Time/temperature unit

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time/temperature unit
I have a 98 phase 2 dturbo and it has this style clock just time [Image: va9e4epu.jpg]
And it stopped lighting up so swapped it and now does this
[Image: azyny6am.jpg]
How do I get it like this [Image: y7eny2ah.jpg]
Do I need a out side temperature receiver type thing I need to get and plug in under the engine bay.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
You need a temp sensor yes.....they are located in the passenger wing mirror, wouldnt be accurate in the bay (not that the 306 one is accurate anyway lol).
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 10:35 PM)Toms306 Wrote: You need a temp sensor yes.....they are located in the passenger wing mirror, wouldnt be accurate in the bay (not that the 306 one is accurate anyway lol).

You can't rely on anything on them to be accurate. My fuel gauge doesn't go past 3/4 and goes down to 1/2 in a week and then takes 3 weeks to go from 1/2 to the low warning light and that will go on and off for about 20 miles until it comes on and stays until I fill up. Ha. And my rev counter always reads 0rpm
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Well it sounds like you bigger issues than not knowing the temperature outside then haha. lol
Thanks given by:
(15-05-2013, 10:46 PM)Toms306 Wrote: Well it sounds like you bigger issues than not knowing the temperature outside then haha. lol

True but its just enoying seeing the --- degrees. The fuel gauge is accurate when it's below half a tank just not above so could be the float catching in something if someone has took it out and not put it back in the same place
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Tom, got a sensor as i'd like one Smile
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
No I don't Chris, binned two last week! Rolleyes
Thanks given by:
To get the temp gauge working get a sensor off I wing mirror from the scrappy and join it to the last 2 wires on the clock closest to the glove box. I routed the wires down to the front bumper where I cable tied the sensor.
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2013, 09:42 AM)londondan86 Wrote: To get the temp gauge working get a sensor off I wing mirror from the scrappy and join it to the last 2 wires on the clock closest to the glove box. I routed the wires down to the front bumper where I cable tied the sensor.

Ok thanks. Could I just get a mirror with a sensor and put that on
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Depends if your door loom has the wiring for it. My dt didn't so I had to do it by the above method. Best way to check is to take your current mirror off and have a look if the wires are there taped up. It's on the passenger side by the way. Smile
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(16-05-2013, 05:04 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Depends if your door loom has the wiring for it. My dt didn't so I had to do it by the above method. Best way to check is to take your current mirror off and have a look if the wires are there taped up. It's on the passenger side by the way. Smile

Thanks
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
One question, I'm from Portugal, the driver side is the left, the temperature sensor will be where?!?
Thanks given by:
Have a look at the wing mirrors. You'll see a little lump on the bottom one of them. Suspect it will still be the same side. Drivers side for you guys
Thanks given by:
Hi, I have checked that out, and there has nothing, my question is, does the car have the plug for the mirror sensor(if I need to check that, how do I remove the mirror?) or do I have to make some gadget to make it work?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CLOCK TIME DIGITAL TEMPERATURE GAUGE jlisarte 3 2,030 04-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Last Post: jlisarte