406 engine into 306?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
406 engine into 306?
Seen as my turbo is going on my hdi i was wondering how much it would probably cost to have a 406 HDI engine fitted into my 306? Any local mechanics close to wolverhampton, dudley, walsall or birmingham on here that could probably do it for me and give me a quote?
Thanks given by:
the 2.2 hdi?
Thanks given by:
Nope the 2.0 hdi 110. Or is it not worth it?
Thanks given by:
Why not just remap? You'll get more than 110hp, less hassle and insurance will probably be less.
Thanks given by:
was just an idea my turbo is going and i was gonna stage 2 it but how difficult it is to take the turbo out i thought that might be worth putting in to remap
Thanks given by:
I think that's already been asserted in your other thread Wink
Thanks given by:
I need to mention it as many times as possible just so i can make myself feel better for not getting it off in the one day Sad Knowing my luck ill get it of and the turbo will probably be seized lol
Thanks given by:
if i were in your position i would use the turbo as an excuse to upgrade turbo...you could stick on a bigger blower and start mapping for same or less money as sticking another stock engine/ turbo in
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 07:57 AM)rd070707 Wrote: if i were in your position i would use the turbo as an excuse to upgrade turbo...you could stick on a bigger blower and start mapping for same or less money as sticking another stock engine/ turbo in

The turbo isnt costing me anything. What other turbo's are decent though, would that not cause any issues to the engine rather than a stock turbo?
Thanks given by:
look for turbos off similar'ish engines but running a much higher output as stock, that should point you in the right direction.. as with any power related mods, it will put more strain on the engine.. saying that though, i would've thought a 170hp hdi with a k03 would be much more likely to go bang than a 170hp hdi with say a gt20
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
yeah if you want to go stage two + eventually then nows a good opportunity to get a bigger turbo on
[Image: 20gh7o0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What about a volvo xc90 2.5d turbo? How hard would it be to stick it on the hdi? Will i need to fabricate anything to mount it on there?
Thanks given by:
How hard depends entirely on your skill really or how much money you have to blow.. you could get some adapter plates made up and then fit pretty much anything you want.. size is the only thing you'll have to be careful of as to whether a turbo will physically fit in the gap down the back.. other option is to gearbox mount the turbo and get a custom exhaust manifold built.. again, expensive but with that you could literally swap around turbos as and when you felt like because it's in a much nicer location..
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
No offence mate, but it sounds like you haven't got a clue, maybe swapping turbos and going for big power isn't that great a plan. Especially if you're concerned about reliability.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(22-05-2013, 05:13 PM)Poodle Wrote: No offence mate, but it sounds like you haven't got a clue, maybe swapping turbos and going for big power isn't that great a plan. Especially if you're concerned about reliability.

Im just getting a bit of info, If anything ill probably just be swapping it for the same turbo.

Was just wondering if that engine had any good gains after a map over the one thats already in it and how much it would actually cost if i wanted to.
Thanks given by:
The engine is exactly the same underneath, no gains to be had there.

How much it'd cost would depend on how of the work you do yourself, but a whole engine change at a garage is likely to be uncomfortably close to a grand once youve included sundries like new belts etc.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: