1.8 XS Air filter Box.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1.8 XS Air filter Box.
Hey guys,

I'm back to ask more annoying stupid questions about air filters! Well, more to the point how to get rid of the 1.8 box.

Oh yeh, as you may have guessed I have a new car! WOOP. I'll post some pics in another thread, for now, heres what it looks like.

I am aware of the tube connection underneath the box itself, this is what seems to be currently holding it in place, how would I disconnect it? Would I need to get inside the box?
[Image: 1000283_10200558262093444_127280473_n.jpg]

This connecting bit has been losened but it seems tough to get off.
[Image: 1016050_10200558262293449_545391982_n.jpg]

Cheers for help in advance and I'll go now to another section Smile
Thanks given by:
The second picture, undo the big silver jubilee clip holding the hose onto the Throttle Body. You then mount your air filter to this Smile

NB: You may need a breather filter going to the ICV if your silicone hose for the cone filter doesn't have a port for a tube to be run

NBB: Which is the hose coming off your main inlet hose, with the silver crimp clip on it. Can be seen on the right of your second picture
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(13-06-2013, 05:41 PM)Grant Wrote: The second picture, undo the big silver jubilee clip holding the hose onto the Throttle Body. You then mount your air filter to this Smile

NB: You may need a breather filter going to the ICV if your silicone hose for the cone filter doesn't have a port for a tube to be run

NBB: Which is the hose coming off your main inlet hose, with the silver crimp clip on it. Can be seen on the right of your second picture

Cheers yeh I thought that's where I would put it, and how to I get those crimp clips off? They seem pretty permanent.

It's connected underneath however by the intake hose which I can actually see or get to, was wondering how this would disconnect.
Thanks given by:
You can get then off by pinching with a pair of adjustable pliers if you don't have the tool for it, or just cut them off and put a jubilee clip in place of them.
Thanks given by:
small screwdriver in those clips, and twist, they flick off easy.

and in general if you just removing it...then just take it apart and it will come off?!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
If you undo the 10mm bolt on the slam panel to remove the 'snorkel' then it will reveal another 10mm bolt, that one and the one you can already see are what secure the bracket (white corroded metal part you can see) which holds the airbox in place. Undo all 3 bolts and I'm pretty sure the whole thing will lift out.

Disconnect the ICV hose obviously, and be careful to plumb it in when you put the new filter on.
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Got this sorted yesturday, was easy enough just had to spend a little more time on it. Wondering whether to take out the old hose all together including the original intake or leave it...

(15-06-2013, 02:53 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: Disconnect the ICV hose obviously, and be careful to plumb it in when you put the new filter on.

Would that be the hose I detached? It's not an oil breather like on a 1.4 is it... If it is just pulling in air the breather I put on it would work just the same. I'm just not sure how this ICV works and what it does exactly.
Thanks given by:
No its the air intake for the Idle Control Valve. Oil breathers are on the cam covers on these engines Smile
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(15-06-2013, 05:17 PM)Grant Wrote: No its the air intake for the Idle Control Valve. Oil breathers are on the cam covers on these engines Smile

Ahh awesome, all is well then! Haha.
Thanks given by: