Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sean's (& Ed's & Scott's) Astor GTi6
Sweet. Wanted to come to Ace but I was in bed by 8:30 and absolutely shattered haha!

Just cos I was bored this lunchtime -

[Image: Silver.jpg]
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
[Image: Sig500x130.png]
Thanks given by:
could do with a wax!
i know someone who is good at it whistle
Thanks given by:
lmao Cully!! That was the funniest thing said all weekend. and based on the banter on Sunday that's saying something!!

CAR.. Shit, that actually looks pretty awesome! I dunno, either way I have no money to get them powdercoated for a little while. Probably a good thing; means I can have a good think about it. I do love how it looks ATM though...
'99 Ph3 Diablo Gti(Victor) Dead
Astor 'X' 4 GTi6-6 - SOLD! Sad
'08 LY Renault Megane RS 230 F1 Team R26 - GONE
'56 BMW Z4 Coupe 3.0si Sport - SCHWIIIING!
Thanks given by:
Ummmm.... Hindhead tunnel run?? When Max's 205 is back on the road? Big Grin
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 02:02 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: lmao Cully!! That was the funniest thing said all weekend. and based on the banter on Sunday that's saying something!!

CAR.. Shit, that actually looks pretty awesome! I dunno, either way I have no money to get them powdercoated for a little while. Probably a good thing; means I can have a good think about it. I do love how it looks ATM though...

Troll!
Team Eaton

1999 China Blue 306 GTi6 - Eaton Supercharged - 214.5bhp 181lbft
Thanks given by:
All that hard work with Gaz coilies, bigger arbs, braces, etc, then you go and put 17's on it... *shakes head*

/troll

Looked beaut at ace fella. Smile
306 HDi Deathtrap - 130bhp / 220lbft
...UPGRADING...

Thanks given by:
Why you say that Poodle? surely larger alloys with lower profile tyres aids cornering speed rather than reducing it?

I have noticed it is less compliant round bumpy corners, but its got more grip on smoother roads, and it's easier to adjust the corner angle with a flick of the wheel and a brief lift off the throttle... ninja

and yeah Eli I'm hoping to be able to pop along to the tunnel run! Big Grin
Thanks given by:
17s look excellent on a 306 but purists will always insist that 16s will be better, all opinionated of course with no real evidence to back it up! Tyres are expensive for you now though fella!

Oh, and some fat 4/6-pots need to 'fill the void' haha
Disclaimer: The above is not to be taken to heart and is probably a joke, grow up you big girl.
Thanks given by:
See I agree 17's look the tits on 306's but after going from having my 16's on for a couple of years, and going back to 15's the car drives and feels so much better, though the sp's were stupidly heavy
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
atm im loving the silver
[Image: 20A1806D-891D-40FB-BD52-AD519177A607-734...391753.jpg]
TEAM CONROD SHITTING RALLYE!
Thanks given by:
At This Moment, silve is definitely winning it for me although I'm sure my opinion will change after more photoshops.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
ATM i think white, or silver.

or green ninja
Thanks given by:
Arse To Mouth silver wins
[Image: car-1.jpg]

Member of the 99% warning or you're nothing club

2000 Moonstone 1.8 Meridian - Sold
2000 China 3dr XS - Dead
1998 Diablo 3dr XSI
Thanks given by:
I think pink.

But light blue or dark blue to show your colours for the boat race could be good.
Thanks given by:
Lol guys.

I have to say im seriously liking the silver.... But meh I've got them now and the car looks sexual, and I have no money to change the colour so they're staying anth for the time being!
sorry I meant atm...

Johnny these weigh nearly a kilo less per wheel than a clone... So the weight doesnt factor so much, and its hard to compare really as these tyres arent as trippy in the dry as spec2s so I'm not currently comparing like with like...
and the tyres aren't really worn in properly at the front either so time will tell

I have to say though the turn in is significantly improved by the reduction in profile, really does highlight how soft the sidewall is on the old spec2s...
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 09:43 PM)Ed Doe Wrote: I have to say though the turn in is significantly improved by the reduction in profile, really does highlight how soft the sidewall is on the old spec2s...

all i heard on this line was owwwwwwwww
Thanks given by:
Yeh sidewalls are ridiculously soft on spec 2's but they are epic in the dry lol, wonder how much the sp's weigh! Never tried 17's especially light ones, but I love the way mine drives on 15' steels over them, but then I had lasers before and they weigh as much as a 306 anyways lol
[Image: SDC10442-1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(06-08-2012, 09:19 PM)Niall Wrote: more photoshops.

