2 converted xud to marine

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 converted xud to marine
Hi all, a little bit about my self before I get involved with asking questions and helping others in time. Although I like the 306 cars I do not have one. But I own a boat that use to have to Volvo 240 engines in it. These were old and decided time to change. I looked into what's best for me and the xud td 1.9 came out tops. I marinised one and tried it and it runs very good. So decided to buy another. This engine is slightly different to the first and has been a pig to fit from day one. Tried to start up and for some reason the came shaft has broke. Bottom half looks fine. This is why I decided to join this site to get help and info and to help others when I can. I had no knowledge of diesel till I decided to do the exchange and any info I have has been through reading info on the web. The engine that runs is very good at the moment. I'm told it should give me about 115 hp. I can show pictures in time for those who would like to see or are welcome o come and look. But for now I'm going to struggle with getting this engine sorted. That's probably enough of me going on for now. Good to see a lot off knowledgeable people out their.
Thanks given by:
Welcome along, get some pictures of the engine up Smile will help alot
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
I've never heard of them snapping a cam shaft (apart from Darren's) so not sure on that one
As for the power claims they're 90bhp standard and can achieve 115-130 with a stage 1 tune

I think you've just got a dud one maybe. Usually they're pretty bulletproof
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Jakes snapped a camshaft, but think that was due to the wrong cam carrier or something
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
Only time you will snap a cam is if a bearing locks up up top, or you loose the cambelt at rpms, which causes pistons to smash valves home and snap the cam....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Welcome; i'd like to see this engine! And there's a lot of people that can help; i had the idea to do this but come across too many issues which obviously you've overcome Big Grin
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by:
Ok once I have traced me second hand head which a breakers yard is sorting I will get up running and then take photos. The cam that broke must have been seized as it went on turning the starter motor. It had been sitting for 2 years.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Could I be converted!? cardinaljay 27 3,778 09-09-2014, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Matt-Rallye
  Converted Derv lover! Zoemilly1 21 5,500 14-06-2013, 01:39 PM
Last Post: Niall
  Converted owner regulator bj 8 1,958 03-04-2013, 12:25 PM
Last Post: Ed Doe