Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toms306s HDi Replacement...Haterz Gonna Hate!
(25-03-2013, 05:39 PM)Dan! Wrote: There really was no point starting this thread Tom, no disrespect to you but you should know by now the reactions you'd get off everybody - its so predictable it funny.

I did expect them, hence the title lol. lol

(25-03-2013, 05:46 PM)Midnightclub Wrote: Fair enough tom, personally if it was me though i'd have been looking for something with lower mileage if i was going 'new', 100k is over 'average' mileage for an 06 car.

Its about average these days tbh, most were around the same milage, people are driving a lot more these days, especially in diesels. And newer cars do take milage MUCH better than older ones. The interior is still mint, and theres no bodywork issues at all, if someone had clocked it to 60k I honestly wouldn't have doubted it!

The other thing is that at this milage, the major items have already been replaced, rather than buying one at say 70k, which would soon be needing a cambelt and probably a DMF/EGR etc. I did think long and hard about the milage vs parts thing. Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 05:39 PM)Dan! Wrote: Some people are such idiots its hard to believe. Im really starting to go off a lot of people on this forum, primarily because of their pig ignorant attitudes. And this is just the icing on the cake;

(25-03-2013, 05:24 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: The hdi wasnt dead you just couldn't be arsed to fix it. Im sorry but what happens when the vectra need tax and not you going to break that too?

Youve got life way to easy lad... living of your granparents inheritence. New 3k car and your gran will pay for repairs

Are you actually dumb mate? Seriously, I am in disbelief.

There really was no point starting this thread Tom, no disrespect to you but you should know by now the reactions you'd get off everybody - its so predictable it funny.

lol toys out of pram much!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Said prick arrives on time. Toys well and truly in the pram mate, I'm just tired of reading the abuse and bullshit in this thread.
Thanks given by:
This forum does have a lot of narrow minded ignorant people on it, threads like this bring people's true colours to light.

Tom, on this forum people WILL all think/say its shit, because its not a 306. On Vec-C you've got a decent spec Vec, all the goodies, that all the low spec owners would love. It's just the way car forums are, people can't appreciate other people's cars. It's just something you accept! If you joined any other car specific forum and put a thread up about an. £800 d turbo people would literally laugh, because its normal if you don't understand the ins & outs. It's completely normal.

Notice Dan hasn't put any pics up of his new car? Because it would turn into 6 pages of people telling him how average, boring & shit it is. Whereas his car is actually very nice. Same with the Vectra Mowle is driving, I think he's been pleasantly surprised with it!

I have had more cars than a lot of people on this forum, I love 306's and would have one as a second car in a shot, but there are cars more preferable out there.

I love it how people's reactions are "Wouldn't drive one if you gave me one" or "I'd rather walk" sorry but what absolute bull shit.

I stick pics in my thread when I have updates, the couple of genuine replies from people that appreciate the fact I take care of my car is nice, I don't bother getting into conversations & arguments with people about it as its just not worth it. For instance I got overtaken by a member the other week, got a text 5 mins later that just said "Gay exhaust".. What an absolute twat? Is there really any need? I don't go around slating everyone else's car.

Fact is Tom, people will nibble if you fish, you've got a very nice car who genuine people will appreciate whether or not they would personally buy one.
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 06:58 PM)JJ0063 Wrote: This forum does have a lot of narrow minded ignorant people on it, threads like this bring people's true colours to light.

Tom, on this forum people WILL all think/say its shit, because its not a 306. On Vec-C you've got a decent spec Vec, all the goodies, that all the low spec owners would love. It's just the way car forums are, people can't appreciate other people's cars. It's just something you accept! If you joined any other car specific forum and put a thread up about an. £800 d turbo people would literally laugh, because its normal if you don't understand the ins & outs. It's completely normal.

Notice Dan hasn't put any pics up of his new car? Because it would turn into 6 pages of people telling him how average, boring & shit it is. Whereas his car is actually very nice. Same with the Vectra Mowle is driving, I think he's been pleasantly surprised with it!

I have had more cars than a lot of people on this forum, I love 306's and would have one as a second car in a shot, but there are cars more preferable out there.

I love it how people's reactions are "Wouldn't drive one if you gave me one" or "I'd rather walk" sorry but what absolute bull shit.

I stick pics in my thread when I have updates, the couple of genuine replies from people that appreciate the fact I take care of my car is nice, I don't bother getting into conversations & arguments with people about it as its just not worth it. For instance I got overtaken by a member the other week, got a text 5 mins later that just said "Gay exhaust".. What an absolute twat? Is there really any need? I don't go around slating everyone else's car.

Fact is Tom, people will nibble if you fish, you've got a very nice car who genuine people will appreciate whether or not they would personally buy one.

Wrong, all wrong for some reason or another.

/niall
Thanks given by:
I've always said about the blinkers most people have on on this forum... I know it's a common thing and most will have it, but I've never quite experienced the "everything else is shit" thing as much anywhere else. It's a shame really as the community itself is the best going IMO.

Personally, the Vectra doesn't do anything for me and I can't see me ever having one... but if you're happy then that's all that matters. People want different things from cars at the end of the day. Whereas the Vectra is lovely and quiet for you, it's boring for me... it's down to opinion.

Anyway, hope it serves you well and gives you one less thing to moan about Tongue
Thanks given by:
If anyone thinks this forum is bad for "***'s are the best car in the world/thread..." then don't whatever you do, join up to Sax-P lol
[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 05:39 PM)Dan! Wrote: Some people are such idiots its hard to believe. Im really starting to go off a lot of people on this forum, primarily because of their pig ignorant attitudes. And this is just the icing on the cake;

(25-03-2013, 05:24 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: The hdi wasnt dead you just couldn't be arsed to fix it. Im sorry but what happens when the vectra need tax and not you going to break that too?

Youve got life way to easy lad... living of your granparents inheritence. New 3k car and your gran will pay for repairs

Are you actually dumb mate? Seriously, I am in disbelief.

There really was no point starting this thread Tom, no disrespect to you but you should know by now the reactions you'd get off everybody - its so predictable it funny.

I actually said that I like his car. Other than the fact that id of chose another colour. All I said was that henhas got it easy if his nann will pay repairs
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
[Image: 6b0c7309-5184-463c-9f73-2a7b96601418_zpsfdf041fe.jpg]
Thanks given by:
As I said guys, I was expecting the replies - most I'd hope are banterous in all honesty, because people wouldn't rather walk would they, give them a 50 mile trip in the cold and rain by foot or by Vectra and I know which they'd chose. lol Interestingly give them a 306 with a leaky heater matrix, a f*cked blower motor and wipers juddering all over and they'd probably still prefer the Vec, whether or not they'd admit to it! Tongue

Really I couldn't care less if anyone does or doesn't like it, its just a piece of metal at the end of the day, and some people seem to get massively over protective of thier peices of metal to the point where everyone elses peice of metal must be wrong or shit..... I've owned more 306s than any other car (and probably more than half the people on here!) so far and I'm now on car number 12, so I should be able to make my own decision by now lol. Funny thing is a lot of people make judgement/opinions without even having driven the car....

I just put the thread up as some people were geunuinely interested about it and asked on facebook or chatbox or whatever. And tbh I don't think I'll be at any meets in the near future, and I don't go to the cruises any more so I'm unlikely to see anyone from here.

Also who was it then? Who texted you about the exhaust (someone with a '6 I guess?)? Jealousy can be an awful thing!! lol But seriously, if people feel better by putting other people down then thats up to them really, they obviously get something from it, as I said I'm really not bothered whether anyone likes my car or anything else for that matter, I just get what I need/want for my circumstances, which will probably be different to other peoples.
Thanks given by:
Er....We all like to troll and tease... Unfortunately tom brings it onto himself in most cases.

Generally, folk on a 306 forum aren't going to have much love for a family bus now are they? especially as that person complained constantly about how shit his bargain 306 was!!! Tom knew he was going to get all sorts of replies when he started the thread hence the title.

But yea, it does start to look a bit personal against the poor boy

Love you tom

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Tbh dude ive been wondering what car you bought. Ive been keeping a close eye on jjs thread. A few years ago I didnt have any interest in that shape vectra and astra for the interior. But the vectra has grown on me a lot and id love one.
But atm the 306 is perfect for me as iys fun and cheap.
But ive always said my old mk4 astra was a much nice car to be in drive was comfy. But the 306 wins for me atm becuase its jusy characteristic and fun.
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
This is hilarious, people are taking the banter/trolling way too personally, and the only one whos taking it as its intended is tom! Lol
Ive already shared my views on the vectra so ill not go into it again but tom is obviously happy with his new car and I doubt very much hes loosing sleep over the banter he gets on here. He knows everyone is very fond of him on here nomatter how much he moans about his 'state/golf.

As said above its a 306 forum so why would you expect anything other than 'blinkers' from its members?
Think its time some people took a step back and had a word with themselves instead of throwing the dummy out over nothing.
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 07:06 PM)Curt Wrote: I've always said about the blinkers most people have on on this forum... I know it's a common thing and most will have it, but I've never quite experienced the "everything else is shit" thing as much anywhere else. It's a shame really as the community itself is the best going IMO.

Personally, the Vectra doesn't do anything for me and I can't see me ever having one... but if you're happy then that's all that matters. People want different things from cars at the end of the day. Whereas the Vectra is lovely and quiet for you, it's boring for me... it's down to opinion.

Anyway, hope it serves you well and gives you one less thing to moan about Tongue

Totally agreed Curt! I wouldn't buy an MX5 in my current circumstances, tiny boot space, small, noisy, rough ride and I'll guess the mpg isn't great - but really none of that matters to yourself or any one else that buys them! And I'd certainly drive one if the other options were walk or take a HDi! Itwasntme

I won't stop moaning though, I'll find something else to moan about. lol

(25-03-2013, 07:31 PM)Arron Wrote: Er....We all like to troll and tease... Unfortunately tom brings it onto himself in most cases.

Generally, folk on a 306 forum aren't going to have much love for a family bus now are they? especially as that person complained constantly about how shit his bargain 306 was!!! Tom knew he was going to get all sorts of replies when he started the thread hence the title.

But yea, it does start to look a bit personal against the poor boy

Love you tom

Naww, thats nice, not sure you're my type though Arron.... Confused lol

Honestly, I don't take it to heart though, I certainly don't sit here upset about the fact some guys on a Peugeot forum don't like my new Vauxhall lol. Admittedly some people do go too far and pass the line of banter right through to the line of boredom, but the banterous replies are usually funny. I troll just as much as anyone else half the time, you can't epect to give and not take! If I really felt like I was being victimised or anything I would obviously stop it or report the posts, I've never felt that necessary though.

(25-03-2013, 07:32 PM)kentiiboii Wrote: Tbh dude ive been wondering what car you bought. Ive been keeping a close eye on jjs thread. A few years ago I didnt have any interest in that shape vectra and astra for the interior. But the vectra has grown on me a lot and id love one.
But atm the 306 is perfect for me as iys fun and cheap.
But ive always said my old mk4 astra was a much nice car to be in drive was comfy. But the 306 wins for me atm becuase its jusy characteristic and fun.

Your previous reply (that Dan highlighted) didn't come across very well, although I'm sure it wasn't meant in the way that it did come across which is why I didn't argue it. Smile

And yeah if someone had told me last year I'd be smoking a pipe, wearing slippers and driving a Vectra I'd have laughed at it (mainly because my new Golf was gonna be so reliable it'd last me forever...) but also becuase I was never a fan of them. Horrible memories of going on holiday in my dads '89 Cavalier I think! But when i actually looked at them properly, the spec list, the engine spec etc and the cheapness to run I was really impressed for how much they cost now. And the drive is surprisingly nice.

No doubt the 306 is more fun, I took the HDi for a last thrash this morning, and while it was noisy, uncomfortable, kept slipping tyres or clutch yet much slower than the Vec, all the control are difficult and heavy and I kept bashing my knee turning corners due to the awful seat position.........I really will miss ragging it around.

But for the most part I dont rag around, I do boring journeys with old ladies, wheeled walkers and bags of shopping. Or a slow trip to town behind people that cant read speed limit signs, give way markings or keep a constant speed.

Dont get me wrong, ragging a slow diesel with WOT everywhere and smoke billowing, tailgating everyone then doing dodgy slow overtakes is fun and gives an adrenaline rush.

But I'd much rather just sit back in comfort at a steady pace with a bit of Emile Sande on the stereo and just relax..... The car is pretty much the only place I get time completely to myself so the only chance I get of relaxation, and the 306 just didn't do that for me. Smile
Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 08:05 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: This is hilarious, people are taking the banter/trolling way too personally, and the only one whos taking it as its intended is tom! Lol
Ive already shared my views on the vectra so ill not go into it again but tom is obviously happy with his new car and I doubt very much hes loosing sleep over the banter he gets on here. He knows everyone is very fond of him on here nomatter how much he moans about his 'state/golf.