What? More photoshops? But who could possibly be that bored?

Oh go on then.

If not silver, what about shadow chrome?

[Image: ShadowChrome.jpg]

But white would probably be cheaper...

[Image: White-1.jpg]

But if you're going for the WRC look...

[Image: Gold-1.jpg]

Or maybe you just really like Kawasaki Green...

[Image: KawasakiGreen.jpg]

Or Ferrari Torro Rosso?...

[Image: Red-1.jpg]

Sorry Ed, just really, really bored this morning already...
Thanks given by:
That gold is absolutely beautiful! Ed if you don't get that done I'm going to staple your balls to something
Thanks given by:
Gold or red would look amazing! Ed do it!!!
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Gold is win!
Thanks given by:
That's 3 votes for gold, so get a move on with it
Thanks given by:
Nah, don't like it tbh.

I'm not getting them changed for a while yet.

Thanks for the 'shops CAR, but stop making it harder for me to not get it done already lol!

I still think Silver is the winner out of the shops; the gold imo isn't right; looks a bit showy, not what I'm looking for...

Right on another note, I have a slight issue...

Now when I bought these, one of the rear tyres was quite worn from rubbing the arch on the previous owner's car...
I've obviously been 'bedding in' the tyres fairly enthusiastically over the last couple of days.... ninja but I *think* the same alloy may be catching on the arch of my car too... I'm a bit worried to drive it for too long like that, as I don't want to a. destroy a set of pretty expensive tyres, and b. have an accident by having a high-speed blow-out...

I'll post pics up when I get home, as I took the nad to work (looked like rain this morning), but am I going to have to roll the arches? I really dont want to have to modify the bodywork if I can help it tbh...
Thanks given by:
Just give them a very slight roll. Or swap the tyres for 195s as your running 205s right?
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 08:48 AM)Matt Wrote: Just give them a very slight roll. Or swap the tyres for 195s as your running 205s right?

How do you roll them without damaging the panel? seems to me every rolled arch I've seen, the rear qtr panel looks terrible afterwards...

and surely 195s arent the right fit on these alloys..?
Thanks given by:
Ed if you roll them with a proper roller,it will be fine. Iirc dum dum has one.

195s would fit fine. Would be stretched but it would barely notice. Other option is buy some wheels that actually fit properly

/troll
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 09:19 AM)Niall Wrote: Ed if you roll them with a proper roller,it will be fine. Iirc dum dum has one.

195s would fit fine. Would be stretched but it would barely notice. Other option is buy some wheels that actually fit properly

/troll

Might give Dum a buzz then...

They don't do spec2s in 195 40 17..

These wheels do fit properly.
Thanks given by:
195/40/17 is a bit of an odd size tbh. maybe consider something else other than spec 2s?

And if they rub, either your beam is fooked, your arch liner isn't clipped in properly if you even have one or the wheels don't fit properly.
Team Eaton

Thanks given by:
Judging by the look of the photos, there's no way they'd be rubbing on the outer of the arch, they're miles away...

Probably the inner arch liner where it's inevitably creased and crumpled over the years....
(16-05-2016, 10:45 AM)Toms306 Wrote: Oh I don't care about the stripped threads lol, that's easily solved by hammering the bolt in. Wink
Nanstone GTD5 GT17S - XUD9TE
Volvo V50 D5 R-Design SE Sport - Daily cruise wagon.
Thanks given by:
(07-08-2012, 09:35 AM)Niall Wrote: 195/40/17 is a bit of an odd size tbh. maybe consider something else other than spec 2s?

And if they rub, either your beam is fooked, your arch liner isn't clipped in properly if you even have one or the wheels don't fit properly.

Nah, spec2s will be win on these, as the tyre wall wont deform nearly as badly as on clones, so the grip should be faptastic!

It's not rubbing on the inside of the arch, I think it's rubbing on the outside...

(07-08-2012, 09:44 AM)Ruan Wrote: Judging by the look of the photos, there's no way they'd be rubbing on the outer of the arch, they're miles away...

Probably the inner arch liner where it's inevitably creased and crumpled over the years....

Hmm, it could still be just the bits coming off from where the arch had cut the tyre from the last owner... now I'm driving them probably harder so the outer edge is getting used a bit more...

I'll take some photos when I get home; it is quite close Ruan... but as I said I'm just not sure it's touched or not.....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frosty's astor GTi6 Frosty 20 7,583 26-07-2018, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Frosty
  Sean's Diablo HDi Stage 2 168bhp & 290lbsft Just Sean 383 132,994 08-05-2013, 11:47 AM
Last Post: Poodle