Starting problems.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Starting problems.
Right guys the last couple if weeks ive been having problems with starting the bus. Its mostly when hot like if i drive for 10mins pop in a shop it will take 4-5 cranks to get going. I thought it was the key but ive changed it for my spare still the same. Ive had a quick serch around and it sounds like a low fuel presure problem or fuel related. Theres no lights on or change in performance nor mpg.

I can plug it in to a snap on ethos on tuesday but till then any1 got any thourghts on what it could be. Cheers
Hdi decat midlebox mod soon to be stage1Itwasntme
Thanks given by:
I can plug it into pug planet of you can drive to me

James
[Image: ForumSignature.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Its ok thanks mate ive got everythink at work but not in till tuesday.
Thanks given by:
be interested to see what this problem is, my mates 306 hdi is doing exactly the same thing and i can't find my laptop with pug planet
Current stable
'09 Mercedes E320cdi wagon 
'99 306 gti6
Thanks given by:
Just happwnd again done 20miles turnd of for 20min and woudnt start. I locket and unlocked it ignition on for 10 sec then it fired up.
Thanks given by:
Right guys just pluged it in
Codes are

P1517 anti start system
P1521 clutch sensor
P00c8 manufactuer specific code

I havnt had chance to search these codes yet as im on the way home
Has anyone know wat they are cheers.
Thanks given by:
Had a quick look seems to be imob but dnt no were to start looking.
Also since wensday its been fine not played up.
Thanks given by:
Immobiliser issues on these can seemingly come and go, lol_steve has had similar problems for a while now. Don't think it's reared it's head recently, so you might be lucky as well and not have another problem.

I don't know how to go about diagnosing immobiliser faults on these, Cully or Niall would probably be your best bet. When my immob started playing silly buggers i just got the ecu unlocked, problem solved lol.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Ye same as me mate when i first got the car 8 months agot it happend once but i thought i just terned the key to fast. it was playing up laat weekend constontly for 3days then since wensday ist been fine.
Thanks given by:
Any1 else know these codes.
Thanks given by:
I've just bought a 306 HDi with a strange starting issue. If left overnight or for any significant period of time, it will not start the first time. Second starting attempt, it fires up straight away and runs really nice.

If you carry on cranking at the first attempt it occasionally starts but not always.

Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem with my hdi estate!
Start it drive to the shop stop and then try to restart and on the first attempt it it will not fire but turn the key off and try again and it's fine! Sounds a bit like a leaky fuel pressure reg but not sure..
Thanks given by:
I had an issue with June worked fine for 2 years then after a week parked up while on holiday wouldn't start. New relay as it was buzzing and it started for all of 3 seconds the cut out. Just scrapped it
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by:
Doesn't sound good then. I hope it's nothing as serious as the relay.
Thanks given by:
i believe that P00c8 is all linked to the bsi as well as controlling other systems like
lights, indicators, windscreen wipers, interior lighting, audio, the dashboard, trip computer, multifunction display, warnings, air con, almost sure it has links to the ABS and engine management to

had this problem with a 406 few years ago what a bitch to diagnose
Thanks given by:
This problem disappeared on my car while it was off the road for a year, all i changed in that time which could have fixed the issue was unlocking the ecu and replacing the hp pump. Never worked out what the actual issue was, so wouldn't like to recommend either over the other, but at least that narrows your options a bit.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Well, I found the issue but not why it is happening.

When you first turn the key the low pressure fuel pump in the tank isn't coming on. Always comes on the second time without fail. Weird, weird fault.

I should also point out that I need to cycle the ignition to get it start after it fails to start the first time.
Thanks given by:
Check the brown relay behind your ecu, this controls the lift pump and can cause issues with running and starting. Failing that, it's probably still pointing to your immobiliser being at fault - iirc the lift pump is one of the items controlled by the immob to prevent starting.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by: