MG ZR: Cams & Maps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MG ZR: Cams & Maps
Hahahahahahaaha lmao
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2014, 11:46 AM)lolsteve Wrote: So...ummm.yea. bit embarrassing really. Took it to garage who said its from front wheel not back "oh crap" I thought I ont remember hitting the front that's going to be $$$
Guy jacked it up and there was a lot of play in the wheel, oh crap I thought once again.
he turns to me and says "yours wheels loose"
"as in track rod ends? bearings?"
"no...your wheels loose look." removes one of the wheel bolts with little more than some can do spirit
"oh...tits"
"yea whoever tightened this up was an idiot"
*cue one idiot standing embarrassed as work colleges walk past*

happens to us all, my driver side wheel on my 306 came loose. i used a wheel brace to tighten my wheels, this time i will use the breaker bar.
Thanks given by:
haha great! loose wheel bolts fwend!
Thanks given by:
(09-10-2014, 01:06 PM)procta Wrote:
(09-10-2014, 11:46 AM)lolsteve Wrote: So...ummm.yea. bit embarrassing really. Took it to garage who said its from front wheel not back "oh crap" I thought I ont remember hitting the front that's going to be $$$
Guy jacked it up and there was a lot of play in the wheel, oh crap I thought once again.
he turns to me and says "yours wheels loose"
"as in track rod ends? bearings?"
"no...your wheels loose look." removes one of the wheel bolts with little more than some can do spirit
"oh...tits"
"yea whoever tightened this up was an idiot"
*cue one idiot standing embarrassed as work colleges walk past*

happens to us all, my driver side wheel on my 306 came loose. i used a wheel brace to tighten my wheels, this time i will use the breaker bar.

Doesn't happen to us all, mine are correctly torqued each time. Tongue

That said, I did just leave a 'punctured' tyre for repair at the garage, got back and he informed me it was just a loose valve core lol. Oops. lol
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry mate but that's funny as f*ck. At least it was a cheap fix!
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
Rofl

As above! Haven't damaged anything, i hope?
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hope it hasn't car is back to as it was before, creaky and annoying lol
Also reporting a loss in coolant, about 200ml since....I can't remember when. wondering if these cold short distance drives to work are putting the hg to risk once again
Also the filler around the aeriel base which was to fix the rust patch last year is shrinking/cracking etc so ...hurray more bodywork issues
And then wd-40'd the hell out of the front & rear suspension as it's got a nasty rubbery creaking noise first thing on a morning when going over speedbumps or any bump
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Topmounts creaking? Dry strut thrust bearings?

You dont have much luck do ya fella!
Thanks given by:
Sell it and buy a 306 Tongue
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Driving lots of short distances will harm any car mate, mtfu and walk you mincer. :p
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Walking is a pain and so is driving an uncomfortable car so with that I've decided...

to buy coilovers lol

Second hand set of gaz for £340, seems expensive against the ta technics but they've apparently been serviced not too long ago as well and have adjustable damping on the rears
I'm not going to slam it on the ground, just want the car about the same height but not having suspension that doesn't work right. Once fitted I'll get the tracking sorted once more and see how it goes from there.
I've also been working more on the mapping side of things and have found a gentleman online who is working on mapping a 25 gti. Which is basicly the same car but with the 143 engine rather than a 160 like mine
So far I think I've found the fuel table by comparing with his maps and trying to locate the ignition table.

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Weird that they only adjust on the rears?!

Good call though ThumbsUp

I have found my decent setup of coilies to ride better than B4 Bilsteins!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
getting there! just need to put some decent rubber and brakes on.
Thanks given by:
Hope these work out for you mate!
Thanks given by:
(20-10-2014, 08:58 PM)Piggy Wrote: Weird that they only adjust on the rears?!

Good call though ThumbsUp

I have found my decent setup of coilies to ride better than B4 Bilsteins!!

Not just me who thought it was weird. Apparently the later/newest ones are adjustable on front/back but it was expensive enough getting these let alone a new set.

(21-10-2014, 02:18 PM)procta Wrote: getting there! just need to put some decent rubber and brakes on.
Still a few things to go, the pads could do with replacing although might just put my mintex pads back on as these greenstuffs seem to take some warming up before they do much
Rubber is next on the list of majors purchases though, although trying to be careful and spending money on modifications I can make money back through as in the coilovers are desirable so will sell on for about the same again provided theyre not fked

(21-10-2014, 02:57 PM)SRowell Wrote: Hope these work out for you mate!
Me too, if this helps sort out the ride issues I can fall in love again. Although the shell is in pretty poor condition now Sad Tempted to do an engine swap into a newer shell that's cheap from HGF or something...but not right now

In regards to mapping I've got some example maps I'm working from and comparing values to see what I can learn. Think I've found the rev limiter now so will be able to get just a little more out of it Tongue

Thanks given by:
No point increasing the limiter if it isn't making power up there though.. Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That was my thoughts. my limiter is set at 7k but it starts dropping off at 6.5k.
Thanks given by:
Typical rover driver, driving to the limiter Wink haha
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 08:55 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: No point increasing the limiter if it isn't making power up there though.. Tongue
Normally yes, but VVC gradually kicked in yo!

(24-10-2014, 09:02 AM)SRowell Wrote: That was my thoughts. my limiter is set at 7k but it starts dropping off at 6.5k.
HP drops off at about 7k
http://www.mgf.ultimatemg.com/group2/eng...rcurve.jpg

(24-10-2014, 10:13 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Typical rover driver, driving to the limiter Wink haha
If they engine is good for it I have no problem, few times I've gone over the limiter ~8k which is wasn't overly happy with but no problems came from it

Also COILOVERSSSS!

Thanks given by:
I cant wait for you to put them on and challenge me on track again... Tongue
Thanks given by:
All very well and good but; uprated your brakes yet?
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 02:37 PM)Grant Wrote: All very well and good but; uprated your brakes yet?

good point... what happened to that Steve?
Thanks given by:
The brakes are running ebc greenstuffs and grooved discs. My thoughts are if my suspension is better I won't need to be so hard on the brakes like I was last time.

Sam this time I'll have you! Hopefully will be able to carry the speed through the corners better and the map should get me that power needed to pull away Tongue

Thanks given by:
No you won't... Its nothing to do with the cars mate. Its just skill Wink ive got camp quarry and the esses sorted. Need to work on my line on the others.

When are you next going on track? next year? Or fancy getting one in before? Tongue
Thanks given by:
I've got one booked in for 9th November in Wigan. Been meaning to make a thread about it but as it's quite far up north doubt there'd be much interest. Will be a good opertunity to test the coils and hopefully a map Tongue
I have skills, I just don't want to make you cry when I wipe the floor with you xox

Thanks given by:
(24-10-2014, 08:55 AM)Midnightclub Wrote: No point increasing the limiter if it isn't making power up there though.. Tongue

its too bloody heavy, that's why he has increased the rev limiter.
Thanks given by:
Even if it makes no more power, if an extra few 100 rpm can be had and the power holds, it can be well worth it on track, just to be able to hold a gear for a chicane or corner. Makes a huge difference also for changing gear and keeping right on the power
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
^ My thoughts exactly, staying in second or having to shift into third coming out of corners.

Coilovers are 3/4 installed. The hammer had to come out to get the fronts in and I had a bit of a "lost all hope" moment when I couldn't get the shaft in the hole cause it was dark
Just need to reattach the drop links on the driver side as undid the screw to get the strut out easily but now can't get the bolt/hole to line back up

Thanks given by:
Get a lever on the ARB to either lift or drop it to get the link bolt in line Smile
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(26-10-2014, 09:34 PM)Piggy Wrote: Get a lever on the ARB to either lift or drop it to get the link bolt in line Smile

That if you're doing it with one side on the ground, it will never line up. In fact, seeing as you are lowering it, chances are they wouldn't line up anyway as you would have to shorten the drop links.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by: