205 STDT - Restoration

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
205 STDT - Restoration
(19-06-2013, 01:04 PM)Poodle Wrote: Sunroof is a pita, but as you say it's a common problem - i assumed it would be so not that worried.

You got let off lightly! The full size sun roof is terrible for leaks. Wind noise with it open above 55mph is a whole new experience in itself.
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
Only just seen this. Real nice tidy example that mate im jealous hahaha anything your throwing away that could be a good spare pm me hahaha good luck with it
Official Team Go-NAD fan club
Thanks given by:
Hahaha i'll look forward to that!

Cheers Ash, can't wait until we've got it sorted. Keeping an eye on your project too mate, looks promising.

Basically cba with linking all of the pictures, so here's the link to the project album: http://s803.photobucket.com/user/acpoodl...0-%20Letty

Oh, and a few highlights for those also suffering cba vibes, cos i'm just that nice. Big Grin

[Image: DSC_0064_zps689b8a56.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0038_zps22e35976.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0039_zpsae9ca5ef.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0036_zpsc41c85b7.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0030_zps1cc2e7e7.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0029_zpsc553efc7.jpg]

Will write a proper update in a couple of weeks when i've got a bit more time, for now i need to crack on.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good times man, sorry i couldn't pop down. I will come and help at some point soon.

Is the welder yours and if so can I pay you to bodge me up some exhaust bits.
Thanks given by:
awesome progress mate; apologies we didn't make it, had to end up going to birmingham. Give me a bell if you need a hand in the evenings or anything ThumbsUp
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
No worries man, wouldn't expect anyone to bunk work lol. The welder isn't mine, it's Sam's, and you don't want it, it's horrible haha! (Not that i don't appreciate Sam being awesome and lending it to me. Big Grin ) I'm re-doing all the welding properly next summer, it's that bad, but right now it just needs patching up and i'm short of cash, so...

That said, i may be buying a welder in the near future, i think owning this car means the welder will earn it's keep in the space of six months lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Really cba with writing this out properly, so here's a list of what has been done and what will be done next weekend:

- Remove engine and change all filters, fluids and belts
- Replace various split pipes in engine bay
- Wire up new glow-plug relay
- Fit new injector washers and leak-offs
- Clean out all rust, weld up holes md underseal/paint as required
- Fit new aerial and ns mirror control arm
- Replace steering column and lower UJ
- Weld up new exhaust system
- Change steering wheel and gearknob
- Clamp sunroof shut and seal
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
a nice refreshing bit of work by sounds of it Smile

love the garage extension...used by me and many others Im sure
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
blimey is that a picture of Ruan with the grinder?!

progress is good though. Standard engine setup going in or turning this into a pocket rocket?
Thanks given by:
looking really good mate well done, iv finaly got the engine in mine now and all wired up using the original loom so everything works just hope the rev counter works aswell lol
Vehicle repair and servicing in the midlands pm for details 

Current cars
Subaru Impreza 2.0d - Daily
306 1.8 - track whore soon to be GTI6
Thanks given by:
Haha yeah, the tarp is my latest tosheroon from skip diving. Big Grin It was brilliant, stood up fine to all the wind and rain.

Yes it is, he was remarkably helpful actually lol. Standard engine, want to keep it as close to concourse as possible.

Awesome, need to update your thread, Dan!
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Nice progress!

If only you put an much effort into this thread ha!
Thanks given by:
Lol, don't know what you're saying! Angel

Got a lot done today, have the wee man of the north helping out this weekend and making epic progress. All rust patches have been welded up or stripped out and painted/undersealed as appropriate. The engine is back in, steering assembly back together, pipes, belts and pulleys replaced, dash reconstructed. Just finished clearing up for the day, another like this tomorrow and we'll be set!

Obviously no pug project would be without a new problem every hour, today's main issue was an injector washer that did not want to come out, going to need an injector seat cutter to finish the job... Dodgy Also, 2 of the four new belts are the wrong size, the dash spontaneously exploded and as per usual a good third of the required nuts and bolts have sodded off into oblivion.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
This update won't come close to reflecting the amount of grief this thing has caused me in the last week or so, but since i can't make your computer scream and rage at you in a thoroughly alarming manner this will just have to do. (Why's there no drama-queen smiley?) Between trying 8 different aux belts from the motor factors; random extra wires, shit battery, poor connections and generally appalling wiring; an awkward, random and shit fuel system that drained all the way back to the tank then refused to bleed; mindlessly redoing the timing despite knowing it was right the first time; and a pump that has decided it's going to leak everywhere despite not being touched - i have just about had enough. Censored

Nearly deafened myself earlier when listening to see if the glow plugs were working and some left-over propane (didn't have easy-start) ignited, that was fun, and am still feeling slightly rough after she filled the garage with fumes with some chronic blow-by. However, she is running! More or less good to go now, aside from a bad water pipe connection down the back that i can fix one dry evening this week, with any luck i'll be testing her on the road in a couple of days.

