16x8j on 306. Offset question

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
16x8j on 306. Offset question
Hello forum,

I have a 306 GTI6.

I am looking to get some 16x8 wheels and they are available in ET0 and ET+20 offset.

From just observing my car, It looks like with the factory cyclones on that the rear of the 306 sits slightly furthur inside the guard.

Would it be wise to get the 16x8 ET0 for the rears and the 16x8 ET+20 for the fronts?

I dont want them to stick out much, but would like them flush with the guard.

Ive seen a few threads on here of people running similar wheel specs but most of the time they are not sure on the width or the ET.

Has anyone got pictures off a 306 hatch with 8J wide wheels and +0 offset?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
How low is the car? Just standard height? Could get away with 0 all round. Ive got -20 on my estate but its also lowered a fair bit.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
At the moment it is standard height, would be lowering after fitting new wheels.

I have seen your estate and it is a bit too extreme for me, especially the front. Over here in Australia I wouldn't last a week with fitment that extreme so I am after something more sedate.

I have owned an R31 skyline in the past with 15x8 ET0 wheels, flush fitment with the guards all round. No problems with police. Looking for similar fitment on my GTI6.

I am pretty certain fitting 16x8 ET0 on the rears would result in nice flush fitment, however I am just worried it might poke out a bit too far on the front. Hence why I am considering ET+20 for the front.

Anyone else have any input?

Cheers
Thanks given by:
Et0 do it my borbets are et0 with the spacers
Thanks given by:
Just checked them out, great fitment. Do you know what width they were? Look like 7j or 8j
Thanks given by:
Borbets A's are 16x7.5 iirc

[Image: IMG_0949.jpg]

16x8 front ET+5, 16x9 rear ET-5
[Image: signature_zps1a02ba79.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Great pics and info by all, I can definitely see how 16x8 et0 will fit now. Thanks alot guys
Thanks given by:
And that all turned to poo, turns out they wont do 4x108 in the wheels I wanted... I refuse to run adapter spacers as ive had a wheel fall off on a past car because of them.

Back to searching for new wheels, thanks for all this help though guys.
Thanks given by:
XXR wheels by any chance?
Thanks given by:
Indeed. XXR 531's... would have looked nice. Might just stick to the tried and tested Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's. No flush stance fitment but still not a bad wheel imo.
Thanks given by:
Correct, 530's look nice too Wink

And bolt on adapters mean either ET20 wheels with adapters, which would give you the right fitment but less concave, or ET0's with adapters which gets to the realms of ridiculous offset.

Or you could do what I did and run 8.25 ET0's with 45mm's worth of adapter and ET-45.
Thanks given by:
Scared of adapters... I had good quality bolt adapters on a past car. They were fully done up and double checked. I would check them everytime I got in the car as they sketched me out. One day they somehow became disjointed from the hub and there I was stock on the side of the road with a wheel rolling off into a ditch lol. Never again
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  sorry....another offset question Pugwash 4 1,587 03-08-2018, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Pugwash
  Wheels offset arooscroocked 1 1,331 24-07-2018, 05:56 PM
Last Post: Poodle
  borbet offset tysonbully2k12 1 1,018 26-09-2014, 06:41 PM
Last Post: Toms306