For. f*ck's. SAKE.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For. f*ck's. SAKE.
What is it with couriers seemingly consistently failing to deliver what they say they will, when they say they will!?

TNT arrived today with an invoice "Packages: 4, Loaded: 3", the driver said sometimes consignments are split at the depot and will probably be coming later.

Fair enough.

Phoned TNT to chase it up and they said one of the parcels missed the connection service up to here, causing a 24hour delay, and would now most likely be Tuesday before it arrives. If I need any more info or to make a complaint i've to speak to Paisley Freight.

Riiiiighht..

So because TNT are unable to count to four and I now have to wait a further four days for the other wheel, I have to speak to Paisley Freight about it? What can they do? They just book the collection and delivery FFS, it's not their fault someone decided that only three of the parcels needed to be delivered next day!

I swear to god, I don't know how companies like TNT, City Link, Royal Mail etc get away with what they do! If the whole consignment is delayed, fair enough, shit happens, but to have three delivered, the tracking info say everything's been delivered and TNT to say "speak to the booking agent" because the consignment was somehow split and one apparently mnissed the shipment up here..dafuq?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Bwahahaha

hope they sort it quickly for you babe.
Thanks given by:
In hindsight it'll probably be hilarious, but dafuq? That's like a family of four only allowed three to board a flight. I genuinely don't get how they've not so much lost a wheel, but failed to give it the same treatment the others got?
Thanks given by:
OBVs theres alot of reliant robin fans they deliver to
Thanks given by:
Even the driver said "is it for a three wheeler?"

When i didn't lol and went *poker face* he realised something was not quite right.

Phoned TNT back and told them Paisley Freight can't do anything as they just book it, they've now put my case to their investigation team to look into it and to expect a call back within an hour.

Why the first woman I spoke to couldn't do that i don't know...
Thanks given by:
Why weren't they all in one package?
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
f*ck's sake, I want my adaptors Tongue
[Image: sigcopy-1.jpg]
Diablo Meridian HDi - 125bhp - 73.0MPG - Halfords Wheels
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 01:38 PM)THE_Liam Wrote: Why weren't they all in one package?

Can you lift 4 wheels altogether? Confused
Thanks given by:
Surely they were being handled as 1 item/job in 4 pieces? And if they're a wheel delivery company you would of thought some genius would realise wheels generally come in 4's. I dont get why anyone with a half a sense of.. well anything, would split them up.
Doesnt even own a 306.
Thanks given by:
Of they are 4 separate parcels, regardless of if they are the same consignment, they will be treated as separate parcels. If they loaded 3 in a cage and there was no more room for the 4th, the 4th would of gone into another cage which may not of gone on that days lorry.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 02:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Steels? Yeah easy.
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 06:22 PM)THE_Liam Wrote:
(24-05-2013, 02:15 PM)Toms306 Wrote:

Steels? Yeah easy.

Damn, I forgot you were strong and Northern! Confused I struggled with one 18" alloy. lol

But seriously, Paisley say you have to wrap each wheel individually, I've used them a couple of times now.
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 02:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Of they are 4 separate parcels, regardless of if they are the same consignment, they will be treated as separate parcels. If they loaded 3 in a cage and there was no more room for the 4th, the 4th would of gone into another cage which may not of gone on that days lorry.

Not necessarily... I know with UPS, regardless how many boxes they are, it'll be box 1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc... If they were all booked individually then obviously it'b different.

Pretty crazy though and very annoying!
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 06:39 PM)Curt Wrote:
(24-05-2013, 02:50 PM)Niall Wrote: Of they are 4 separate parcels, regardless of if they are the same consignment, they will be treated as separate parcels. If they loaded 3 in a cage and there was no more room for the 4th, the 4th would of gone into another cage which may not of gone on that days lorry.

Not necessarily... I know with UPS, regardless how many boxes they are, it'll be box 1 of 4, 2 of 4 etc... If they were all booked individually then obviously it'b different.

Pretty crazy though and very annoying!

Yeah thats what im saying, if its all booked in one consignment (so parcel 1 of4, 2 of 4 etc) then they can still be split up. I get it a fair bit with my stock from work via DPD.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Yeah they could well be... but it is a stupid mistake as that's why they're numbered!
Thanks given by:
(24-05-2013, 06:43 PM)Curt Wrote: Yeah they could well be... but it is a stupid mistake as that's why they're numbered!

Yeah but since when have couriers ever done anything well? Ive never come across one which is actually helpful and also just delivers the parcel intact, when you want it lol
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
I've posted hundreds of things now including glass and china and haven't had any complaints from the other end (yet)...even posted a set of plates and a box of antique toby jugs last week and they got there in one piece. If the sender wraps things properly theres no issue. Wink
Thanks given by:
We've used UPS for around 6 years now and to be honest they've been brilliant. Never lost anything, next day delivery. Admittedly most other couriers can be fairly useless
Thanks given by:
Curt....you spoke 40 minutes too soon!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
What's up mate?
Thanks given by:
Popped out for 30 minutes, came back and had a notice from UPS at 11.16am (dammit i missed them by 20 minutes). Notice stated re-delivery for Tuesday, bugger that i thought, i will ring them. So i rang them at 11.45am and found out where the nearest depot was, in the end it was about 20 minutes away from where i was working. Agreed to collect it today, package would be back by 6pm and they close at 7pm. Gave them my contact number too and they confirmed this all on the phone.
Turn up at 6.30 and find out it was delivered at 5.25pm, signed by the name of Kilby (I've never heard of this name), so i asked what number they were at. The receptionist then tells me that there is NO note so it would be at my address. In the end they ring the driver and he says he left it at 58, two doors away from me.

So hes not rang the office and found out that I've contacted and am collecting.
Hes not put on the database where he left it
Hes not tried to contact at all.

And its just took my 55 minutes to get home (normally 20), basically because some tosser of a driver does what the hell he likes!

Yes i'm having a beer now, cheers Curt! Looks great and well packaged!
Peugeot 206 GTI HDI
Volvo V50 2.0d
Volvo XC90 D5

Thanks given by:
Exactly the same thing happened to me 3/4 wheels turned up and it took 2 weeks to resolve.

But to be fair the little welsh twat reversed the payment as soon as it was sorted so tnt loosing one wheel was the least of my worries tbh!
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What a palava! Well that's just sods law isn't it... Well at least you got it in the end, glad you're happy, love that thing!
Thanks given by:
I've just been shafted by TNT today. Ordered my axle Friday he dispatched Friday afternoon and paid extra to TNT for Saturday service to make sure it came today. Well have called them, it's in Deeside, in a locked trailer, that they are refusing to open until Tuesday! I said I would drive upto Deeside to collect but noooooo. Absolute Arseholes. Apparently IMAxles had clicked the Saturday service tab for Saturday collection they said, well if that's the case why was it collected yesterday afternoon, taken to Leicester depot and transferred to Deeside last night then?
Thanks given by:
Aaand this is why when I sell things it's cash on collection only
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
I just send 4 tyres but i always pack wheels and stuff in pairs. Far easier then doing them singley
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fooks sake C2K 26 4,235 04-01-2014, 09:20 PM