Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Project dirty deezel 206 1.1 to XUD9TE :D
OK so seeing as the 206info forum has gone missing, presumed dead Sad I'll post the latest update on this project here!

To bring folks up to speed seeing as the original thread is now probably lost, in March this year we picked up a 2003 Pug 206 1.1S as a non-runner with the intention of swapping in a tuned 1.9TD.  The car arrived and was missing it's BSM (underbonnet fuse box). Threw one in and it fired up and ran/drove beautifully, bonus nachos, we sold the original engine/box for £50 to a guy who exports stuff to West Africa.

That funded the purchase of an "unknown" D8A on a K14 that'd been sat in a shed for years and was full of cobwebs. Test fire of that proved it sound except for a gummed up pump so the next thing was a gearbox.  Initially we found a DW10 out of a 406 with it's 'box for £30 locally, and were planning to use that but then fate took over and we spotted a high mileage 206 GTi with a blown HG and rust issues, £300 and it actually drove OK and had been cared for by the last owner, had a good interior/lowered beam/coilovers and best of all GTi180 alloys with brand new Rainsport 3's all round! Oh, and a spoiler from France that we've not seen before. 

Bargain, and I took the decision at that point to go with the GTi gearbox, as the ratios would suit our intended use of back road bruiser better than the high-ratio one from the 406 (plus the 406 would've meant faffing with cable shift/pull clutch and DMF). Another bonus when I pulled the 'box, the clutch kit was brand spanking! So that was the drivetrain sorted.

Next issue was making an engine never intended for a 206, fit, in a 206... The GTi gearbox mount is the only standard item now, top engine mount is scratch built from 1/2" steel bar & lower mount is Xantia TD but brought down and out some on adaptor plates to align the driveshaft bearing, coupled to the crossmember by a modified 206 dogbone.  Then wiring, stripping out redundant crap from the petrol loom & connecting the few sensors left & adding a glow plug relay.  Cooling and induction system are largely Xantia TD shoehorned into a hacked up 206 fan shroud/slam panel, still have to add a cooling fan behind the rad as no room for the stock one.  FMIC just about fits between the front chassis legs with a little trimming.  Some creativity needed for the header tank, it's now a GTi item relocated in the vent/plenum area behind the strut tower.

Probably forgotten more than I've remembered at this point, but the car made it's maiden voyage on Tuesday. 20 minutes later it was sat in a puddle of 80W/90 and had to be towed home  Censored  I forgot to put the hockey sticks in the intermediate bearing! Least it was nothing major, a bit of swearing and sweating later and Wednesday saw a better run and the first real pulls to see how she's faring.

Boost gauge and EGT not working as chinese rubbish, but tuning by eye/ear we have a nice idle with a slight lope to it, not too much smoke off-boost and seat-of-pants I'm saying it's over 160bhp peak.  We do have a dyno local to us so may discuss a run or two when it's been shaken down some more & has a cooling fan/gauges working.  Anyway, have to go out now but may well be back here if 206info is indeed lost for ever ahaha.  (Thanks due to members here and previous threads for helping me work out the pump issues we initially had, sticky vanes FTL!)
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
Project dirty deezel 206 1.1 to XUD9TE :D - by ekjdm14 - 23-07-2020, 12:57 PM