As said above its a 306 forum so why would you expect anything other than 'blinkers' from its members?
Think its time some people took a step back and had a word with themselves instead of throwing the dummy out over nothing.

I think you've missed the point somewhat. Nobody is saying Tom isn't taking banter as intended, he's on the wind up most of the time so he know exactly what to expect.

The point is, just because a car posted on the forum isn't a 306, doesn't mean it's automatically shit. Which is what you get on here for the most part... Yes it's a 306 forum, but when is it ever a bad thing to have an open mind? This is what I'm getting at. It's something I don't see so much on other forums, where there can be a bit more of an open minded way of thinking.

I'm not one of the people that needs to take a step back and take a wider view.
Thanks given by:
Dont mind Vectra C's myself, They look good with 19's and a big drop. Too boring for my tastes in standard form though but it looks a good buy that'll serve its purpose well.
Team hand-painted-commercial Vehicle
Thanks given by:
Wow dan you really are a blinkered cu*t aren't you? Maybe if you read the thread properly instead of just reading what you want to read just because you want a argument, you would see there is a lot of valid points and I do believe me nor anyone else has said he should of got a 306. All I've said is personally, I think for what Tom wants (from lots of previousl threads, mpg, spec and comfort) he should of considered something else like a 407. And I'm not just saying that because its a pug. Personally I don't like them but it would be ideal for him.

But then again dan, no one can have a opinion on here can they without you throwing your toys out of the pram like you seem to do all the time recently. If you don't like it on here, why don't you f*ck off?

(25-03-2013, 07:06 PM)Curt Wrote: I've always said about the blinkers most people have on on this forum... I know it's a common thing and most will have it, but I've never quite experienced the "everything else is shit" thing as much anywhere else. It's a shame really as the community itself is the best going IMO.

Careful showing your opinion about a vectra there curt. Every time you do, Dan kills a kitten in anger.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
That wasnt intended for you curt tbh mate, im just saying people are getting wound up about nothing.
Come on lets face it 90% of people on here arent gonna be cumming in their pants over a vauxhall rep car!

The vectra as tom says is quiet, smooth, economical etc etc which im sure it does very well but on the other hand its not gonna light up your face on a twisty b road is it?

306s are noisy, rattly and not all that well equipped but show it some twistys and theres nothing in their price range that will touch them and im sure we can all agree on that.

The vectra obviously suits toms current situation where as as said above in others situations would seem dull and boring.

And thats not really true about everyone saying if its not a 306 its shit, there has been loads of other cars on this forum and they have had a reasonable response.
JJs vectra has its own thread, carlos's bora, your mx5 etc etc jj came round on the parade lap in a bimmer ffs! Lol

We are all car enthusiasts at the end of the day, and we all know how much people like a bit of banter and trolling on here. Imo thats what makes this forum what it is, if not it would be like most vag forums or the 6 forum, all too serious and too much arse kissing.
I've given tom stick about his golf etc but ive had 3 in the past and I go to bug jam every year. I love vags but its all about the banter.
Thanks given by:
Why is a 407 more suitable Niall?
Thanks given by:
I didn't say it was. I said in my opinion it may be. It has a bit more character (in my opinion of course but don't tell dan I said that), can get them with some very very good spec and they are bullet proof which is why cabbies use them. Would I have one, no I wouldn't because I don't need a car like that. I have the Kia for a quiet nice easy cheap ride. My next car will probably be a big powerful estate and I've got several in mind but none are a 407!

It's just pissing me off that dan keeps throwing his toys out of his pram every time someone airs their views on a Vauxhall. Personally, I really don't like them. In my opinion most are ugly and even the quick ones aren't particularly quick. So am I not allowed that opinion? Has anyone slagged your car off in your thread JJ? No. Not that I'm aware of anyway. Because most on here aren't as bad as dan is making out.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Well, that escalated quickly! I expected some banter and piss taking, not arguments!

Anyway, apart from trying to keep clear of Peugeot electrics, the 406 is a saloon isn't it? If so, no use for rear access with a boot! I looked at a few other cars (A4, passat, Alfa something or other) that although they were big, the loadspace was poor due to a having a boot rather than a hatch unfortunately.
Thanks given by:
Forgot about that so in which case, it wouldn't of been suitable. But anyway Tom, it doesn't really matter providing your happy with the car.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 08:41 PM)Niall Wrote: All I've said is personally, I think for what Tom wants (from lots of previousl threads, mpg, spec and comfort) he should of considered something else like a 407. And I'm not just saying that because its a pug. Personally I don't like them but it would be ideal for him.

