Forged engine build, to go in the 3 door project car. Parts and advice needed guys.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forged engine build, to go in the 3 door project car. Parts and advice needed guys.
Like the hispec's, what disk are you running?
[Image: Cn91r40h.jpg] 
Astor 6 Fast road/track project
Thanks given by:
Gti6 discs.
Thanks given by:
Deffo need to see this in the flesh coming along amazingly
Got to love it when you have no ideaDodgy
Thanks given by:
So brackets are done, just need to buy some nice piping and get the oil line made up.

Then it's just driveshafts, fluids, test everything and sort out any issue/gremlins.

Good news is I had two job offers yesterday, I picked one and now I have an income so spending a bit of cash is not a problem anymore.

Here are some pics.

[Image: B0CEFA59-E05D-4DF1-BFC3-737C8B9EAFB4_zpsdryjez9m.jpg]
[Image: EAA25008-383A-46DF-920D-A6D56F0C6600_zpsujgtnhou.jpg]
[Image: AC3D6FC4-8570-4F74-AD44-7AB98CED3550_zpsytithy60.jpg]
[Image: 48B7F62C-7015-4022-BF98-E0E616DDA9A2_zpsn0rq1lut.jpg]
[Image: 229F2581-E7C8-4F11-94CF-9C7A99B4BC6F_zpsotcjpzvq.jpg]
[Image: 3BA59BE4-10E0-45A6-A744-9D3498061BEF_zpsclyvh0p3.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good mark, it had gone quiet so thought you'd sold it lol

Congrats on the job Smile

Is it me or in the last pic the exhaust needs more welding?
[Image: siggy1.jpg]

the smokey old bus that sounds like a tractor...
Thanks given by:
Just a mock up with left over piping. Just in the process of buying all new piping.
Thanks given by:
Ah good, thought I could see a weld or 10 missing lol

Thanks given by:
Just bought all the piping. So hopefully will be delivered soon enough.
Thanks given by:
Good stuff fella Smile

Good to hear you're back in employment and things are back on track Smile

Thanks given by:
Yea just have to see if it actually turns over and starts and runs. Since it's not really a proven engine.

Then it will be to find out how laggy it is, which to be honest I am not to worried about as I think it's just a standard clutch inside the box. So will need to do some saving to change that and anything else.

If it lasts a year it would be helpful.
Thanks given by:
Nice little wheel project for the weekend.

[Image: B66290CA-E37A-475D-90AA-FA7A3CBDC107_zps4kpvsgu6.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Gunmetal grey. 4 coats. Just finished number 6.

Tomorrow is pearlizer day. Smile

[Image: 009692549714df4fb333bacefee40cd0_zpsa3d73d74.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So I unpeeled both the alloys. The plasti dip went down fine and looked great. Really should have taken a pic outside in the sunlight but I forgot. The problem was the pearlizer. No idea why both on both alloys, both times I tried it. As soon as the pearlizer died it turn areas of the dip into loose dead skin. Ie pulled it away from the alloy. So sacked that in for the time.

Yesterday was my birthday, so went up to kris's and worked on the car. We have sorted the exhaust side of the turbo all welded up, and fits, just need to sort the manifold from engine to turbo now. Also played around with the loom getting it to sit right and re taping everything up.

In the process of buying a turbo oil line and getting together some braided fuel lines for bits and pieces around the engine bay.
Thanks given by:
Thought I would update this since it's been a while. Waiting on a pipe from the welder, and then we should be able to turn it over and test it ready for the MOT. Electrics seem to work bar the indicators and the number 11 fuse keeps popping. Still need to align the bonnet and sort out a few issues with the interior. But here are the pics from the exterior so far.

[Image: A6DF00DD-B71E-4F01-8A71-D6A8D06707A2_zpsy2nxk4nb.jpg]

[Image: 7A4BEBB8-B5AF-4114-AEC4-DE9893CB3B4D_zpsv5jfxuf1.jpg]

[Image: 6EC62428-5190-4D6F-8D9F-910BDE959915_zps7uybxo7m.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Looking good mate, hows the turbo piping.
Thanks given by:
Yea it's almost done. Need to work out the external waste gate and whether to have a screamer pipe.
Thanks given by:
Is this on the road yet?
Thanks given by:
No lack of money, job and time when I have a job is the main problem.

So we are going to have to change the dash loom, found and fixed most of the problems, but also found loads of burnt wires moulded together. I have a new loom from a scrap yard with kris yesterday. Next weekend we should have it swapped out and be back on track.
Thanks given by:
Can't wait to see this finished mark Smile

Thanks given by:
Me too.

Had a bit of forward movement today, got the dash refitted all the electrics work Smile just need to change the blower motor and hope they work.

Saturday will be to fix all the interior, wrap the turbo manifold and downpipe. Then we can look at fitting them and actually starting the engine.

Hopefully all will go well with that Smile
Thanks given by:
Would be nice to have it back on the road before you hit the 2 year mark.
Thanks given by:
(24-08-2014, 03:45 PM)Pompey306mark Wrote: No lack of money, job and time when I have a job is the main problem.

So we are going to have to change the dash loom, found and fixed most of the problems, but also found loads of burnt wires moulded together. I have a new loom from a scrap yard with kris yesterday. Next weekend we should have it swapped out and be back on track.

wont take you long to fit that in, are you thinning the loom out?
takes time as you say, plus if the cash isn't there your stuck, lucky for me it was a straight swop over ( un bolt and disconnect and swop over)
Thanks given by:
Feb is going to be the 2 year make by the looks of things. But I am sure it will be finished by then.

Would not have taken so long if it hadn't been for other stuff going tits up in the other parts of my life. But slowly getting back on track with that.

Dash is already back in and working fine, just need to finish interior now
Thanks given by:
i think that manifold might leak a tadge lol

lookin really sweet mind.
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
Yea that one definitely woud. The new one should be a lot better. Hope have the interior done today bar the radio and gauges and boot popper.

Then we can go through and test everything and look at getting the mechanical things sorted.
Thanks given by:
So picked up blower motor needed for the car. So hope to have fully working electrics tomorrow. Now luck on mint door cards so will just have to fit the ones I have and swap them over at a later date.

Hoping to getting around to fitting the manifolds and turbo tomorrow but no guarantee on doing that due to having to go to London tomorrow to pick up something.
Thanks given by:
Blower motor still not working, so I don't think its that, have checked the fuses and all seem to be fine.

Today got the manifolds and turbo back on. Just need an oil return doing, bolt up a pipe or two then we can get its started. Then it's all electrical stuff like gauges and boot popper.

If the engine works of course.

[Image: A0EFDF02-35C5-4971-BE90-37F16E3CE135_zpsjb7yimj6.jpg]

[Image: DEB7187E-1263-41AD-9EC7-3432658CB53F_zpsubqbelfn.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Hi, loving the thread, one question. What are your headlights. Love the look of them. I guess they're like hens teeth? Cheers
Thanks given by:
Blue cibies.

Like the black masks that everyone does. Only a few sets around now.
Thanks given by:
It starts. Still needs a bit of love and care but it's a good start.

[Image: 0B502A6C-ABA9-45D6-A59D-0DC679EDEC51_zpsito7ekdx.png]
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  DeeC’s 306 VNT Turbo Build / Show Car Project darrencurry0808 63 23,012 30-12-2020, 01:45 PM
Last Post: darrencurry0808
  My first ever project and build! conorpierce 38 9,412 28-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Last Post: MY95
  Project XU7JP4...ADVICE PLEASE! RoloGTI 30 7,877 11-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Last Post: RoloGTI