Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Could have been worse ...I guess :(
I wonder how much insurance would pay out for a 306 these days? Presumably they're worth about £50 as trade value for anything other than a GTi6/Rallye/S16... That's easily a Cat N write off if it does go through insurance, but as you're not at fault you can have it repaired if you want. Having a claim on your record, even non-fault, does increase the premium though so better to chase the other party and get the cash instead. At least you've got the reg and dashcam footage so they shouldn't really be able to argue it. It's not the first time I've heard of lorry drivers believing the indicator gives them right of way rather than just signalling their intentions though...

It looks like a fairly small bump but have you checked the NS inner wing to make sure that's not bent at all? Finding a decent used 306 bumper was hard enough 10 years ago, I reckon it'll be impossible nowadays, especially in Blaze. So you've got the option of buying a cheap but slightly battered bumper & wing, or paying more for perfect brand new ones and having them sprayed...I doubt you'd get change from £500 for the second option though, and it's not really worth it imo...I'd ask for the £500 cash and use that to buy something else personally.

If you do go down the used parts route, GTI6Parts on ebay had a Blaze GTi6 in, no idea if they've still got it but could be worth an ask. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-P...SwuYVWnqVg
Thanks given by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Could have been worse ...I guess :( - by Toms306 - 21-06-2019, 08:26 AM