Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project Truck Turbo MkII, gathering dust
Going to be ordering lexan windows and rear screen, going fully committed to lightweight Smile

looking to save myself a fair bit of weight on top of all the stripping, my fiberglass bonnet weighs about a kilogram compared to the 22kg of a standard bonnet and plastic windows only weigh about 4 kilo in total Big Grin
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So.. whens the dash being removed? Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The dash is already out lol, only putting it back in for somewhere to mount all the gauges :p
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Man up, self tappers and holes in the bulkhead Tongue
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If its more than £40 you've been done! Should see the one I made up for Samass was pretty much over kill!
Perv 106 1.4 xs First Pug Love - Scrapped
Perv 306 1.6 5 Door Hore - Sold
110bhp 207 Hdi Sport - Used as a Brake
173bhp T25 Ph1 Diablo Dturbo - Scrapped
Thirsty Bitch Volvo 850 Estate - Sold
51bhp Berlingo Nad DT Van - Sold
Slow as f*ck Dispatch Work Horse

www.prestige-auto-care.co.uk
Thanks given by:
(04-06-2013, 05:50 PM)Jenkosowls Wrote: If its more than £40 you've been done! Should see the one I made up for Samass was pretty much over kill!

a meter of stainless goodridge hose, 4 adapters and some heat shield, im expecting about £25
Its a company my old man worked for for years and the owners a family friend so i wont be ripped off Smile

Been at the workshop again all evening and again an epic failure to take any pictures.

anyway, I have changed thermostat and fuel filter housing and plugged everything back in with new fuel filter and thermostat, all new engine fuel hoses, primer grenade, injector leakoffs etc
fitted cold idle stuff to thermostat housing and pump, fitted sensor for aftermarket water temp gauge, fitted adapter to fuel pump for pressure gauge, fitted sensor for oil temperature and oil pressure gauges.

promise i will get some progress pictures tomorrow and hopefully get the new oil line fitted and the turbo mounted
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
getting excited...still miss the bianca crazyness but sure the performance of this will make up for it!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
(05-06-2013, 08:53 AM)Piggy Wrote: getting excited...still miss the bianca crazyness but sure the performance of this will make up for it!

Yeah now that some shinies are on and its nearly ready to start in getting rather excited too, with a phase 1 front and a small re style its going to look pretty sinister!
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
So as promised, heres a picture of how it stands at the moment.

thats all the fuel lines renewed, lines and injectors on and vacuum hose sorted, also put my new studs in the manifolds and tightened that up properly.

all the hoses and wires need tidying up but that can wait until ive got it started, new aux belt tensioner should arrive soon so that will complete the engine build Smile

[Image: IMAG0053_zps67160e20.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
not a huge amount done today as i was waiting for stuff to turn up in the post, anyway, got another few small jobs done

fixed the heatgun and started scraping off all the sticky shit left over from the sound deadening removal
fitted brand new throttle cable
made new boost lines and with some proper high pressure t piece fittings to plumb the boost gauge and boost compensator into
started putting the cambelt covers back on but then Pugmarshall was over again so not much else happened after that other than discussing the yorkshire accent, peanut butter kitkats, boost, angle grinders and women. pretty standard really
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
We do have a pretty awesome accent :p, coming on nicely mate
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
(06-06-2013, 11:42 PM)Danny2009 Wrote: We do have a pretty awesome accent :p, coming on nicely mate

I actually should say yorkshuh, not yorkshire, I know how annoyed you yorkshuh folk get about pronouncing it wrong :p haha
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Well, another busy day of swearing and a little bit of work on the car:

gave the interior a re-trim

[Image: IMAG0058_zps860f99b7.jpg]

[Image: IMAG0059_zps9ece2906.jpg]

changed the sump and refitted, then put d8a auxiliary bracket on with pas pump, didnt get around to doing the alternator as I've lost the bloody bolts for it

[Image: IMAG0061_zps150aa124.jpg]

then fitted my nice new oil feed line, turbo has yet to be mounted as the downpipe is still with my old man who is kindly drilling and tapping a hole for the egt probe

[Image: IMAG0060_zps57d065de.jpg]

all that i need to get it running is the downpipe back, alternator bolts and putting the rad and heater matrix back on and its ready to start Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Did the oil line go in the back of the block ok then?? Threes weren't fooked? Comeing on nicely

Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 06:45 AM)Chris_90 Wrote: Did the oil line go in the back of the block ok then?? Threes weren't fooked? Comeing on nicely

yeah it came out ok on this block, for some reason my 17mm spanner kept trying to round the nut off so resorted to an adjustable wrench and it came out fine, probably something to do with the awkward sizes of oil line fittings, looks like 17mm but its a tiny bit smaller maybe.

can't see in the picture, but I wrapped the line in heat shield where it passes by the manifold and downpipe, on the original line I think it may have been boiled by the turbo when it was stood still after a run as the line was brittle and snapped when I was removing it from the bianca, which reminds me I need to buy some more to wrap the brake lines on the bulkhead.

shame I was running so late yesterday as you could have had a look in person Sad
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Ah sweetnes!!

get up some more pics mate
[Image: DSC_5848Custom_zps75885397.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 08:57 AM)306GT30 Wrote: Ah sweetnes!!

get up some more pics mate

Not really much to look at currently lol, il be picking another batch of black paint up later to finish the "interior" lol
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, had a rummage through my sticker box and found some labels for the interior:
[Image: IMAG0062_zps3a03feeb.jpg]

going to order a battery cutoff on monday Smile
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
OMG i need a sticker set like that! Where'd you get them?
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 11:52 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: OMG i need a sticker set like that! Where'd you get them?

My old man used to build rally cars, got a massive case full of random decals Smile

I could post you a autolec dash sticker set like the one in the pic if you want?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Nah i need the ones for lights etc, making a perspex centre dash and need labels for the switches. Will have a hunt around as they're pretty much perfect Smile
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 11:56 AM)cwspellowe Wrote: Nah i need the ones for lights etc, making a perspex centre dash and need labels for the switches. Will have a hunt around as they're pretty much perfect Smile

ah cool i get you, like dymo printed labels kinda thing?
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeahhh exactly like that.

In fact, i may just go and find a label maker. Would be perfect.
Thanks given by:
(09-06-2013, 12:01 PM)cwspellowe Wrote: Yeahhh exactly like that.

In fact, i may just go and find a label maker. Would be perfect.

i would imagene its cheap enough to get an old dymo printer, like the retro ones that stamp it into plastic rather than just a printed label. those plastic 3d labels are awesome
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Yeahh they're about £10 on eBay and they're the embossing type that stamps the letters into the plastic.

Man i am SO doing that.
Thanks given by:
theres a cut off switch in for sale section ozone
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
So tonight the aux belt made its long awaited re-appearance onto the car after many minutes of searching around on the floor for alternator and tensioner bolts, plumbed the pas pump back in which resulted in a rather chronic mess of old fluid then spent the rest of the evening searching for an appropriate washer to space the oil sandwhich plate out with, i need a spacer as ive ditched the oem cooler in favor for a 16 row jobby Smile

only picture I remembered to take was of my new idea for a new badge which I love the idea of and so does Pugarshall Smile
[Image: IMAG0063_zps117508ec.jpg]
Current stable
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
yeah thats dope!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Quote:then fitted my nice new oil feed line, turbo has yet to be mounted as the downpipe is still with my old man who is kindly drilling and tapping a hole for the egt probe

Eurgh, why in the downpipe...

If the reason is for "if it snaps off" - well, in which case that's like saying I'm not going to put the turbo infront of the inlet because if the compressor wheel breaks, it's going to lunch my engine... Or I'm not going to put my sump at the bottom of the engine, because if it gets snapped off, it'll lunch the engine...

You may as well not bother if it's in the downpipe, it gives you literally no clue about the temperatures inside the engine, it's pure guesswork unless you know the PRECISE temperature drop and the time it takes for that temperature drop the equalise.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Tbh, if its getting hot enough to chooch the EGT probe off (its not gunna just break off provided its not chinease) then you clearly have serious EGT issues, in which case ull most likely be melting the blower anyway....
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,120 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  306 XND to D-turbo track car project Sfin01 0 1,758 01-01-2019, 02:10 AM
Last Post: Sfin01
  Project- 306 2.0 8v Turbo PUGNUT_XS 243 127,158 13-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Joep83