engine swap stock hdi vs 406 110

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
engine swap stock hdi vs 406 110
As stated im looking at doin a engine swap. Whats the difference between the 2 mounts electrical conections pipe work etc. Any info is appriciated
Thanks given by:
Absoutely no difference apart from the fmic on the earliest ones iirc, i think the later ones were multiplexed - ie a massive pita to wire up and get working.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Same age 406 110 engine should be a straight swap then i.e mines a t plate sp same year straight swap
Thanks given by:
Should be, have you found a low mileage one or something? If not there's very little point mate, a lot of work for no gain.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ye i have found one with just over 60k
Thanks given by:
Considering you'd need to fit the ECU out of the 110 - you're going to have fun without de-immobilising the ECU as I'll put money on the BSIs not being compatible...

Very pointless task IMHO - unless you're PURELY fitting the engine, using your stock ECU and having it remapped.
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
The engine is a straight swap but youll need your turbo off the 90
Thanks given by:
As above tbh, although if you're going to do it with a low mileage one i'd be inclined to do all the belts etc anyway while it's out of the car, purely because it'll take 1/10th of the time to do thanks to access lol. Be rude not to go for a proper fmic while you're there as well, turbo change would be easier too... Wink
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
make sure you do a guide if you do it!
Thanks given by:
Will i was thinking y its out hybrid iveco turbo fmic and 2.2 hdi pump ready for remap. Ye if i do go ahead i will defo do a guide.
Thanks given by:
if you engine hasnt got any issues it really isnt worth it. been there done that myself and id of been better off keepimg the higher milage enigine in it. there is no power to be gained out of fitting the 406 engine that ypu wouldnt get out of the 306 engine

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
Yeah, get the new engine built up with turbo, pump, new belts, clutch and fluids and make sure its prefect before dropping in.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HG repair or engine swap? simo2007 3 1,927 11-09-2018, 08:15 AM
Last Post: Toms306
  Engine swap jordanhdi 4 1,222 24-01-2016, 07:40 PM
Last Post: jordanhdi
  2.0 hdi engine swap jayspug86 33 4,683 19-10-2014, 04:25 PM
Last Post: jayspug86