Hdi Clutch problems

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hdi Clutch problems
Hey chaps, got a question regarding an hdi (xsara picasso hdi 110 ahem..)

regardless of the fact that I now offically drive one of the worst cars in the world I am having issues and would like your opinion before blowing the remaining credit on my credit card on a new clutch.

The car squeaks faintly when idling but not from the belts it comes from the other side of the block.

When pulling away the squeak becomes very noticable and running along at 30mph its just plain embarressing.

The sound goes away at high speed (perhaps gets droned out) and goes away the second you press in the clutch with a sound as if you stepped on your pet rabbit by accident. a bit of a yelp sound.

So I guess it's the clutch or some bearing. Only started doing this 400miles ago after a long intensive 1000 mile trip to the continent and back.

Slight judder when pulling away or reversing but noting too serious. there isnt a bloody rev counter but from what I can hear the revs arn't noticably higher than they should be so i dont think there is a slip.

Any thoughts?

Cheers
[Image: ocpic2.pg.jpg]
http://www.sanderson-brown.com
MrsMoonstone Wrote:Cats eyes get in the way of the racing line!
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Possibly clutch release bearing. My HDi used to have a similar noise, the release bearing had almost fallen apart when I took it off (glad it didn't go while I was driving!).

Could be a gearbox bearing but I haven't heard of people breaking HDi boxes.
Thanks given by:
Do these have a duel mass flywheel?
Thanks given by:
Apparently so. At a garage getting a quote for flywheel and clutch while getting tyres fitted.

It's not a dual mass so only £652 repair
Moonstone HDi Phase 3- Scrapped Sad --- 1.6 Phase 2 - Scrapped Sad --- BMW 318is 1993 (Hyperventilates)
Thanks given by:
Well mrsmoonstone called. On side of the road...clutch doesn't work. Bugger....
Thanks given by:
think youve found the problem yourself now D: best of luck!
Thanks given by:
Oh dear, bad luck mate, Im guessing the release bearing exploded?

As you say, atleast they're not DMFs....woulda added another grand onto that lol...
Thanks given by:
Yeah it was tom. Hopefully will be a new driving experience once it gets fixed.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, enjoy stalling it the first couple of drives... lol But once it settles and wears in a bit a new clutch is much nicer. Smile
Thanks given by:
It was the release bearing that exploded on my estate. Seller didnt want to fix it so i bought the car for £300 Smile £80 on a clutch later and car was good as new! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(11-04-2013, 08:17 PM)SRowell Wrote: It was the release bearing that exploded on my estate. Seller didnt want to fix it so i bought the car for £300 Smile £80 on a clutch and several hours of labour later and car was good as new! Big Grin

lol
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Helix organic hdi clutch problems Piggy 17 2,517 27-02-2016, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Rippthrough
  clutch/gearbox problems blinkyeatu 7 1,175 13-07-2015, 08:28 PM
Last Post: blinkyeatu