Gti6 tuning

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gti6 tuning
Any cheap and easy power gains to be had for the gti6? I've already got a panel filter and straight threw exhaust with de cat Smile
Thanks given by:
That's pretty much it for cheap tuning. The likes of a BMC or similar cold air induction kit can see a few extra bhp, the decat will be giving more top-end power at the expense of midrange torque, you can sort of counter this by advancing the cam timing but it's not a precise art and doing it wrong will shatter your valves. Usually advancing inlet and exhaust cams can see up to 10lbft extra torque over the whole rev range, mine just felt "pokier" when I did it.

Unfortunately the engines were designed pretty highly strung so there's not that much to be improved on without looking at crazy high RPM's or forced induction. Not like the 1.6 TU engines where you can strap on breathing mods and get a bazillion extra bhp. GTi6 tuning isn't cheap unfortunately.
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Ahhh right I don't wana go spending mega £ as its my daily are the quick shift kits any good?
Thanks given by:
Depends which type you get. The GE ones that bolt on the gearbox shorten just the forwards/backwards throw and can be pretty solid if you threadlock the grubscrew. The compbrake style shift kit imo is better as it gives you more adjustment and also shorten side to side throw.

TBH though the best mod you can do to the gearchange is a set of Miles' gear linkages. Makes a MASSIVE difference to the feel of the gearchange, less sloppy, throw is only really an issue if you want to run a giant gearstick or if you're on a track.
Thanks given by:
Have you got a link to these linkages? I have a compbrake one on my Saxo track car and adjustable linkages as they are prone to sloppy gearslicks haha
Thanks given by:
Clicky
Thanks given by:
Thanks Mate Smile
Thanks given by:
There not mine!! Nor would I sell those, But the listing does sound like mine, Not exactly but close enough

I'm in the process of updating mine to be adjustable on the car with left and right hand threads as everyone else is copying my older design.
Thanks given by:
Ah i know theyre not yours, in fact i have your first design i think from four years ago. Still holding up fine now!

I just got lazy in calling them Miles ones lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GTi6 tuning... bang for your buck? Dunning_93 12 1,580 24-04-2014, 12:18 PM
Last Post: kentiiboii