Doorman

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doorman
(12-04-2013, 12:16 AM)Dicky Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 12:04 AM)Kas1990 Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 03:11 AM)Dicky Wrote: Anyone else a doorman here?

Basically I've been working the doors for 8 months now in 2 rough clubs in a small town near me, had a few slaps and this and that which I can deal with having boxed for 7 years along with Muai Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Few weeks ago something happened with one of guys who work on the doors with me, cut the story short he had a hiding and had to have 6 titanium plates in his face.. he was the only person on the front door that night.

Think it's time I got some type of insurance, what do you have? or which do you guys think I should get?

Back on topic the company he's with with should have employee liabilty insurance whether he's had to contribute to it (like I did 6 quid per week) or not he should be covered to have legal representation for claim for his distress and pain/loss of wages and normal functionality! Tell him its well worth talking to someone I'm in my final stages of my claim and its looking bright after 2-3 years of letters and court hearing. Hope it helps mate.

(12-04-2013, 12:03 AM)Dicky Wrote: Only worked for RAS / Machnamara mate, looking to go to another company soon

Not heard of them bud my lass just come back from grandads in Wales near sideside rhayl I would spell it but not sure what its called. Iv worked for local firm and professional security who are quite big all over uk.
Had so many chances to get into G4S but never taken them because of the bad reputation they have, along with the fact they take on and lay off all the time!

I REALLY wanna do my CP license when I have abit more money, but heard its hard to get into unless you have an ex-forces background.

Its not hard to get into mate, I had the chance after I did the Olympics but was 3k for the course and you need first aid, preferably FPOS
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 12:25 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote:
(12-04-2013, 12:04 AM)Kas1990 Wrote: Back on topic the company he's with with should have employee liabilty insurance whether he's had to contribute to it (like I did 6 quid per week) or not he should be covered to have legal representation for claim for his distress and pain/loss of wages and normal functionality! Tell him its well worth talking to someone I'm in my final stages of my claim and its looking bright after 2-3 years of letters and court hearing. Hope it helps mate.

Not heard of them bud my lass just come back from grandads in Wales near sideside rhayl I would spell it but not sure what its called. Iv worked for local firm and professional security who are quite big all over uk.
Had so many chances to get into G4S but never taken them because of the bad reputation they have, along with the fact they take on and lay off all the time!

I REALLY wanna do my CP license when I have abit more money, but heard its hard to get into unless you have an ex-forces background.

Its not hard to get into mate, I had the chance after I did the Olympics but was 3k for the course and you need first aid, preferably FPOS
The price is down to £1400 now, plus I've done FPOS.. did it 2 or so years ago so maybe I'd need a refreshers course
MG ZR TD+ - gone and easily forgotten
Fabia vRS PD130 - New daily
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Yeah you can get it cheap, but wih the expensive ones they guarantee work lol
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 12:28 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Yeah you can get it cheap, but wih the expensive ones they guarantee work lol
When my babies born I'll take a look further down that route I guess, btw don't you do security in tesco or something like that?
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Yeah mate, used to be in the shops but im down the warehouse in magor now, 6 12 hours then 3 off, so 72 hours 1 week 60 the next lol
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 12:35 AM)Seb_Ryan Wrote: Yeah mate, used to be in the shops but im down the warehouse in magor now, 6 12 hours then 3 off, so 72 hours 1 week 60 the next lol
Thought I remember seeing you did tesco through an argument on facebook lmao, actually haven't applied for tesco or asda yet will more than likely try them too!
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Tss is the company, always having new starters etc, pretty gd company to be fair lol, I cant remember what argument that was lol
Thanks given by:
On ceriann holsburt status ages ago, cheers bud ill give them a try!
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Ahh right yeah with some chopsy idiot haha. Based in bristol theh are, normally got jobs on the jobseekers website every few weeks, only 6.30 an hour but they got a thing called pma where you only get taxxed about £1 summat a day lol
Thanks given by:
(12-04-2013, 12:04 AM)Kas1990 Wrote:
(10-03-2013, 03:11 AM)Dicky Wrote: Anyone else a doorman here?

Basically I've been working the doors for 8 months now in 2 rough clubs in a small town near me, had a few slaps and this and that which I can deal with having boxed for 7 years along with Muai Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

Few weeks ago something happened with one of guys who work on the doors with me, cut the story short he had a hiding and had to have 6 titanium plates in his face.. he was the only person on the front door that night.

Think it's time I got some type of insurance, what do you have? or which do you guys think I should get?

Back on topic the company he's with with should have employee liabilty insurance whether he's had to contribute to it (like I did 6 quid per week) or not he should be covered to have legal representation for claim for his distress and pain/loss of wages and normal functionality! Tell him its well worth talking to someone I'm in my final stages of my claim and its looking bright after 2-3 years of letters and court hearing. Hope it helps mate.

(12-04-2013, 12:03 AM)Dicky Wrote: Only worked for RAS / Machnamara mate, looking to go to another company soon

Likewise they've just been recently recruiting in Sheffield for stewards but on a as an when needed basis (good way to get foot in door but lengthy process). Oh yeah since there f**k up with Olympics and basically using staff and chucking em out its abit taboo now! Securitas are worth a look into mate! Quality perks decent pay and loads of main contracts!

Oh yeah £2000+ unless you've got true potential ex military armed forces swat or owt. I fancied my self a bodyguard until I found out how much hassle it is to get there! Although securitas do put perminant staff through all needed badges I.e CCTV, DS, SG & CP for free!
Thanks given by:
Securitas is run by the same family as g4s lol, brothers IIRC, I did the olympics, got paid £14 an hour for being a team leader and £9 when I wasnt, I got paid etc so.. diff story In england though
Thanks given by:
Seb, Tss = total security services right? if it is i've applied for them 2-3 times in the past.

I've heard a few good things about Securitas especially about their Cash in Transit
Astra H VXR - new toy!
Thanks given by:
Yes mate, I applies for a few, give us ya name and ill speak to my manager lol
Thanks given by:
(13-03-2013, 05:11 PM)Y444TES Wrote: Pepper spray them and get done for having a firearm and that carries a minimum of 5 years in prison be better to beat them with a baton or something.

Small tin of de-icer or similar just as good haha
[Image: J5hxCcC.jpg]
Thanks given by: