MG ZR: Cams & Maps

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MG ZR: Cams & Maps
(06-06-2013, 08:16 PM)Curt Wrote: They are brilliant, I had them on my previous set of wheels on the Audi.

Hankook are what VW use as standard, pretty good too

Yeah ive got Hankooks on the Kia. Not sure which and obviously i cant really comment on it handling well but they are quiet and dont aquaplane like the old conti ecocontact 3s i had on the skoda. Just had to show them water and it went everywhere!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Are these the K-series engines that are well known for a ball bearing seizing and causing head gaskets to pop?

You could paint the wheels black pal, make it look a tad better!
3 x Peugeot owner.

1996 106.
1996 306 D Turbo S.
1994 Mercedes Benz 320E.
1997 306 GLX.

Subscribe! - https://www.youtube.com/user/TheADKJD/videos
Thanks given by:
I'd go for the hankooks myself, they were awesome on my driving instructor's car. Incidentally, and completely off topic lol, he and his son race a 306 in a tin-top hatch championship. Random haha!
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Hankooks are also on our hyundais at work, i dont like the handling but that is probably hyundais fault not hankooks.

My bestie really rates the avons but if you can stretch to contis or Michelin then do so
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 11:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Hankooks are also on our hyundais at work, i dont like the handling but that is probably hyundais fault not hankooks.

My bestie really rates the avons but if you can stretch to contis or Michelin then do so

Sorry what? Gay!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 08:45 AM)Niall Wrote:
(06-06-2013, 11:43 PM)Dum-Dum Wrote: Hankooks are also on our hyundais at work, i dont like the handling but that is probably hyundais fault not hankooks.

Sorry what? Gay!

I'm sorry, your calling me Gay? Really?

Thanks given by:
Jesus ha
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Touché sir. Touche. In my defence, that was for my GIRLFRIENDS college work though. Don't see you with a girlfriend dum? Just chicks with dicks Wink
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ahahahahahahaha.... this has to be one of the most off topic threads this year lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 09:59 AM)Niall Wrote: Don't see you with a girlfriend dum?

I've got videos if you'd like Wink
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 10:12 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Really don't want to see no chicks with dicks
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 10:12 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Go on then. This could be a laugh. Dum dum being imasculated by a dude with half a minge then spaffing his load in his pants because he touched a fake boob.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 09:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Sorry what? Gay!

Mother of god these are camper than Freddie Mercury on a tent holiday. With a cock up his arse.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
*cough* back on topic, cambelt is making a whining noise and I've been told it could be on too tight even still did a 250 mile journey to uni house and getting it dropped into garage to get sorted whilst on holiday.
Still loving the car though despite some of it's more..chavtasic qualities and the ability to reach the limiter is just cream worthy.
In terms of mpg put £35 of petrol to do the trip and ended on about the same point on the fuel gauge, not an accurate reading but that should be about 40mpg
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 04:04 PM)lolsteve Wrote: *cough* back on topic, cambelt is making a whining noise and I've been told it could be on too tight even still did a 250 mile journey to uni house and getting it dropped into garage to get sorted whilst on holiday.
Still loving the car though despite some of it's more..chavtasic qualities and the ability to reach the limiter is just cream worthy.
In terms of mpg put £35 of petrol to do the trip and ended on about the same point on the fuel gauge, not an accurate reading but that should be about 40mpg

these engines are good on fuel, but unsure on what they will get mpg, as my vvc metro returned the same mpg as my HDI. that was not putting the engine onto cam and the car had weight in the back.
it might be the alternator belt or the pas belt as these have a separate system for the pas.
Thanks given by:
If the belt it too tight, not only can it snap but also can ruin all your bearings, pump etc. Get it checked ASAP!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(10-06-2013, 04:10 PM)procta Wrote: these engines are good on fuel, but unsure on what they will get mpg, as my vvc metro returned the same mpg as my HDI. that was not putting the engine onto cam and the car had weight in the back.
it might be the alternator belt or the pas belt as these have a separate system for the pas.
Yea I'm surprised how good I'm doing on fuel so far really, that was going to be the reason I would have to sell if the fuel was killing me.
I've heard that it could be them too but listening in the bay sounds like its under the cam cover

(10-06-2013, 04:10 PM)Niall Wrote: If the belt it too tight, not only can it snap but also can ruin all your bearings, pump etc. Get it checked ASAP!

