description of problems!
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Could try the old job of melting a pan of grease to liquid, putting the tensioner in it and then take it out and let it cool / congeal.

I've done it a few times with good results...
JP
Thanks given by:
The tensioner is very similar to the XUD9 one, i'll have it off and take come pics and measurements once Charli is done with her last week of school, too busy to sort it this weekend.

There are still issues with the electricals, but the charging system seems to be one of the few bits that works as it should 100% of the time lol. Need to start reading through wiring diagrams i think; the headlights, heated rear screen and a few other bits appear to be connected to a permanent live rather than ignition live, which probably explains the slight battery drain when the car is left standing. Meh, all the wiring will be stripped out and replaced over the summer holidays, it's looking more and more like it's going to be easier than tracing the chronic amount of bodgery about the place.

The garage hasn't got any less busy, every time i clear something out i buy more parts. Matt, you'll like it even more now i've added two engines and three turbos. lol

Thanks, Tom.

That's not a bad idea, will try it out, cheers. Although this tensioner may be past that - it's got a fair bit of play in it and rattles constantly when running.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
good plans mate

iv emptied my unit now and removed the 205 sunroof Smile also have an aux tensioner for you Smile
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Loving the progress with this dude! Coming on nicely Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Alex, if you want ill come down to yours soon and we can have a look at these wiring issues?
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ebay E36 Restoration Project me-tm 8 2,973 20-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: me-tm
  Peugeot 205 STDT Farmer-Glen 20 6,372 17-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  My STDT Project... Goose 6 1,991 21-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31