Thankfully a good friend has been kind enough to lend me their car for the week, so i can now finish this at a slightly less hectic pace and not have to get to work silly early every day - Charli and I are sharing one car at the moment and work in opposite directions from home. Rolleyes If the 205 behaves when i come to road-test her in the week i might even take some pictures, what are the chances... lol
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Amazing! I'm so happy you're pretty much there! Smile
Thanks given by:
Glad to see you are almost there! Must admit, when i saw what state you was in when i was down "helping" (ok, not helping, just eating Charlies amazing cake!), i was amazed you was able to work on it at all!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Sounds like its not so much a list of problems as just one massive problem. Probably why my car fits in so well when I come down.
Thanks given by:
Cheers guys, was an interesting challenge, that's for sure... Confused

Massive thanks to everbody who came over to help, I can safely say I couldn't have done it with you. Just another example of how amazing this forum and it's members are, even Fooby got his hands dirty!

Lol Chris, you come over when you want your cars to look good. Tongue

Ps...

(08-09-2013, 09:41 PM)Niall Wrote: eating Charlies amazing cake

Total giggidy.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
shame to hear about the tough times.

hope all is well now
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Cheers fella, nearly there now. Just got to top the coolant and oil up, and bleed the power steering.

Was checking through my last post earlier and realised I forgot to list a load of issues like the ns driveshaft shtting itself, the sunroof failing miserably, the osf brake seizing, etc, etc... Lol. Meh, all these projects have their "little" problems, just got to remember it'll be so worth it. Smile

With any luck i'll have some time for pics/vids tomorrow and it'll all start to come together.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Yeah this will be massively worth it, love 205s and loving how this is coming along. Tell you what, sell it to me, I've had my car 11 months and it's causing me panic attacks with how long I've had it lol
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Lol Liam, the withdrawal symptoms will be pretty vicious by now, i reckon, you'll crack soon!

Drove this to work last thursday and friday, didn't miss a beat, runs good as gold. Still doesn't feel like it's boosting properly, but that's the least of my worries. Noticed a few more minor problems, and decided to get it mot'd after lunch on Friday, since we were quiet and thought the mot ran out on the 27th of this month. As it turns out, the mot has got a few months on it yet, bit random... MOT'd it anyway on the basis that then it'd be sorted for a year. Or so i thought...

I finally took a picture, as promised!

lol

Not quite what you may have had in mind, didn't exactly come out how i wanted it to either lol. All the ticked ones are bits i sorted that afternoon, the rest i've already got in hand, advisories and all - either in progress or awaiting parts in the post. There is another page, but only had a couple of repeats and a notice about tyres. Had a quick tally of all the money spent on this so far, that was a big mistake - got to be pushing on for £800 by the time this MOT is sorted..! TMI

Proper pictures next time, cross my heart. Wink

Edit: Power steering, brake servo and clutch don't seem to be working quite right, so not 100% i'm finished yet lol.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Good to see this getting together, and also glad it's not just mine that's a complete pain!
[Image: signiture.jpg]
Midnightclub Wrote:All the cool kids have ph 2 Nile 6's!
Thanks given by:
I've pulled the XUD7 out of my car mate, if you need anything give me a shout, got a few spares.
Thanks given by:
Alex that list isnt too bad tbh for a car thats 25(?) years old and was in a bit of a sorry state when you got it!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(16-09-2013, 08:22 PM)kernow_joe Wrote: Good to see this getting together, and also glad it's not just mine that's a complete pain!

Hahaha apparently not, the joy of old cars, eh! Wink

(17-09-2013, 10:15 PM)Pugmarshall Wrote: I've pulled the XUD7 out of my car mate, if you need anything give me a shout, got a few spares.

Cool, cheers mate, how many miles has it done? Was actually considering sourcing a spare engine to rebuild for future -proofing.

(21-09-2013, 01:17 PM)Niall Wrote: Alex that list isnt too bad tbh for a car thats 25(?) years old and was in a bit of a sorry state when you got it!

L-reg is 1993, 20 years, but i know what you're saying. I still think it's pretty crap considering how much i've already spent fixing the worst, should see the pile of receipts i've got! lol Oh well, nearly there. Smile

Front and rear flexi-hoses, wishbone bushes and new brake fluid is all sorted, later today will come handbrake cables, exhaust rubbers and rear shocks. If the weather holds off that is, touch wood.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
I've got a pair of 306 rear dampers you can have if you want mate.
Thanks given by:
Thanks mate, already got some billy b4s from spoox. Smile
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
All done, she runs, albeit like a bag of shit, white smoke, needs more timing on the pump i think. That or turn the fuel down a bit, as this is the pump off puglove's old ph2 and i've stuck it on a standard xud7 lol. Cba now, just packed up having been out there since 9 this morning.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Man up its not like you have had to put shit loads of work in with a chronically fecked back!

Lol, fair play man that its up and running. Now just need to get it tidied up. Should clean up nicely with a bloody good wash and wax.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ebay E36 Restoration Project me-tm 8 2,978 20-08-2016, 01:41 PM
Last Post: me-tm
  Peugeot 205 STDT Farmer-Glen 20 6,401 17-08-2015, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Piggy
  My STDT Project... Goose 6 2,005 21-06-2015, 09:01 AM
Last Post: Mattcheese31