Cambelt change and service

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambelt change and service
Right just got my 6 and the first thing i want to do is cambelt and waterpump change also a service

Im just wanting to get a list of all the things i need before i take it to my local garage
So far i got

Cambelt kit (what does this kit contain?)
Waterpump
Coolant (what type?)
The filters i will get from pug
Oil (what type?)

Is there anything else that i should be changing while the cambelt is getting done to save time in the future?

Cheers guys
Thanks given by:
Lower Pulley, most slip and unless your 100% sure the location of the crank then you can end up bending Valves when re-fitting the belt, Either OE Pug or Solid

Kit's contain the belt and tensioner's, Depending on the age or who serviced it before you will find either a 136 or 137 toothed belt
Thanks given by:
Anybody else?

How much coolant? What type red/blue etc
Thanks given by:
Red and total capacity is 7.6 litres
Thanks given by:
but you dont need 7.6litres of coolant...3 litres of coolant with the rest being clean water will do nicely
Wishes for more power...
Thanks given by:
Not neciarily red. It depends whats already in there. If you mix blue and red, the CAN congeal so if it has blue in at the moment, put blue in. If it has red, put red in Unless of course your willing to do a proper clean through with a proper flush. You need no more than 4 litres of coolant.
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
(24-01-2013, 03:49 PM)Niall Wrote: Not neciarily red. It depends whats already in there. If you mix blue and red, the CAN congeal so if it has blue in at the moment, put blue in. If it has red, put red in Unless of course your willing to do a proper clean through with a proper flush. You need no more than 4 litres of coolant.

Right gotya

Do they have to remove the aux belt to get to the cambelt? If so is it worth doing that aswell?
Thanks given by:
yes you do and for the sake of less than a tenner, might as well
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
Great stuff cheers
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cambelt change on XU7JP4 Morecowbell72 1 983 13-06-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: Mighty306
  Cambelt change on 1.8 16 valve lukecrowley571 4 1,257 28-07-2020, 02:51 PM