Pesky rock

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pesky rock
[Image: 306-1.jpg]

On my way to work this morning on the A602 just joining the A10 Dual Carriageway and halfway down the slip-road I come across a couple of big-ass rocks. positioning the car above the biggest one and braking hard I collided with another one, instantly wrecking my front passenger wheel and tyre Sad

The best was yet to come; fitting the spare wheel at the end of the slip-road with no hard shoulder. My car-sharing colleague put on a Hi-vis and took the little triangle 50 yards up the road. wheel changed in 6-7 minutes and drove straight to the garage - it was pulling badly to the left on the way Sad

So if anyone has a spare Cyclone and is local to Hertfordshire please let me know!!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Ah mann not good.

Could be a lot worse, we had a customers 911 in, 168 miles on the clock, floor pan totally destroyed by a brick someone left in the road!
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge for prime minister.
Poodle Wrote:I reckon Norledge has got it on the head mind.
Matt-Rallye Wrote:Norledge gets my vote tbh.
Thanks given by:
Damn, bet that sorta stuff falls off overloaded skips all the time.
Thanks given by:
Yep, massive it was, about the size of two house bricks.

Knew instantly the tyre was toast, was amazed how the wheel now has a big ol' dent in it.

Was quite impressed with how quick I got it all swapped over bearing in mind the conditions and that the spare wheel cradle is f*cked!! And yes, I did initially drive off with the cradle dragging along the ground!
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
I hit debris too. Costing me £62 for a new michelin ps3 fitted.
Thanks given by:
That's not bad. I have Michelin PS2's on the front, so I'm not sure I'll even be able to find another one quickly that matches...
Thanks given by:
is the wheel not repairable car? if it is might be worth using it as a spare when you sort out a replacement wheel.
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2014, 02:32 PM)C.A.R. Wrote: That's not bad. I have Michelin PS2's on the front, so I'm not sure I'll even be able to find another one quickly that matches...

its not bad but its £62 more than I wanted to spend!
Thanks given by:
I've a spare cyclone if you're passing DN12 way anytime Smile
Phase 1 D-Turdo, K14@24 psi, De-cat, meaty backbox, Bosch pump, grinded LDA pin, duel air fed K&N =133.7bhp & 188ft/lbs
Thanks given by:
(27-11-2014, 02:36 PM)procta Wrote: is the wheel not repairable car? if it is might be worth using it as a spare when you sort out a replacement wheel.

Cyclones are dirt cheap anyway.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
It'll likely be one of those silly situations where it will work out cheaper to get a complete set of cyclones than buying a single!
Glad your ok though dude, could have been a lot worse!
Supercharged XUD Project - Dead

HDi Cabby Project Click
Thanks given by:
I'm sure someone on here could sell him one cheaply.
This post is an artistic work of fiction and falsehood. Only a fool would take anything posted above as fact.

62k Diablo Phase 1 Gti-6:
Project Thread
Thanks given by:
Hmm, that's not good!

I saw a massive lump of scrap metal fall out of a scrap container lorry over a bump last week. Fortunately fell towards the verge not towards me but I did wonder how often it happens!!
Thanks given by: