Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jake's Black PH1 DTuuuurbo.
declantg Wrote:you running defilter?
panel filter =\
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Its not filtering very will if its letting stones that size though lol

Some good progress there though, take it Dan got the exhaust housing off the turbo in the end then Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

My flickr photostream - http://www.flickr.com/photos/markairey
Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:Its not filtering very will if its letting stones that size though lol

Some good progress there though, take it Dan got the exhaust housing off the turbo in the end then Big Grin

Hah yeah that's off had to get his dad to get the circlip(sp?) off though, took three of us, god knows how you would do it on your own!
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:
mark_airey Wrote:Hah yeah that's off had to get his dad to get the circlip(sp?) off though, took three of us, god knows how you would do it on your own!

The circlip on the compressor housing is a bastard, I got mine off on my own but could I f*ck get it back on again lol

It will be totally different to drive with that on, don't just mash the throttle down, feed it in until you get spooled up or everything behind you will die lmao
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
i say floor it in 2nd from standing Wink
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:i say floor it in 2nd from standing Wink

which would be fine as the turbo would be well away before you dropped the clutch but I have a feeling the clutch wouldn't thank you for it, they don't like 4k drag launches in 2nd ninja
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
im sure the clutch will cope, im not sure anyone behind will survive the soot though
[Image: 306ocsig_edited-1-1.jpg]

306 HDI, soon to be XUD
Thanks given by:
declantg Wrote:im sure the clutch will cope, im not sure anyone behind will survive the soot though

of course I would have no idea about any of this but its fine if you do it from a standing start, bit smokey but not half as bad as matting your foot in third at 1.5k rpm
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
mark_airey Wrote:
declantg Wrote:im sure the clutch will cope, im not sure anyone behind will survive the soot though

of course I would have no idea about any of this but its fine if you do it from a standing start, bit smokey but not half as bad as matting your foot in third at 1.5k rpm
30mph in 5th with an 11mm head is epic Big Grin lol
[Image: IMG_20130925_181339_zps95df48fa.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Finished up for the night now. Got the exhaust elbow lined up so its ready to be bolted on at the right angle etc and just need to make a few wedges for the mani > turbo fitting. Got a few photos but cbf to upload anything now, bedtime! lol

Oh and yes mark, that exhaust housing was a lady garden. I spent about an hour smacking it with a lump hammer haha
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:of course I would have no idea about any of this but its fine if you do it from a standing start, bit smokey but not half as bad as matting your foot in third at 1.5k rpm
30mph in 5th with an 11mm head is epic Big Grin lol[/quote]

You want to try a big turbo that doesn't come on boost until 3k Big Grin

30mph in 5th is great for tailgaters though, lol

Dan! Wrote:Finished up for the night now. Got the exhaust elbow lined up so its ready to be bolted on at the right angle etc and just need to make a few wedges for the mani > turbo fitting. Got a few photos but cbf to upload anything now, bedtime! lol

Oh and yes mark, that exhaust housing was a vajayjay. I spent about an hour smacking it with a lump hammer haha

good work, got the actuator in OK then?? its a shame that manifold is such a shit design compared to the T2 one!

I told you the exhaust housing was a shite to remove lol described method worked then I take it? Big Grin
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:

There is. Spanking new Valeo in there do will last a while !

& @ mark I am defiantly going to have to change my driving style with this on!
I'm used to mashing my foot in every ware I go!
Not going to be the case now though, going to have to run on top mount for the the rest of the month! ,
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Even on a new clutch, 4k in 2nd and slipping the clutch won't be good....thought I'd f*cked mine the day after the map lol.....think I preffered the 1.4 where I could slip it and dump it all the time with no issues. lmao
Thanks given by:
Toxic-Jake Wrote:There is. Spanking new Valeo in there do will last a while !

& @ mark I am defiantly going to have to change my driving style with this on!
I'm used to mashing my foot in every ware I go!
Not going to be the case now though, going to have to run on top mount for the the rest of the month! ,

Clutch should hold it no problem, mine occasionally slips if you accelerate hard in 5th from like 80MPH

It will be fine on a TMIC you just need to learn how to do mechanical sympathy and don't let it get too hot lol
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Well. The turbo is on! We Haven't quite finished putting the rest of it back together yet though, had a problem with the exhaust outlet not quite mateing with the decat/downpipe, so will be chopping & welding the decat tomorrow to make it fit.

All in all though it's not far off being back on the road, need to fit the exhaust, put the interwarmer back on and then fill & bleed the coolent system! Then I can get her started up and see if the blue smoke has stopped !

Her are some pics of today's progress for those that don't have me on face book;
Of the
[Image: 568cced9-13bb-e862.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-13cc-202e.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-13d8-965a.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-1414-16cc.jpg][Image: 568cced9-143c-2e58.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-1452-cb74.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-14a3-9851.jpg]

Then it started to rain so we got out the ghetto anti rain device!
Scaffolding & tarpaulin;

[Image: 568cced9-14f1-8d77.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-1505-946a.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-1511-6a5f.jpg]
[Image: 568cced9-151e-6997.jpg]

Then in goes the turbo!
[Image: 568cced9-1531-dac4.jpg]
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
Not worth running an mbc?
Thanks given by:
turbo build looks pretty tidy mate! fingers crossed its all sorted

also, i love your car a tiny bit...
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
4WayDiablo Wrote:Not worth running an mbc?

Yeah will be doing but because of the bank holiday weekend can't get hold of anything, will be sorting that out once it's back on the road, will only be running low boost to start with anyway..

& cheers Sam' Smile
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
if you were having smoke issues then i would wash out the TMIC and all the boost hoses before you refit them to get any oil out Smile

other than that, looks like good progress mate, you will love it when its back together!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Thats a pretty inpressive stone. Good thing it didnt end up in your inlet or itd of lunched your engine too.
Thanks given by:
Well there's good news and bad news.
Good news is that the turbo is on and the car is back together.

Bad news is I'm pretty sure the head gasket has blown, extreme pressurising of the coolant system when engine is turned over.

Going to get the head off tomorrow and see if the head is warped an then get it skimmed if it is. Get a New gasket kit and see if that solves the problem,

As you can imagine we are extremely pissed off because just last week the turbo and cam belt were both off!

Now going to have to strip it all back off to get to the bloody head again! Garr.

/rant
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
ahh that really sucks man, although atleast now you stand best chance of not destroying bits, get it all torqued up properly and so on
Thanks given by:
Gutted mate! Hope you get it sorted!
Team Orange Engine Bay

Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear it Sad what colours the oil and coolant? Usually a good indication.
Turbo looks tidy. Can't wait to get mine on.
Stage 2 XUD Sedan
Thanks given by:
Arrgghghrgghagrggrhhhhh
Thanks given by:
Good work with the turbo, sucks about the hg..

Tbh its generally always worth getting heads done / fresh gasket before pushing xuds to hard, particually with big blowers, as they have generally always done 100k+ now, which is alot on a weak ally head / orignal mating, does them a world of good to refresh the gasket / valve seats and seals and do the clearances, nice skim and bolt down, provided you dont overheat, do another 100k quite happily.

I know the feeling though having it all apart, and then having to strip the same shit over and over, gets frustrating!
| Dyno Power Runs & Steady State Facilities Available, Just Ask Anytime |
| #DervMafia |

[Image: sigi-2.png]
Thanks given by:
Yeah at least it should be ready to go once the HG's sorted. Not surprised it went though tbh, considering the state of the waterpump and the fact it had basically no coolant in it when it was last driven (because of the leaky waterpump)

Such a bastard considering it was all apart last weekend and to do the HG then would have been easy, but no we've built it back up and now gotta strip it back down! Fail.

Ohwell, will get there in the end Smile
Thanks given by:
Ah bad luck guys, I know the frustration of of putting everything back together and finding something else broken, hope you get it sorted soon, it'll be worth it when its done. Smile
Thanks given by:
Once again... In peices!

[Image: 5284d77b-49e1-a0ca.jpg]

And here is the turbo on if anyone hasn't seen.
[Image: 5284d4b3-4a26-cf26.jpg]
On the 306 waiting list.
Thanks given by:
was thinking " jesus LOADS of room back there..." then thought, engine forward Doh

looks good mate Smile
Diablo Hdi Dturbo and 205 1.9 project - it lives!
Thanks given by: