Driving Experience

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Driving Experience
i did thruxton recently too

arial atom 300... mugen... smiles all round for the rest of the day
Given the choice between Niall and the sheep. I would choose the sheep!
/Toseland
Thanks given by:
(20-05-2014, 09:13 PM)Niall Wrote: To be honest, i don't care how the car drives. There is 2 cars that i just adore. DB9 and F-type R. I would give a bollock to drive them in my lifetime!

I used to look after an f type r. They are quite fun to drive although they feel like a boat on tracks. Its wierd. Really big but stick really well
On a break from 306oc for personal reasons. If anyone needs or wants me most of you have my number and or facebook messenger
Thanks for the good times guys n gals. I might be back. Who knows.
Thanks given by:
Take him to Goodwood Festival of Speed if he likes cars, it's like a mecca...
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
Did one years ago at thruxton.
Drove a porsche cayman and it was very boring. The guy in the passenger seat told me off and said he'd end the session early because I was changing gears quickly, wasn't even being brutal with the clutch just not doing it as if i was in a driving lesson. Wasn't allowed to go over 3-4k rpm and the track was very simple and dull.
Overall would not recommend
[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
I did a Vectra Super Touring one years ago at Donnington, and an off-road one in Wales in a Vauxhall Frontera. I was amazed how capable it was.
Thanks given by:
(21-05-2014, 09:56 AM)lolsteve Wrote: Did one years ago at thruxton.
Drove a porsche cayman and it was very boring. The guy in the passenger seat told me off and said he'd end the session early because I was changing gears quickly, wasn't even being brutal with the clutch just not doing it as if i was in a driving lesson. Wasn't allowed to go over 3-4k rpm and the track was very simple and dull.
Overall would not recommend

Really? When I went to thruxton they wanted me to go even faster! D:
Thanks given by:
I got a driving experience that i need to book up. Me and a mate got the same one so hope to be able to sort it to do on the same day. Think we are planning on doing it a Kenilworth. Get to drive 4 different cars so hopefully it will be decent
Thanks given by:
Done quite a few of these experience days now, and I'll mention the 2 that stand-out for me.

Lotus Elise at Silverstone - On this same day, I also had a blast in a Ferrari and Porsche 911 Turbo, and neither come close to the smiles I got driving the little Elise. Superb....only car I'd sell my 205 for.

Tiff Needell at Thruxton - No, you don't drive..you get driven or hurtled round Thruxton with super-sideways action in an E92 ltd edition M3 by Mr. Tiff Needell. Very nice chap, who after destroying a set of rear tyres showing me some smokey moves, came in for a new set before taking me back out free-of-charge for 'proper' laps of Thruxton (read no sideways shit, bouncing of kerbs and pulling some serious speeds. Holy shit that man can drive. The Lambo's/Astons/Ferraris were going backwards with the speeds Tiff was doing. Real eye opener!
Thanks given by:
Argos sell experience days some of them are on offer too
Thanks given by:
http://www.vxrpowerevents.co.uk

It's only £35 and it's only an hour of track time, but it's a bloody bargain.

Did a couple of these VXR days when they were doing them for a ton for half a day with a bunch of lads from another car club.
Croft and Rockingham.
You get to drive the cars hard, with tuition when you make mistakes and how to drive the track better.
Ultimately to get you going more rapidly and smoother whilst showing off the VXR range.

Sadly the longer session is now only open to VXR owners exclusively.
Vaux were losing a ton of money for sure in the older format.
Not helped when 20 Honda owners turn up with no intention of ever buying a VXR, just smoking them Smile
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Track Experience Mighty306 8 2,131 03-10-2017, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Alan_M
  TerraClean - Anyone have first hand experience? Ben 22 6,544 27-08-2014, 03:32 PM
Last Post: anto
  Any body have experience with rover diesels? crumpy 5 2,376 15-08-2014, 06:53 AM
Last Post: crumpy