Locked out

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked out
So I'm locked out of the pug and the battery has gone flat.

Is there anyway of opening the bonnet or getting into the car? I would use my key but the locks don't match the key.

I had thought of putting a screwdriver through lock but don't really want to do that unless its a last resort.
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2013, 04:24 PM)MarkTD Wrote: So I'm locked out of the pug and the battery has gone flat.

Is there anyway of opening the bonnet or getting into the car? I would use my key but the locks don't match the key.

I had thought of putting a screwdriver through lock but don't really want to do that unless its a last resort.

you have pm sir
Thanks given by:
Thanks puggie
Thanks given by:
Apologies to the people who say 'holy thread revival'
Im in the same situation, anyone got any tips of how to get back in? Im thinking its jack up and wheels off?
Thanks given by:
So your key doesnt match the locks?!

Ive got an idea but dont fancy posting it publicly!!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by: MY95
Hi Piggy, Rallye de-locked so no way of getting in that way, PM me if you need to Smile
Thanks given by:
Jack it up and you can just get your arm up behind the bumper to undo the bonnet catch. In future. Leave a small cable hanging down behind the battery (well sealed) from the battery so you can hook up a trickle charger and unlock the car.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Repped Niall!
Thanks!
Behind the rad im guessing? doesn't seem to be much room to get your hand up there at a quick glance but that's what I thought
Thanks given by:
Yeah. Its right fiddly but it can be done. Or, if you can grab hold of the cable at some point along the slam panel, you can pull it just enough to pop the catch. Again, bloody fiddly.
Worst case is if you struggle with that, smash the grill and you will have the catch right in front of you but obviously then you need a new grill
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Cheers!
Grille not the best option as not the easiest to find a cherry red one!
Gunna have to find someone with massively long arms for getting in round the bumper way id think aha
Thanks given by:
Jack it up high enough and you can get right up there to the shoulder (theres a joke there somewhere)
Its not that difficult at all tbh.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
You got in? If not pm me and I will tell you how to open the door without any damage

Thanks given by:
Hi everyone.

Same situation has happened to me.
Locks have been changed from original (cheap ebay stuff).

Battery is flat and can't get inside.

Maybe someone can guide me, how to get in a car.
Thanks given by:
Right now only solution i can think of is breaking rear window, to get inside.

Maybe someone can PM me less destructive way to get inside?

Boot is unlocked, but can't lower seats from behind (sedan).

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
If it's just a flat battery, not a lost key, then you can get in easily. Just get another battery or a jump pack, earth the black lead, and put the red lead on the fat starter motor cable. This should energise the car so you can unlock with the fob as normal. Be VERY careful not touch the other starter cable, especially if you've left it in gear, as you'll end up running yourself over...
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Current draw when locked jammapic 4 1,818 09-09-2013, 01:28 PM
Last Post: jammapic