Clutch and/or Gearbox change 205 XUD

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clutch and/or Gearbox change 205 XUD
First off I'm not sure what to do, have a go myself, pay a garage to do it, just do the clutch, change the whole gearbox etc. I'd say the simplest thing to do would be pay a garage to just change the clutch but where's the learning in that? Personally I'd like to change the gearbox over and clutch from my donor car but I have no experience with clutches and gearboxes and don't really fancy messing it up! Undecided

Having studied Darrens written explanation on his website and watched his videos on youtube is there any thing additional that can be thought of for fitting a 306 BE3 gearbox to my 205 (currently has a 205 1.8D BE2 box)?

The clutch needs replacing on it and I have a donor 306 1.9TD I can take whatever I need off of. I'll probably have a go at removing the gearbox from it along with clutch etc and then either just try to change the clutch on the 205 or replace the whole gearbox and clutch assembly.

Can someone please clarify the bits that need to be swapped from the 205 1.8D BE2 box to the 1.9DT BE3 box?

Someone on the 205 forum said:

Quote:You'll need to get a push type arm and cross-shaft, also a new clutch cable to suit the box, possibly mod the clutch pedal to post 1990 type dependent on availability of clutch cables. Also swap the diff for the 205 one and the speedo drive, also the top selector arm.

I'd assume push type arm is already on the 306 gearbox. Not really sure what he means by cross-shaft? The clutch cable from the 306 should work fine? Swapping the diff and speedo drive - anyone care to explain this further?

Here's a few pictures of my current 205 clutch/gearbox:

[Image: th_DSCF2970_zps70ce5ba7.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2971_zps029c9017.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2972_zps4c2ec89e.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2973_zps2dd70094.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2974_zps4372bdcc.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2975_zps2c3721dc.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2976_zps3657269c.jpg]

[Image: th_DSCF2977_zps550b075e.jpg]

Much kudos to any helpful replies!

Ref Darrens Vid's:
Code:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znGv4LlTYTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQjA6KGQts
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
[Image: signature.png]
Thanks given by:
I'd say have a go yourself as you say you won't learn anything if not and you have a donor car to practice on winner!
[Image: image_zps45f2003b.jpg]

Team Doesn't own a 306
Thanks given by:
Cable of 405 TD Phase 1 for no modifications clutch pulled or pushed and,
washer (rondelle alu) ahead or behind
[Image: 23709802951.jpg]
Mounting the clutch pedal 306 is useful.
There are other solutions, it's also possible to mount a BE3 / 6 on XUD7 (T)

On BE1 there is a U at the end of the cable at the end of the U axis and passes through the pedal which is also pierced.
BE3 pedal finished hook it, and the cable has a U with the axis of the plastic molded integrally.
It's impossible to mount the cable BE3 directly without modifications on BE1.
Should be cut, but it should be a model, so a modified pedal.

Based on BE1, just to change the clutch you need it :

cable + pedal + Recommends fork with lever axis and Buckle and the two guide rings fork BE3 therefore your
205 since it will be 306 BE3 gearbox XUD9TE
The stop BE1 up on BE3,but it's not ideal.
You should also stop guide and attached output gearbox.

Remains out of range as well as his patella in BE1, why must hunt from the window of a fork with a hammer
and a punch, then pull the bracket on the box and securing cable.
Finally reassemble everything in the body BE3.
Here, you have a nice Hybrid BE1 / 3 for your 2-5 XUD9.

En Français :

Sur BE1 il y a un U au bout du cable,au bout du U un axe le traverse et traverse aussi la pédale qui est trouée.
Sur la pédale de BE3 elle se finie en crochet,et le cable lui a un U avec l'axe moulé au plastique d'un seul bloc.
Il est alors impossible de monter le cable BE3 directement sans modifications sur BE1.
Il faudrait scier,mais pour cela il faudrait un modèle,donc une pédale modifiée.

Sur base de BE1,juste pour changer la commande d'embrayage il te faut :
cable + pédale + fourchette avec levier d ecommande et axe de verouillage ainsi que les 2 bagues de guidage de
fourchette de BE3 donc pour ta 205 ce sera 306 puisque boite de vitesse BE3 XUD9TE.
La butée de la BE1 monte sur la BE3 mais ce n'est pas idéal.
Il vous faut aussi guide de butée et joint de sortie de boite de vitesse.

Reste à sortir la fourchette ainsi que sa rotule de dans la BE1,pour cela il faut chasser depuis la fenetre de fourchette
avec un marteau et un chasse goupille,sortir alors l'équerre sur la boite et la fixation de cable.
Enfin remonter le tout dans le corps de BE3.
Voilà,tu as une belle Hybride BE1/3 pour ta 2-5 XUD9

I hope this is a clear minimum because my English is progressing but it's not yet ! lol
Thanks given by:
Ive just swapped my mates xud7 with an xud9 te and 306 box, everything fits fine.

You need to take the small gearbox lever off the 205 box and swap it with the 306 lever,to keep your gearshifts normal(so the linkages line up

as for the cable,ive asked this on here aswell, for the moment we have joined the old cable with a 306 cable on the g/box side, just so we can move it around my yard,until he is finished his project,he has ordered a a 306 cable,so hopefully the 306 cable will fit the 205 pedal
Thanks given by:
give it a go...just dont rush and plan ahead...so dont try an do it now ready for the morning!

and get some tubs for all the bolts and some good oil for the new box...

and we all here to help!
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, you sent me a message lol sorry dude, txt me in future Smile Id be more than happy to lend a hand. So let me get this right in my head, sorry if its written down already, but its late Tongue you have a xud9 lump, with a xud7 box and you want to fix a xud9 box instead? So is all that needs swapping up there? As it'd be an easier days work if we don't have to work out what needs swapping on the day lol
306oc Chat Wrote:15:30: Toms306 - :Genuinely thought it was gonna explode when I was playing with Sam
22:57: SRowell - :wtf why didnt you try harder to make me come!
[Image: connorsig.jpg]
Thanks given by:
When I fitted the 306 box to the 309 I found that the clutch cable from the old be1 box fitted fine.

I had to cut and shorten/reweld one of the selectors as I did not have a 205/309 box at the time to swap over
Thanks given by:
(13-02-2013, 12:45 AM)Connor Wrote: Oh yeah, you sent me a message lol sorry dude, txt me in future Smile Id be more than happy to lend a hand. So let me get this right in my head, sorry if its written down already, but its late Tongue you have a xud9 lump, with a xud7 box and you want to fix a xud9 box instead? So is all that needs swapping up there? As it'd be an easier days work if we don't have to work out what needs swapping on the day lol

Did you get my text or you changed number?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:
Well I've managed to get the gearbox etc out of the 306 so now I've just got to find someone to lend me a hand fitting it to the 205.

I want to clean up the gearbox, is brake cleaner suitable along with a wire brush? Is it ok to then paint it with black or silver hammerite?
Supercharged GTi6 Build
S14 Zenki Build
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clutch cable change not gone as planned! Milano_92 15 2,900 26-09-2014, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Milano_92
  Clutch change Slam Wagon 34 6,309 30-08-2014, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Nathan1305
  Clutch change WiNgNuTz 15 4,775 08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Last Post: puglove