Yea...still drove that 250 miles with it lol I'm going to tell the garage to do what needs to be done since they are a really friendly bunch and won't take pi** with it. Would rather all the pumps/tensioners etc are sorted now rather than cheaping out on just a belt change or w.e

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
Jesus, 40mpg on a run?!?! I could get 45mpg out of my Skoda and that had 210bhp and weighed 73 trillion tons....
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(07-06-2013, 09:57 AM)Dum-Dum Wrote:

Sorry what? Gay!

Ha ha ha I have never seen that!!!!!!!!

NIAL and GRANT WTAF fellas!!

Where's the pics gone ha ha ha Iam literally falling over with hysterics!!! And Iam not drunk (for a change) lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So kind of an update, just got back from touring Europe and picked up the car from the garage who said the whining noise is just the pas pump fairly common on older pumps and nothing to worry about since they checked the other belts total cost £0.00 very happy since I was worried I'd come back to a large bill.
30 minutes from home the not so unexpected happened as can be seen below.

Also got replacement set of rear lights to help de-chav the car, sadly these where broken upon arrival

Not the best day for her

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks given by:
That happened because its an MG would never of happened to a Peugeot .............................lol

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Not good dude, those really are low aren't they... Confused
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Oh f*cking dear. I wondered when those pictures would surface again.
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
Kwalitee tyres mate!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
To resolve the tyre problem I got some nankang ns2 slapped on for £180 for all 4 corners, very cheap for 17 inch wheels and frankly in position where pennys count. Some people are rating them bad but frankly took them out for a test yesterday and despite not being bedded in yet they impressed me for the price. No idea about the wet though which is where they fare worst apparently.
Another set of standard rear lights is the way to help dechav & a right colour front grill. Plans re carbon fibre wrap all the chrome and spray the front chrome grills black for a more tasteful oem look.

Also got a nice camera photo of the car in the new forest last night curtsey of a friend

Thanks given by:
Update time:
Sprayed front grills black and got a matching front grill

Also carbon wrapped a few of the chrome bits, first attempt at wrapping and think the heater control bit needs redoing

Thanks given by:
200 lights look infinate times better. TBH I dont mind these and would love a BRM!
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
I had a VVC Coupe in a former life (well, my ex did) which was an absolute hoot to drive with 143bhp.

Never really liked the ZR shape, but I was always an advocate of the K series. I had 4 different ones and did over 100K between them with no huccups. So easy to work on, with the exception of the silly thermostat location. Smile
Night Blue VW Golf 7 GTD : Bianca 306 Rallye : Mini Cooper D (The Mrs')
[Image: wallye-gtd.JPG?raw=1]
HDi Owner for 200k/9 years
Thanks given by:
(28-07-2013, 04:32 PM)Pete Wrote: 200 lights look infinate times better. TBH I dont mind these and would love a BRM!

Yea they do, I am considering the "abc" rear lights though. Look like a blend of the old lights and the current ones meaning oem but more modern?

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1776/cimg0806.jpg

I am loving the k series engine, very rev happy and a nice raspy noise when you give it some and near silent when cruising rather than a constant drone you get with some other cars with aftermarket exhausts. Just need to find where the coolants going, pretty sure it's not HGF since there's no other signs for it.
And granted the zr look isn't for everyone but I feel its got a more up to date look without being too bulky looking like golfs can be

Thanks given by:
nice rover.

you ever cure your oily spark plugs??

My experience with them is the 'O' rings/seals between spark plug recesses and the cam cover. quite common.
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: