HDI standard straight through?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HDI standard straight through?
I'm going to be cutting open my cat later, stripping it out and then welding it back together, as for the back silencer can i just cut this open and rip the insides out and weld it back together or is it better to do a mid box conversion?

Jack
Thanks given by:
Much of a muchness tbh, performance-wise.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Can you not hammer a spike straight through the cat and shake the guts out?..
Thanks given by:
Take al th boxes out lad, gona do it do it right!
Thanks given by:
You can beat it out, yeah. Definitely the more labour intensive option though, took ages to get the stuff broken up enough to get it all out.
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
(18-04-2013, 08:09 PM)Franko Wrote: Can you not hammer a spike straight through the cat and shake the guts out?..

you wont get it all out like that. All you do is just put a hole through the filter. Loose stuff also rattles around and annoys you. Best to cut it open and get it all out properly and then seal it back up!
Thanks given by:
I ended up choping the cat, emptying then welding it back, same with the rear silencer - the rear silencer was a b****!
Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 11:45 AM)jackmiller30 Wrote: I ended up choping the cat, emptying then welding it back, same with the rear silencer - the rear silencer was a b****!

Is much easier to just put a bit of straight pipe where the back box should be. much better and easier & 100% legal

(18-04-2013, 08:17 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Take al th boxes out lad, gona do it do it right!

If your going to give people advice like that you need to male them aware it is illegal and a MOT failer !!

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:
(19-04-2013, 11:59 AM)puglove Wrote:
(19-04-2013, 11:45 AM)jackmiller30 Wrote: I ended up choping the cat, emptying then welding it back, same with the rear silencer - the rear silencer was a b****!

Is much easier to just put a bit of straight pipe where the back box should be. much better and easier & 100% legal

(18-04-2013, 08:17 PM)E_KEL95 Wrote: Take al th boxes out lad, gona do it do it right!

If your going to give people advice like that you need to male them aware it is illegal and a MOT failer !!

They must be while simple if they didnt already know!
Thanks given by:
not particalarly not everyone knows that you need atleast 1 silencer.

oh a write in english for f*ck sake

[Image: DSC_0190-Copy_zpsf093f84d.jpg]
Member of 99% warning or your nothing club!

Thanks given by:

Too right! I did mine in stages. Hammered cat out and straight pipe back. Then got middle box removed then fitted front ecar pipe. Later was by far better both performance and noise

We used a long bar down the end to smash it up. If you take your time we get the whole lot out so nothing to rattle about
TD04 11mm Sedan, now 2.1 vnt

Sedan Project http://306oc.co.uk/forum/thread-5763.html

Provence Dturbo Dead
Blaze 1.6 Dead
China 5dr '6 Death by cambelt failure
Matt White HDI estate Death by wiring
Sedan Dturbo aka triggers broom
Diablo estate Dturbo Living dead
Thanks given by: