Fog light bulb help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fog light bulb help
My fog lights aren't working ( D shape )but are showing up on the dash and relay is clicking so I took a bulb out and it's a h1. The Haynes manual says h3. Is there a difference between these bulbs and is that why there not working. If not could it be blown and I can replace it with either h1 or h3

Also I attached it to a battery and nothing happens. Tried a h4 that I had handy and that worked so could be the bulb it's self but still not sure what to replace it with
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
The P2 and P3 fog lights use H1 bulbs. Change those and you will be away.

Its only the P1's that use H3's
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(28-04-2013, 12:11 PM)londondan86 Wrote: The P2 and P3 fog lights use H1 bulbs. Change those and you will be away.

Its only the P1's that use H3's

Thanks. Just come back from Halfords now and stuck some xenon h1's in and they work now. Not bad for £3. Done the fog light flash mod and realised the fog bulbs didn't work. Ha
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Just as info, i had H1's fitted to mine, i uprated the bulbs to 100w H1 Xenons. I had to uprate the fuse also the standard one blew.
1999 2.0 8v Turbo 306

Flying the Flag for the XU10J2TE

You Tube: 832 Performance
Thanks given by:
(13-05-2013, 02:01 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Just as info, i had H1's fitted to mine, i uprated the bulbs to 100w H1 Xenons. I had to uprate the fuse also the standard one blew.

Not sure that was a wise move. 100W bulbs will require uprating the wiring as well, what you have done is just bypassed the part which is blowing as the circuit is not up to the current demand. Also they are illegal for road use.

A good set of halogens/zenons are just as good!

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 04:31 PM)londondan86 Wrote:
(13-05-2013, 02:01 PM)PUGNUT_XS Wrote: Just as info, i had H1's fitted to mine, i uprated the bulbs to 100w H1 Xenons. I had to uprate the fuse also the standard one blew.

Not sure that was a wise move. 100W bulbs will require uprating the wiring as well, what you have done is just bypassed the part which is blowing as the circuit is not up to the current demand. Also they are illegal for road use.

A good set of halogens/zenons are just as good!

Just got 6k h7r's for my low beam might get some 3k or 4k for my fogs.
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:
Yea I've got 6k's in my angels and some cheapo blue zenons in the fogs, I may well do the same and get some Hid's for them

The only issue may be that I have my fogs set up with the flash mod and Hid's don't react as quick as halogens

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
(14-05-2013, 09:01 PM)londondan86 Wrote: Yea I've got 6k's in my angels and some cheapo blue zenons in the fogs, I may well do the same and get some Hid's for them

The only issue may be that I have my fogs set up with the flash mod and Hid's don't react as quick as halogens

Ye I've got the flash mod and was wondering about that aswell
NO SMOKE NO POKEBig Grin
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fog lights, new bulb ROBCAT 0 1,163 14-06-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: ROBCAT
  Ph1 replacing dual bulb headlight assembly with a single bulb H4 one The Coolest 9 2,241 13-11-2015, 04:48 PM
Last Post: The Coolest
  Odd Bulb Issue... Toms306 20 3,389 04-10-2014, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Connor