This is what I'm referring to though, why when the Vectra ticks all the boxes, would he consider something else? If you don't like them either, why in your opinion is it any more ideal for him?

Sorry but I am swaying to Dans point of view on this one.
Thanks given by:
ALL VAUXHALLS ARE WANK!!!! Popcorn
Thanks given by:
Well yeah if the vectra ticks all of toms boxes, my opinion doesn't and shouldn't matter to Tom at all but what I'm saying is in my opinion, I would of considered a 407 or something similar (even if I did forget about load space.
If my opinion is that I don't like vectras, why would I consider one if I was in toms shoes? I wouldn't!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(25-03-2013, 09:17 PM)Oil-burner Wrote: ALL VAUXHALLS ARE WANK!!!! Popcorn

Only thing I could fault against my astra was it was slow (being a 8v). And that the arches rot.
Other than that theyve never ever let me down the 8v engines are bullet proof.
1.4 8v never had oil or water az it had a leak. Thrashed everywhere doing takeaways 5 days a week. Never missed a beat in 20k miles.
1.6 8v heaters stopped working so we changed all head gasket thermo and belts becuase the thermo was behind the belts and decided as I got head gasket for nothing well do it too. But did 15k in that and the car rotted before it died.
My little 1.2 8v corsa. Thats done 135k miles I only done 3k in it but havnt spent a penny on it. Could seriously do with service as engine sounds like shit but it kept going. All it needed for mot was a few spots of welding to replace someone elses shitty welding. Not bad for a 18 year old small engine car thats done miles most diesels have
#2 Moonstone Blue HDI
Thanks given by:
Vauxhalls just fail to be emotive cars IMO, and I've grown up around them. You always get the impression they were built to a strict price. Tons of toys, but often in a low-rent package with very under-styled interior/exterior.

That's not to say they don't have their place. The 306 is not better than any Vauxhall it pre-dates, if that makes sense. But at least the 306 is emotive somewhat. The Vectra does make for an un-enthusiastic ownership proposal IMO.

But none of that matters, since the car will serve its purpose and do it well. I do feel that Tom is looking at it through rose-tinted glasses however, and I also think he's been ripped off too, looking at similar prices in the classifieds. In immaculate condition the car is worth 2900 from a dealer...

I hope you enjoy it Tom, but I also really hope you don't spout on about it on a 306 owners forum like its the second coming of Christ, especially in such un-related threads! (Shhh nobody utter the letters MPG!)
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
For once CAR, i agree with you. All cars serve a purpose wether they be toys, economical or family practical and toms needs are obviously different to most of ours. Just seems that since we have all become members of Dans Nazi nation, we are not allowed our own opinion on this!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Bollocks... I miss all the fun Sad
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol at jj and dan, on a peugeot enthusiast forum expecting everyone not to like peugeots and prefer other cars.
theres a lot of other cars out there granted that id prefer but circumstances dont allow me to own them, id rather save money towards something else.
a vauxhall vectra is not something i would choose, think theyre fugly, although gimme a saab 93(practically same car underneath) any day.
i also wouldnt have a 407 near me, economy wise you want a 1.6hdi but then youre waiting for engine to blow...

really if you think everyone on here should get other cars than 306s and if they dont agree with you theyre an arsehole then why bother coming here.

personally i love peugeots, currently have a 406 for my daily and for a big barge it surprisingly handles very well, better than passats ive driven for example, dont think everyone should own them or get my knickers in a twist cos someone has a different car than id choose

so in short, lighten the f*ck up ThumbsUp
Thanks given by:
Hope you're happy with yourself Tom...

Causing all this with your pipemobile'.

You should be ashamed.

(Disclaimer: sarcastic banter intended, not to be taken as evilfritzelnazishit)
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hate facebook DeeTurbo 5 3,721 23-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Last Post: JTaylor2005
  Think I hate insurance Matt 26 6,089 18-10-2015, 09:03 AM
Last Post: highwayman306
  So you're not gonna believe what got delivered today. Dum-Dum 30 13,415 04-02-2015, 05:59 PM
Last Post: puglove