Ford transit drivers?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ford transit drivers?
Im starting a new business just got everything together tools and unit, Im going to be breaking ford transit vans for parts.

Was wondering how many van drivers or Couriers there are on this forum and how many people would be interested.

Last van we broke had only 28k on the engine and was a mk7 transit. If there are people interested I'd keep you up to date with the type of vans we will have in stock (Mileage, year and condition of parts)

Special discounts would be available for users on this forum Big GrinHeart

Just checking to see how many people on here would actually be interested.
Thanks given by:
I think you're onto a winner.

Van parts are always in demand, because Van drivers don't give a shit about their vehicle.

How you gunna sell the stuff?
Thanks given by:
I used to be a delivery driver and ive already got rid of a lot of parts just through people i know

Next week im getting leaflets and cards made to put up in places where i worked, these vans always have something up with them so parts will be delivered to them at their work as i know nearly everyone there.

Also on ebay, gumtree and other sites like that. If there are any site designers on here il see how i get on for a while and maybe get one made.

Yodel drivers have the most dodgy vans ever most of the parts from the MK7 went straight to them.
Thanks given by:
I drive one all day every day.................... But its not my problem if somthing happens to it Tongue

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Ours don't get repaired unless they are proper bent. There's hardly a straight panel on either but they just class it as wear and tear cos it wouldn't be a transit if it weren't f*cked.
Thanks given by:
Are there any plug and play mk7 bits from the higher spec models? Would fancy some bits for the cab but need to be easily returned to standard if necessary
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
28K Transit? Jeez, most do that in a few months!

I'd say you should get loads of custom though, I did a bit of work on the commercial (van) side of a Ford dealer a couple of years ago, loads of massive milage, f*cked up vans there lol. Best one was a gardeners van, had 300k on the clocks and had been through 3 gearboxes and two engines (all second hand ofc).....and was in that time for a failed waterpump...... The only issue I can see that van drivers tend to be tight (like 306 owners haha) so I can't imagine they'd be willing to pay much for spares!
Thanks given by:
Biggest mileage I've ever driven was a transit, my dads '88 SWB had at least 910k on it...
[Image: tapatalk_1427020983519_zpsnwvozlhb.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 05:22 PM)Toms306 Wrote: The only issue I can see that van drivers tend to be tight (like 306 owners haha) so I can't imagine they'd be willing to pay much for spares!

Yea, but faced with the option of paying dealership money for the part of buying from the OP at a good rate the van driver will always choose the OP.

The upshot of them being tight is they leave things till they're completely f*cked.

"That tapping sound in the engine - the lifters were starved of oil, but it got ignored until there was no oil left.
Now you need a new engine instead of an oil top-up "
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your replies, Ive got another mk7 in very low miles.

If anyone is interested in anything let me know Smile
Thanks given by:
I drive a 11 and a 12plate both tippers at work. If they break ill pm you Smile. Warning lights for brakes always coming on
Venetian XUD ph2 heaven
Ph3 perv cab heaven
Black ph1 XUD died

Moonstone hdi stage 2
Thanks given by:
I know the older banana style engine injection pumps people use on the dervs
[Image: 22f2b6b2-758b-4c1c-96fb-6fa9c6059b13_zpsf306b56b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Where about in Wolverhampton NP?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post