Intercooler on stage 1

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Intercooler on stage 1
Good stuff, glad to help. Let us know how you get on, will keep an eye out for your project thread. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Also worth mentioning With single pass intercoolers unless you remove the air con you can't go down the drivers side of the radiator,so you'll have to run a cross the top of the intercooler to go down the passenger side like I have.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Thanks! Haven't got a pic of that have you?

And yeah i need to get a blog going soon!
Thanks given by:
I do on my project thread pal

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
Would a 70cm x 15cm x 6.5cm intercooler fit a 306?
Thanks given by:
It would fit in the gap behind the bumper, the rest of it depends on your piping.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
this when mine was fmic'd but on stage 1, no decat and about 12psi iirc

[Image: Ty8kl7b.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Cheers poodle. And cheers midnight good sounding that Tongue
Current mods i have are decat, stage 1, mid box as a backbox, would an intercooler go well with that?
Thanks given by:
In my experience i found it just pulled alot harder all over the rev range in general once i fmic'd it, guessing it's the massive drop in charge temps though.. i got a bit bored shortly after and whacked it onto stage 2 full fat though hehe Tongue
Thanks given by:
thats my plan but upgrade my clutch first, won't be until a years time, just want the fmic to keep the passion going!
Thanks given by:
Is it worth putting silicone sealant on all the conections when im fitting the piping? They seem a really good fit, without the clamps they were tough to get back apart.
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
It wouldn't hurt tbh
Thanks given by:
Hairspray is the way forwards! it seems to lubricate them going in and then set and hold them like feck, whenever I've seen it done, its worked like a charm!
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
Right, the c5 bottom pipe has arrived, which end goes on the turbo? Because one end is 1.5inches and the other is 2.5 inches, thanks!
Thanks given by:
Smaller end, but youll need a 90°silicone bend tho
[Image: A1A3B2B1-9269-463A-9F21-2ABF4CE9BEAC-165...A3B3F7.jpg]
Thanks given by:
What size would I need? Also the c5 bottom pipe is basically 90 degree anyway?
Thanks given by:
There you go boss

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300458838044?r...26_rdc%3D1

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
And that's what connects the c5 bottom pipe to the turbo?
Thanks given by:
Thats the exact pipe i used on mine bud. Have fun getting the original turbo to inlet pipe off, i chopped mine out!

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:
So which parts connects to the bottom of the turbo and which to the top and how? Because I'm confused as sh*t lol. I know one connection to the turbo goes to the exhaust but which end does the cooler connect to?
Thanks given by:
Come on man, it's not complex, do some research already. As has already been pointed out, all this information is VERY readily available in the guide and project sections, including pictures of everything. The new turbo pipe goes on where the old turbo pipe comes off, it's impossible to get wrong.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Sorted
If you cant understand it i blame last night drinkage

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: mcetg0.png]

ZR VVC Homebrew mapping project: http://306oc.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=14360
Thanks given by:
(02-03-2013, 07:29 AM)Poodle Wrote: Come on man, it's not complex, do some research already. As has already been pointed out, all this information is VERY readily available in the guide and project sections, including pictures of everything. The new turbo pipe goes on where the old turbo pipe comes off, it's impossible to get wrong.

I've done research I've read every fmic article on here and one in tdoc, I just couldn't find a diagram of how the actual turbo is connected to everything, I understand now, thanks steve!
Thanks given by:
Lol, Steve, turdo lol
[Image: k6f9Fk]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club
Thanks given by:
What size pipe is is that goes onto the turbo? As ive got a 41mm 90 elbow but listed above is a 41-45mm reducer elbow?
[Image: sig002_zpscb892e18.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's the one I bought last night due to Arron advising me, all I need now is the 406 elbow, pipe kit and a 45 degree silicone bend for the elbow
Thanks given by:
Fair enough mate, sorry i'm not very patient in the mornings. Blush

I've got a 406 inlet elbow here, pm me if you'd like it.
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Has it got the part which connects to the silicone hose attached? I can't find one that has that part already attached haha, but yeah I'm looking for one!
Got any pics of it? And how much posted?
Thanks given by:
Have i got everything covered for the cooler yet?

1 X Intercooler
2 X 90 degree silicone elbows
1 X 45 silicone bend
Piping kit with all pipe needed, 12 X clamps and 8 X silicone straights
1 X 406 inlet elbow
1 X C5 bottom pipe
1 X 90 degree reducer elbow for turbo

Is there anything I've missed?
Thanks given by:
Might want a inlet elbow gasket. And whilst your there a egr blanking plate.

S2 HDi >click<
154bhp
280lbs/ft
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  307 1.6/2.0 HDI 110/136 Intercooler for Stage 2 MY95 13 6,511 07-05-2016, 05:46 AM
Last Post: Poodle